2015 TVC - Ohio Baseball

spartans_fan
Varsity

Re: 2015 TVC - Ohio Baseball

Post by spartans_fan »

The league will take care of itself. It will play out.

Alexander has a ton of talent, but has the ability to play better. Pitching has been very good, hitting is getting better. Base running is an area of needed improvement.

Go Alex.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Uhhm yes I am serious k ... I think these boys are quite capable of winning the league, that's my take on my favorite team in the league. Feel free to rant and stomp and declare Meigs the winner. Who knows maybe they will. Lmao relax

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Alexander Hitman wrote:Uhhm yes I am serious k ... I think these boys are quite capable of winning the league, that's my take on my favorite team in the league. Feel free to rant and stomp and declare Meigs the winner. Who knows maybe they will. Lmao relax
I'm not declaring Meigs as the Winner, They are Very young and getting used to being a "TEAM" and no leadership has been established yet. They are 0-3, but for the most part in each game they have a bad inning and give up 5 or 6 runs and then they give up. They are in learning mode right now and will come around. Once they get that first W, they will get some confidence built up.

As far as Alexander goes, Glad they are doing well, but I'm sure that you understand they have only played one worthy team.

Monday will be interesting as you all come see us and we will be hungry for that first Win.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

My pick is still the Spartans ....you actually did say "Meigs will be on top of the TVC Ohio " in a earliers post. Questionmark and yourself got a kick outta me saying Sparty would dominate again..(as in like last year ) so someone posted all time records, which I found helpful lol since meigs and Alex seem to be the team to beat most years until Athens jumped down to the TVC. Should be a lot of good games this season. Goodluck to all

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Alexander Hitman wrote:My pick is still the Spartans ....you actually did say "Meigs will be on top of the TVC Ohio " in a earliers post. Questionmark and yourself got a kick outta me saying Sparty would dominate again..(as in like last year ) so someone posted all time records, which I found helpful lol since meigs and Alex seem to be the team to beat most years until Athens jumped down to the TVC. Should be a lot of good games this season. Goodluck to all
Yes I said Meigs will be "in" the top, not "at" the top. slight difference there, your saying Spartans are on their way to another league title after 1 good win...Meigs started out 4-0 last year, and look what happened...So way too early to claim a league title.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach_K wrote:
Alexander Hitman wrote:My pick is still the Spartans ....you actually did say "Meigs will be on top of the TVC Ohio " in a earliers post. Questionmark and yourself got a kick outta me saying Sparty would dominate again..(as in like last year ) so someone posted all time records, which I found helpful lol since meigs and Alex seem to be the team to beat most years until Athens jumped down to the TVC. Should be a lot of good games this season. Goodluck to all
Yes I said Meigs will be "in" the top, not "at" the top. slight difference there, your saying Spartans are on their way to another league title after 1 good win...Meigs started out 4-0 last year, and look what happened...So way too early to claim a league title.
In all fairness, beating Jackson is a huge win for Alex. I can see why their fans would be excited. But there is a lot of baseball to be played.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Honestly I wasn't impressed with Jackson...Yes Leach threw close to a perfect game. On paper it looks impressive, but we hit the ball, we put it in play, but just right to them for easy plays. In which is just us being inexperienced. We have too many batters going to the plate and the only thing they are thinking of is not striking out. They don't have the confidence yet to go up there and mentally see and know where they are going to hit the ball. The teams we have faced have had that hitters mentality. Not going to win many ball games going up to the plate and just being satisfied that you put the ball in play.

And we also aren't being aggressive on defense, not dedicating to do what it takes to stop that ball.

It will happen though, just gotta get some games under our belts and get the confidence up.

I will credit Jackson with all their players dedicating themselves ...I was talking to a buddy while they were just out there warming up during the change in innings and seeing the catcher sacrifice his body to block it just on a warm up pitch, and then on the throw down to 2nd the player using his body to block it. They are giving 100% on every play even if it's just a warmup...That makes a solid program!!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach_K wrote:Honestly I wasn't impressed with Jackson...Yes Leach threw close to a perfect game. On paper it looks impressive, but we hit the ball, we put it in play, but just right to them for easy plays. In which is just us being inexperienced. We have too many batters going to the plate and the only thing they are thinking of is not striking out. They don't have the confidence yet to go up there and mentally see and know where they are going to hit the ball. The teams we have faced have had that hitters mentality. Not going to win many ball games going up to the plate and just being satisfied that you put the ball in play.

And we also aren't being aggressive on defense, not dedicating to do what it takes to stop that ball.

It will happen though, just gotta get some games under our belts and get the confidence up.

I will credit Jackson with all their players dedicating themselves ...I was talking to a buddy while they were just out there warming up during the change in innings and seeing the catcher sacrifice his body to block it just on a warm up pitch, and then on the throw down to 2nd the player using his body to block it. They are giving 100% on every play even if it's just a warmup...That makes a solid program!!!
Gotta call you out on this. Most of the starters played and started Varsity last year, young or not. They have that year under their belt. Maybe give someone credit where its due. Jackson is one of the best teams around. No shame in getting beat by them. But to say that most of the hitters are not confident because of inexperience?. Plain and simple good pitching beats good hitting. If some of these young guys are not ready to hit, maybe they shouldn't be playing varsity yet.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Coach K was not impressed gonna be a long boring season for you. Leach kept all of meigs hitter off balance the ball that was hit square was the base hit late in game the rest were all dribblers of the bat. So just phone in the rest of the season because you won't know impressive when you see it.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

PIGSKIN wrote:Coach K was not impressed gonna be a long boring season for you. Leach kept all of meigs hitter off balance the ball that was hit square was the base hit late in game the rest were all dribblers of the bat. So just phone in the rest of the season because you won't know impressive when you see it.
To not give a kid credit for pitching a gem is pretty lousy.And in case you didn't realize it Coach_K, the object of pitching is to get batters out. to say "we hit it, but right at them for easy plays" is not a very informed comment. Really? If you throw a one hitter but don't strike everyone out, it's not that impressive? Sorry pal, but that is just ridiculous. That's the point is to throw pitches that keep hitters off balance so they hit it to your defense so they can make plays. I'm a Meigs supporter, but posts like yours make fans look bad. Give the kid credit.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

I said I wasn't impressed with Jackson, I don't have to be impressed with a team. I mean they are all high and mighty and good? What happened against Alexander? I didn't say I wasn't impressed with Leach, where did I say that...Dont come on here and make it out like I am dogging a team, when in fact I said I was giving them credit for how dedicated they were. Did you not read my whole thing?

And Meigs is inexperienced for the season, We have only played 3 games, others have played 5 or 6, In 28 Innings of scrimmages, Our starters only seen 10 innings of play, only batted 1 or 2 times a game. So just because a team has a year under their belt doesnt mean they are automatically gonna be ready for this season. And the inexperience doesn't only have to mean in their play, but playing together as a TEAM...And right now Meigs is playing as groups and not a Team, they aren't on the same page.

Like I said Meigs Offense isn't getting it done yet, They have to get the mental part of it down, you know, go to the plate, see a hole and hit it there...Sorry, but so much of the game of baseball is mental, That is where we are inexperience early in this season. We will get there.

There is no way my post makes fans look bad, I in no way said anything bad about his pitching, I don't have to give someone credit, I don't have to see a perfect game or a one hitter to be impressed with a pitcher. Because it takes 8 other guys to make that pitcher look good, just as well as it can be another team with weak hitting make him look great.

I'm impressed when I see 110% dedication, laying out for a ball, making big plays. Not just routine ground balls....That's not impressive!!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach_K wrote:I said I wasn't impressed with Jackson, I don't have to be impressed with a team. I mean they are all high and mighty and good? What happened against Alexander? I didn't say I wasn't impressed with Leach, where did I say that...Dont come on here and make it out like I am dogging a team, when in fact I said I was giving them credit for how dedicated they were. Did you not read my whole thing?

And Meigs is inexperienced for the season, We have only played 3 games, others have played 5 or 6, In 28 Innings of scrimmages, Our starters only seen 10 innings of play, only batted 1 or 2 times a game. So just because a team has a year under their belt doesnt mean they are automatically gonna be ready for this season. And the inexperience doesn't only have to mean in their play, but playing together as a TEAM...And right now Meigs is playing as groups and not a Team, they aren't on the same page.

Like I said Meigs Offense isn't getting it done yet, They have to get the mental part of it down, you know, go to the plate, see a hole and hit it there...Sorry, but so much of the game of baseball is mental, That is where we are inexperience early in this season. We will get there.

There is no way my post makes fans look bad, I in no way said anything bad about his pitching, I don't have to give someone credit, I don't have to see a perfect game or a one hitter to be impressed with a pitcher. Because it takes 8 other guys to make that pitcher look good, just as well as it can be another team with weak hitting make him look great.

I'm impressed when I see 110% dedication, laying out for a ball, making big plays. Not just routine ground balls....That's not impressive!!!
Did you not say he almost three a perfect game and it looked impressive "on paper"? Therefore you said he wasn't impressive. I just get aggravated when kids go out and tear it up and grown adults brush them off. Maybe you didn't mean to come off like you did, but it sounded like a knock on the kid and an impressive team. What happened against Alex? Ever think maybe Alex is good too? Anyway, I do wish the Marsuders luck and know they will do fine this year.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Leach made 9 out himself leaving 12 out for his defense and they made the plays most teams will muff routine ground balls so apparently the Ironmen just can't impress you. The Alexander game went like this kid pitched a great game and team did enough to win game. Jackson made several mistakes on bases didn't get the bunt down and jackson pitched 4-7 and center fielder they took them lightly and Alex made them pay for it. Look for them to get Leach,largent or sexton next time but Alex was better that day. Might want to change that K to and A if a one error high school games not good enough for you.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Like I have said, I AM NOT putting the kid down, Not putting any of the kids down. That particular game was not impressive. Meigs is a weak team right now. I don't follow Jackson, I don't know how good or bad they are. I mean come on my son threw a one hitter against Vinton last year on a blooper over the 2nd basemen head in the 7th inning with 2 outs...Was that overly impressive...No it wasn't....It was Vinton, come on now. Heck if anything I am knocking Meigs more than I am the Jackson team.

I am not going to argue this any further, If you want to think that I should change my K to an A, just because I wasn't impressed one game...so be it. Must be your kid for you to get upset that I'm not impressed.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

As of this morning Jackson had played three times as many TVC Ohio teams as SEOAL (we just finished at Logan this evening so we are up to two league games lol).

With the draw of the pitching with all the rainouts Athens saw Sexton and Meigs saw Leach and we fared well, 27 strikeouts combined in both those games. Alexander played us well their starting pitcher kept us off balance and we made some mistakes and they won and it was what it was. That is baseball.

I do not think we saw Athens or Meigs #1 or #2 and they saw ours. Pitching is the equalizer, we play again and they throw one of their aces and we don't things may be different, no getting around that.

From me seeing those three teams I give the Spartans the edge, but I do not know the arms the Bulldogs or Marauders have so just a guess. Alexander seemed to be a little more fundamental but it is WAY early.

Good luck to all area teams.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

doubleplay643 wrote:As of this morning Jackson had played three times as many TVC Ohio teams as SEOAL (we just finished at Logan this evening so we are up to two league games lol).

With the draw of the pitching with all the rainouts Athens saw Sexton and Meigs saw Leach and we fared well, 27 strikeouts combined in both those games. Alexander played us well there starting pitcher kept us off balance and we made some mistakes and they won and it was what it was. That is baseball.

I do not think we saw Athens or Meigs #1 or #2 and they saw ours. Pitching is the equalizer, we play again and they throw one of their aces and we don't things may be different, no getting around that.

From me seeing those three teams I give the Spartans the edge, but I do not know the arms the Bulldogs or Marauders have so just a guess. Alexander seemed to be a little more fundamental but it is WAY early.

Good luck to all area teams.
We just got beat by Alexander 8-5 in 8 Innings....Bottom of 7th and we have runner on first with no outs. 2 hot hitters coming up to the plate and we bunt the one with 2 rbi's and sacrifice an out to advance runner to 2nd...next batter has had 2 hits and he gets the bunt sign to sacrifice the runner to 3rd. Next batter pop flies to take it to 8th Inning. 8th inning Catch-able ball drops in right field, next up error, then more errors. End result 8-5.

We lost the game, but on a positive note, the boys were playing A LOT better, they seemed to be more of a Team. Would have been better to Win, but this could be a turnaround for the kids.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

If you have two great pitchers in Baseball then you have a great team. Bad thing about Baseball. If your pitching stinks then your team stinks no matter how good the rest of the team is.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Jackson seen our #3 pitcher the first 4 innings and then our #5 pitcher the last 2. Our Senior first baseman didn't play and that moved our 3rd basemen over to first. And our 3rd basemen hadn't seen any playing time this year, not even in scrimmages because of injury. He missed a few routine plays that hurt us and we ended up giving up 6 out of the 8 runs in that inning.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Blackjack wrote:If you have two great pitchers in Baseball then you have a great team. Bad thing about Baseball. If your pitching stinks then your team stinks no matter how good the rest of the team is.
A great #1 and #2 with an average squad will usually get you in the hunt for a League title.

A great #1 and #2 with an above average squad will get you in the hunt for a run in the sectionals and districts.

A great #1 and #2 with an above average squad and an above average coach will get you to the regionals.

A great #1 and #2 with a great team and a great coach gets you to Huntington Park.

Figuring out how to beat a better team is about coaching and players understanding what the coach is attempting. At some point you have to beat a better pitching team or a better hitting team or both.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

I agree Double Play. Gotta put it all together

Return to “Baseball”