Riding the Bench

2013 TVC HOCKING

Post by big_al3564 »

Who wins the hocking this year?

tcatpride
Freshman Team

Re: 2013 TVC HOCKING

Post by tcatpride »

im sure southern will be tuff like last yr....im sure they are the favorites. trimble will be very solid....several rturning starters and 2 incoming freshmen,that will both play beyond there yrs.if downs,kish,losey....build on there real good seasons from last yr and freshman dante brammer comes in plays at a high level on the mound and in the batters box and andrew losey shows he can pitch at the varsity level...cats will be a tuff out.

im also sure eastern,wahama,fed will be very competitive

Publius
Waterboy

Post by Publius »

It will finish something like this:
1. Eastern-too much returning talent for the rest of the league-Shook, Carnahan, Scowden
2. Federal Hocking-also returns most of their team, will challenge Eastern for the top spot
3. Trimble- Good mix of young players and upperclassman, will make a good run in the D4 tourn
4. Wahama- Generally a good program, several returning starters
5. South Gallia- Improved last season and returns everyone but Hainer
6.Waterford-Good young team that gave eastern all they wanted in the sectional till we put them away in the end. They may surprise some teams
7. Belpre- Will struggle but has some good young players
8. Southern-Team is gutted from last year- Roseberry,Taylor, Martin all graduated. They will struggle in all aspects of the game, district streak finally comes to an end
9.Miller- I have no idea but they beat eastern once last year. Didn't finish the season with a team

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Publius wrote:It will finish something like this:
1. Eastern-too much returning talent for the rest of the league-Shook, Carnahan, Scowden
2. Federal Hocking-also returns most of their team, will challenge Eastern for the top spot
3. Trimble- Good mix of young players and upperclassman, will make a good run in the D4 tourn
4. Wahama- Generally a good program, several returning starters
5. South Gallia- Improved last season and returns everyone but Hainer
6.Waterford-Good young team that gave eastern all they wanted in the sectional till we put them away in the end. They may surprise some teams
7. Belpre- Will struggle but has some good young players
8. Southern-Team is gutted from last year- Roseberry,Taylor, Martin all graduated. They will struggle in all aspects of the game, district streak finally comes to an end
9.Miller- I have no idea but they beat eastern once last year. Didn't finish the season with a team

Southern at 8 is funny. I believe they return one of the leagues top pitchers and batters as well as their catcher 1st basemen 3rd basemen and good core of other players. I'am guessing they will be top 3 in the league.

Eastern will be solid, lack of a dominateing pitcher wont hurt them much because the league will be down a bit from last year as far as pitching goes imo.

It could be a tite league race with no dominate team.

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

Publius, Southern lost a lot of key players but they do have some good players coming back.
by Charlie Hustle » May 23rd, 2012, 8:51 pm

e: ALL-TVC
by Charlie Hustle » May 7th, 2012, 6:32 pm

#4 Martin-.485 AVG, 39 runs, 32 hits, 32 RBIS, 4 Doubles, 1 Triples, .585 OB PCT, .576 SLG PCT, 19 SB
#5 Pape-.480 AVG, 29 runs, 36 hits, 41 RBIS, 4 Doubles, 2 HRS,.516 OB PCT, .613 SLG PCT, 4 SB
#10 Roseberry-.513 AVG, 41 runs, 40 hits, 22 RBIS, 1 Double, 9 Triples, .538 OB PCT, .756 SLG PCT, 23 SB

#5 Pape-5-0, 0.95 ERA, 37 SO, 15 BB
#7 Taylor-8-0, 1.14 ERA, 84 SO, 9 BB
#24 Ramthun 5-0, 0.52 ERA, 47 SO, 11 BB

Southern top Offensive and Defensive Players

As you can see by the stats I posted from last year's top offensive and defensive players for Southern.If Pape and Ramthun put up numbers like last year Southern will be pretty good. I thought Pape should have been one of the leading players for OPOY last year not sure what happen in the post season awards for him not to even make all tvc with those numbers. Ramthun and Pape give the Tornadoes a very good 1-2 pitching combination so I see the Tornadoes as one of the top teams.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Ranthum and Pape will 1-2 it for the pitching staff im sure but you cant sleep on a team who has won 6 district titles in a row. L Yea, they lost Taylor and some other key offensive and defensive contributors but they have rebuilt year after year. Coach Lemley does a great job mentally preparing his players for every season, and it starts in practice (Yes Allan Iverson, i am talking about PRACTICE ) and the offseason, execution on the little things has always been a huge focus point for the Southern program under Lemley. Whats even more exciting is watching the kids in the younger levels in racine, Little Leaguers, Pee Wee kids, etc, the talent just keeps coming. Ok, may have got off topic a little, forgive me for that, but this season will be fun to watch for sure. One thing i can say about Southern and Eastern, along with Trimble, is they are coached well, very well! Coach Bowen will have his boys ready to play this year like he always does, and they have talent returning. heard good things about the Brammer kid for trimble and some of the kids they have returning, definitely a team that should not be over looked. Im not real sure what Fed Hock has returning next season but im sure Steely Dan and GW can help enlighten me on that topic

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

SOUTHERN ... 8TH???

WHAT?????

The first thing I said after they lost to Newark Catholic was ... "well, I wouldn't be surprised to see Southern right back here next season."

On a 21 man roster posted for the 2012 season - only 5 were seniors. The Tornadoes will have Danny Ramthun, Adam pape, a great catcher in Hunter Johnson, their third baseman Trenton Deem, Chandler Drummer would be a No. 1 or No. 2 on most teams - but on Southern he's a No. 3 pitcher ... they are all back this year ... the younger Ramthun will be a sophmore as will Jack Lemley ... the Tornadoes will be right near the top and in the mix for another Hocking title all season long.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

93Bulldog wrote:SOUTHERN ... 8TH???

WHAT?????

The first thing I said after they lost to Newark Catholic was ... "well, I wouldn't be surprised to see Southern right back here next season."

On a 21 man roster posted for the 2012 season - only 5 were seniors. The Tornadoes will have Danny Ramthun, Adam pape, a great catcher in Hunter Johnson, their third baseman Trenton Deem, Chandler Drummer would be a No. 1 or No. 2 on most teams - but on Southern he's a No. 3 pitcher ... they are all back this year ... the younger Ramthun will be a sophmore as will Jack Lemley ... the Tornadoes will be right near the top and in the mix for another Hocking title all season long.

I found 8th to be pretty amusing myself. so much for respect, 6 district titles in a row must not mean anything, i guess you can buy District titles at you local Dollar General, marked down 60%off :roll: :lol:

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Those rankings came from someone with 29 posts so take it for what its worth

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

True..

Im hearing good things about a Brammer kid from Trimble...?

tcatpride
Freshman Team

Post by tcatpride »

dante brammer is the player you are asking about. hes a hard working ,dedicated baseball player. he has his own batting cage in glouster and hits everyday....he also works out pitching 1 day per week with an x major league pitcher.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

tcatpride wrote:dante brammer is the player you are asking about. hes a hard working ,dedicated baseball player. he has his own batting cage in glouster and hits everyday....he also works out pitching 1 day per week with an x major league pitcher.

If this is true, dedicated is an understatement. Good to hear about someone busting their hump to constantly make themselves better.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

tcatpride wrote:dante brammer is the player you are asking about. hes a hard working ,dedicated baseball player. he has his own batting cage in glouster and hits everyday....he also works out pitching 1 day per week with an x major league pitcher.
Good crop of new freshman players in SE Ohio. Brammer as I recall from watching some travel ball is a nice southpaw pitcher and good bat. Mowery kid from Zane Trace is a good position player and nice bat. Sexton kid from Jackson has a rocket for an arm and is a very solid bat. Welsh kid from Portsmouth West, and a kid from Athens/Albany area that is solid as well. Be very interesting to see if these frosh can crack their respective varsity line-ups and make a difference.

tcatpride
Freshman Team

Post by tcatpride »

Freshmen class of the tvc is real good.
Chapman,grigsby at alex
brammer at trimble.....i would say all 3 of them will be in the varsity lineup.
its true about brammer....he never stops working at baseball.
sexton at jackson...he and dante have faced each other numerous ti
mes in travel ball. Mowery and welsh are both very nice players.

bhseaglex12
Riding the Bench

Post by bhseaglex12 »

Belpre will most likely struggle this year. Lost all pitching in Nestor, and Whitington. Lost their big bats in the middle of the order in hatfield and whitington, and the middle of the infield got a whole lot weaker with the transfer of ullman. may be a rebuilding program for a while.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

TTT

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

If what I heard at the Trimble-Southern game is true Southern taking a big hit in their chances of winning the Hocking.

tcatpride
Freshman Team

Post by tcatpride »

What did u here?

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

tcatpride wrote:What did u here?

I heard a player that was one of their leading hitters and pitcher from last season may be out for the season.

Return to “Baseball”