SOC I Thoughts

CharlieHustle
All Conference

SOC I Thoughts

Post by CharlieHustle »

What is everyone's thoughts on the SOC I this upcoming season?

Notre Dame lost some extremely talented seniors and SOC I POY in Tyler Noel...and they will also be under the direction of new head coach, Drew Mader. Kevin Noel retired at the end of last season. ND returns the majority of its starters, and should have another great season.

THE MANCHILD
Waterboy

Re: SOC I Thoughts

Post by THE MANCHILD »

Got to look at the Vikings again this year. Won SOC1 last year. Returning 75 percent of their starting lineup along with last year's SOC pitcher of the year. One of South Gallia's best players transfered in last year and will be a nice addition for the Vikings.

vikingguy12
Waterboy

Post by vikingguy12 »

if my memory is correct wasnt SV 13-1 last year and WON the soc. they are returning the core of there lineup as well as the core of there pitching rotation. i think ill stick with a sure thing.. good luck this season vikings!!!

Flatlander1
Waterboy

Post by Flatlander1 »

From what I seen yesterday at Symms Valley, I would have to say they are the class of the SOC1 again this year. With them already knocking off ND, I see the Vikings possibly going undefeated in the SOC1. They are well coached and have a lot of talent. The pitcher they threw against the eagles yesterday, was he the pitcher of the year last year?

vikingguy12
Waterboy

Post by vikingguy12 »

no that was tanner mays. Mitch corn was pitcher of the year.

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

Has the SOC always had a "Pitcher of the Year" award or was it new last season? If so, who got it in the SOC 2?

I think SV is the best team in the SOC I, and they have a very good coach that understands the game. In fact I'd have to agree that they will run the table in conference. How is their non-league schedule?

vikingguy12
Waterboy

Post by vikingguy12 »

not bad. they already played gallipolis and chesapeake, losing to gallia and beating chessy.. if my memory serves me right they have a game coming up with a team out of ky this week or next.

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

Vikings defeated Green 11-0 on Monday and Western 12-0 on Tuesday. They play WhiteOak tonight. This along with the game against Ashland on Saturday will be two tough games for the Vikings.

Return to “Baseball”