2015 TVC - Ohio Baseball

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Re: 2015 TVC - Ohio Baseball

Post by Alexander hitman »

You are going to face both types of teams at some point.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Couldn't make the game but I heard it was pretty good one. Meigs played well but the errors killed them from what I'm told.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Alexander Hitman wrote:Couldn't make the game but I heard it was pretty good one. Meigs played well but the errors killed them from what I'm told.
It was an exciting game. I wish we could have got the Win...But not just to have a Win...These boys need something to lift there spirits. They played well and there spirits were up until that last inning...Now I'm afraid the loss took more out of them.

I will say this, it hasn't been an easy schedule to start with. Gallipolis (6-2), Athens (6-3), Jackson (7-1) and Alexander (7-1).

Alexander hitman
Varsity

No K it hasn't been easy.... You got some teams coming up that could boost the Win %..

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach_K wrote:
doubleplay643 wrote:As of this morning Jackson had played three times as many TVC Ohio teams as SEOAL (we just finished at Logan this evening so we are up to two league games lol).

With the draw of the pitching with all the rainouts Athens saw Sexton and Meigs saw Leach and we fared well, 27 strikeouts combined in both those games. Alexander played us well there starting pitcher kept us off balance and we made some mistakes and they won and it was what it was. That is baseball.

I do not think we saw Athens or Meigs #1 or #2 and they saw ours. Pitching is the equalizer, we play again and they throw one of their aces and we don't things may be different, no getting around that.

From me seeing those three teams I give the Spartans the edge, but I do not know the arms the Bulldogs or Marauders have so just a guess. Alexander seemed to be a little more fundamental but it is WAY early.

Good luck to all area teams.

We just got beat by Alexander 8-5 in 8 Innings....Bottom of 7th and we have runner on first with no outs. 2 hot hitters coming up to the plate and we bunt the one with 2 rbi's and sacrifice an out to advance runner to 2nd...next batter has had 2 hits and he gets the bunt sign to sacrifice the runner to 3rd. Next batter pop flies to take it to 8th Inning. 8th inning Catch-able ball drops in right field, next up error, then more errors. End result 8-5.

We lost the game, but on a positive note, the boys were playing A LOT better, they seemed to be more of a Team. Would have been better to Win, but this could be a turnaround for the kids.
I get the feeling that the bunt call wasn't a popular one. The first call makes sense but if coach really did call for two bunts, I'm a little puzzled.

Meigs has had four tough games to open up. Wins will pile up for the Marauders soon. I'll still agree with you K that this is a solid team. I'm surprised errors have been such a factor though.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

BlizzardMan wrote:
Coach_K wrote:
doubleplay643 wrote:As of this morning Jackson had played three times as many TVC Ohio teams as SEOAL (we just finished at Logan this evening so we are up to two league games lol).

With the draw of the pitching with all the rainouts Athens saw Sexton and Meigs saw Leach and we fared well, 27 strikeouts combined in both those games. Alexander played us well there starting pitcher kept us off balance and we made some mistakes and they won and it was what it was. That is baseball.

I do not think we saw Athens or Meigs #1 or #2 and they saw ours. Pitching is the equalizer, we play again and they throw one of their aces and we don't things may be different, no getting around that.

From me seeing those three teams I give the Spartans the edge, but I do not know the arms the Bulldogs or Marauders have so just a guess. Alexander seemed to be a little more fundamental but it is WAY early.

Good luck to all area teams.

We just got beat by Alexander 8-5 in 8 Innings....Bottom of 7th and we have runner on first with no outs. 2 hot hitters coming up to the plate and we bunt the one with 2 rbi's and sacrifice an out to advance runner to 2nd...next batter has had 2 hits and he gets the bunt sign to sacrifice the runner to 3rd. Next batter pop flies to take it to 8th Inning. 8th inning Catch-able ball drops in right field, next up error, then more errors. End result 8-5.

We lost the game, but on a positive note, the boys were playing A LOT better, they seemed to be more of a Team. Would have been better to Win, but this could be a turnaround for the kids.
I get the feeling that the bunt call wasn't a popular one. The first call makes sense but if coach really did call for two bunts, I'm a little puzzled.

Meigs has had four tough games to open up. Wins will pile up for the Marauders soon. I'll still agree with you K that this is a solid team. I'm surprised errors have been such a factor though.

Yes first bunt was definitely a must, even if the kid had 2 rbi's previously at bat, He was the #9 hitter and a good bunter usually, but corners was already playing way in. new the bunt was coming...But you still have to do it and get the runner to 2nd. Next up is the #1 batter, and the only kid that had a hit in the Jackson game, had hits in this game, he needed the opportunity to be able to drive that runner in.

As for the errors, they come at the wrong times and all happen in the same inning usually. Very tough games, but we have been in them all. We are also leaving way too many runners stranded on the bases, I can't remember how many were stranded last night, I know in like the 5th inning we had already left like 7 runners stranded.

It will turn around.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Meigs had put pressure on Alexander the entire game using the bunt. They had several hits using this strategy. It looked like this was the way Meigs wanted to execute their offensive attack. Alexander stopped walking batters in the last several innings to put the pressure back on Meigs to find offense.

I agree with Coach_K that when Meigs got behind in the 8th inning then the wheels fell off. Made several errors that they had not made earlier in the game. For the most part, it was a fun game to watch.

Go Alex.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Spartans still playing well with a pair of wins over crooksville this weekend.
Keep rolling boys !!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Whole TVC comes down to this week. Athens plays Alexander Tuesday, Meigs Wednesday, and Alexander Friday

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Yea raider those should all be some good games ...

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

This week will be fun with 5 games in 5 days.

Alexander plays River Valley, Athens, Vinton County, Jackson and Athens. Pitching rotation will be interesting.

Go Alex!

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Where is this game being played? Any idea who's starting on the mound for each team? Would really like to be able to make it to this game.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Good win tonight Alexander Spartans ..... Keep on Rollin !!

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Them Spartans are still hammering away !!!
Well done boys !!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Alexander Hitman wrote:Them Spartans are still hammering away !!!
Well done boys !!
Hands down best team in the TVC...

Alexander hitman
Varsity

They are playing very well O&B , been Monday quiet on the boards lately, meigs and NY both seem to be playing better ball so should be some good games coming up. Was nice to sweep Jackson this season.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Hopefully sweep them dogs this season aswell.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

TVC-OHIO getting very interesting.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Coach_K wrote:TVC-OHIO getting very interesting.
Definitely fun!!

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

What's teams records?

Return to “Baseball”