Chillicothe Regional

RoadMan
Riding the Bench

Re: Chillicothe Regional

Post by RoadMan »

I agree bman, the district boards handle the district games. But I will offer this - shame on the OHSAA, as they had to know the VA rules.

As has been mentioned by free safety, I don't see this being different than football playoffs. If your home field is artificial and you get to host a first round game against a school that has natural grass does the visiting team get to raise a fuss to get the game moved? Wait, I know the answer - depends on if the host site is south of I-70 and east of I-71 or not!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Metal tipped football cleats are different than metal spikes. At the end of the day, this is the Sweet 16, just go play!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

How is this any different that a team that plays football on grass all season long and then has to play on turf in the playoffs?? It BS that the OHSAA would change the venue just so one team can wear a certain shoe. So if Elgin wins does the winner of the Adena/Burg game have to bow to their wishes and play on a field that suits them?? BS!!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

So it's ok to make 40-50-60 players on a football team get different shoes but its to expensive to make 15-20 kids get different shoes?

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

I'm not familiar with football cleats. Are they not allowed to wear a certain football cleat on turf? I know football cleats have a metal tip on the end, but are there any that are fully metal? I think the metal tips are okay on the turf, it's the spikes they don't insure on it. Therefore, football teams might not have to buy all new cleats before they play on a turf field.

I'm shocked that the OHSAA is allowing Elgin to play at a different venue because of this. Like other posters have said, what happens if they win? Will Wheelersburg/Adena have to switch venues just because a team threw a fit? I can understand changing it next season and giving everyone fair warning, but to change it after the brackets and venues have been set is ridiculous.

Catspaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Catspaw »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:How is this any different that a team that plays football on grass all season long and then has to play on turf in the playoffs?? It BS that the OHSAA would change the venue just so one team can wear a certain shoe. So if Elgin wins does the winner of the Adena/Burg game have to bow to their wishes and play on a field that suits them?? BS!!!
This Warrior fan agrees!

THE ROAD
Waterboy

Post by THE ROAD »

What time is burg playing today? I've seen both 2 pm and 5

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

THE ROAD wrote:What time is burg playing today? I've seen both 2 pm and 5
2:00. It will be streamed live on the WNXT radio website as well.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

WKKJ 94.3 Chillicothe

iheart radio

One of the best stations in Ohio covering high school sports.

baseballfan4life
Waterboy

Post by baseballfan4life »

This decision by the OHSAA is total crap! We have played several games at VA and all has been fine - just because this other team cries and whines, they make this change. It's ridiculous. We were told last night that the Regional Final will be played at Ohio State Stadium at 5 p.m. on Friday no matter who the winners are today. The sad thing is - I hate to see games not be played at the VA anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if that happens after all this nonsense.

Go Warriors!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Adena 0
Burg 3

Burg coming up to bat in the bottom of the 6th.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Adena 0
Burg 3

Final

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

It appears to me that someone has an awful lot of pull to get a regional game changed because of shoes. This is not right!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I wish someone from the OHSAA was at the game today, because that was a heck of a crowd and it wasn't just fans of the two teams playing. I'm sure lots of locals won't be making the trip to Bill Davis Stadium tomorrow like they would have if it was at the VA.

But, very good game between two very good teams. Burg got a break early and then sealed the game with the 2 spot in the 3rd. Martin looked outstanding, like he normally does and Shepherd pitched well from the Warriors.

Catspaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Catspaw »

Congratulations Wheelersburg! The Big Blue will be pulling for you!

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

The D3 Regional has been at the VA for 20+ years. It will be terrible for baseball in Southern Ohio if it is no longer played there.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

What would the OHSAA do if Burg said they didn't want tom play on that field for some reason? Would they have changed the venue form them?

I can't wait until next football season when in the playoffs a team complains about having to play on turf and they don't move the game. I believe a lawsuit could be at hand and I hope it happens.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

danicalifornia wrote:I wish someone from the OHSAA was at the game today, because that was a heck of a crowd and it wasn't just fans of the two teams playing. I'm sure lots of locals won't be making the trip to Bill Davis Stadium tomorrow like they would have if it was at the VA.

But, very good game between two very good teams. Burg got a break early and then sealed the game with the 2 spot in the 3rd. Martin looked outstanding, like he normally does and Shepherd pitched well from the Warriors.
I was planning to go to the VA today , but not now. Def not drive to cbus! Ashame ohsaa let this happen. Add another 1hr to burg traveling!

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

Spikes didn't seem to be much of an issue, 'Burg up 5-0 going to bottom of 6th.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Good thing the game was moved. If not for the spikes the Elgin team might be down 10-0. Way to minimize the loss to the Pirates. Great call again by the OHSAA.

Return to “Baseball”