2014 TVC OHIO

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

2014 TVC OHIO

Post by Orange and Brown »

Baseball season is here!!
Who finishes where?

Who are the key players who will make a difference for your team?
Who has the best pitching?
Who has the best hitting?
Let'sget this cconversation going!

questionmark
All Conference

Re: 2014 TVC OHIO

Post by questionmark »

Athens will do something I believe they have never done in school history in Baseball...
...We have ZERO Seniors on the Roster.

The Bulldogs have a strong Junior Class this season with some really talented Sophomores and Freshman sprinkled in ...

The DOGS are the Defending Champs ...

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Meigs will Win it this year and the next several years to come.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach_K wrote:Meigs will Win it this year and the next several years to come.
I say Meigs wins it this year but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Farr
Riding the Bench

Post by Farr »

Any time the Laurman (spelling?) kid is on the bump, Athens would be the favorite against any of the TVC Ohio teams IMHO.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Athens returns the best pitcher in the League in Ryan Luehrman, only a Junior...

Athens beat Meigs twice last year ...
Athens split with Alexander ...

I'd say Alexander and Athens have to be the favorites...

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Meigs beat Alexander twice last year.
Athens beat Meigs at home pretty bad, but only won by 1 at Meigs.

Meig's lost 2 Seniors and has all there pitching back in Taylor Rowe, Ty Phelps and Cameron Mattox.
Meigs has added 2 new upperclassmen in Kaleb Sheets and Damon Jones that sat last year out.
Plus has great talent being added from the Freshman Class in Cody Bartrum, Chase Whitlach and Luke Musser.

Meigs will surprise people this year.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach_K wrote:Meigs beat Alexander twice last year.
Athens beat Meigs at home pretty bad, but only won by 1 at Meigs.

Meig's lost 2 Seniors and has all there pitching back in Taylor Rowe, Ty Phelps and Cameron Mattox.
Meigs has added 2 new upperclassmen in Kaleb Sheets and Damon Jones that sat last year out.
Plus has great talent being added from the Freshman Class in Cody Bartrum, Chase Whitlach and Luke Musser.

Meigs will surprise people this year.
I don't think it will be a surprise at all if Meigs wins the league.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Athens will win the TVC in 2014 . This will be a re occurring theme as Athens is a excellent baseball school in a soft baseball conference .

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Viking96 wrote:Athens will win the TVC in 2014 . This will be a re occurring theme as Athens is a excellent baseball school in a soft baseball conference .
Man, I don't know which is worst...your absolute hate for Athens Sports or your utter disdain for the TVC as a League...

You give them a compliment but can't quite leave it there, you have to through in the jab at the end...

Athens, Alexander and Meigs are quality Baseball Programs...
Wellston has been a traditionally strong baseball school yet there athletics have fallen on hard times...
NY and VC have never been known for their baseball...

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Viking96 wrote:Athens will win the TVC in 2014 . This will be a re occurring theme as Athens is a excellent baseball school in a soft baseball conference .
Athens is Coached very well...I am friends with both Coaches and they do an outstanding job with the program, But I think Meigs will have more pitching this year than Athens will to get them through the TVC Games. Meigs was 7-3 in the TVC Ohio last year, I think they have what it takes this year to beat Athens and that's not taking anything at all away from Athens. It will be a tough race for sure.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

questionmark wrote:
Man, I don't know which is worst...your absolute hate for Athens Sports or your utter disdain for the TVC as a League...

You give them a compliment but can't quite leave it there, you have to through in the jab at the end...

Wellston has been a traditionally strong baseball school yet there athletics have fallen on hard times...
Wellston baseball is a shell of what it once was. Alex does well for a small school, Meigs is no slouch but Athens will win the TVC ohio 8/10 years , why does that bother you so much?

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Viking96 wrote:
questionmark wrote:

Wellston baseball is a shell of what it once was. Alex does well for a small school, Meigs is no slouch but Athens will win the TVC ohio 8/10 years , why does that bother you so much?
You must not follow too much baseball to think Athens will win the TVC Ohio the next 8/10 years.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Coach_K - this guys has no clue...

It is gonna be a great 4-5 years (can't look too far ahead, kids still too young) but the Junior High and High School programs at Athens, Alexander and Meigs are Pretty Stout...

Athens has had Fred Gibson for over 21 years and Chris Stewart was an assistant for 8 before taking over, now in Year 2...
Alexander has had Vaughn Grigsby there forever...
Meigs has Brent Bissell, who has been there for a while now...

Continuity builds a Winner...and it is a reason these three schools are always in the Mix...

NY is heading in the right direction. Wayne Dicken is in I believe his Fourth Year and has been improving NY Baseball...
Wellston and VC are the only two school who have had issues keeping coaches and players interested...

But to say one team is going to Win 8-10 years is just crazy...too many unknowns. Athens/Alex/Meigs are going to be some awesome Baseball Games this season and several season down the road...

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

When did Athens enter the TVC?

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

2009 for Baseball ...

Athens has won 4 of the 5 Baseball Titles in the OHIO...
Meigs Won in 2011...

Athens has had a string of amazing, baseball talent come through these past 5 years...

However, Alexander and Meigs both are Rock solid in talent as well. It is going to be an amazing 4-5 years of battles between these 3 schools...

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

4/5 ? So I say 8/10 and you freak out ?

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Viking96 wrote:4/5 ? So I say 8/10 and you freak out ?
4/5 is 12th Grade through 8th grade, your predicting clear down to the 5th and 3rd grade level....BIG Difference.

I have been lucky to coach the now Seniors at the Junior high level up at the Athens Sandlot league, in which we (Meigs) won the league...Coached last years 7th grade team up there and we Won the league again....Yes a lot different in high school ball, but these boys are ready for it.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Coach_K wrote:
Viking96 wrote:4/5 ? So I say 8/10 and you freak out ?
4/5 is 12th Grade through 8th grade, your predicting clear down to the 5th and 3rd grade level....BIG Difference.

I have been lucky to coach the now Seniors at the Junior high level up at the Athens Sandlot league, in which we (Meigs) won the league...Coached last years 7th grade team up there and we Won the league again....Yes a lot different in high school ball, but these boys are ready for it.
Listen I'm not saying that Athens will win the TVC every year .i know Meigs has good baseball and some years will beat Athens. But baseball in Athens is big. They have great facilities from youth on up. That community does right by their kids . Plus they have twice as many kids as some schools. They will win a ton if TVC baseball titles.

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

I heard Athens was young this year. Assuming they have several juniors (I think someone said earlier they have NO seniors). I do remember they graduated 10 or 11 last year, and pretty sure most of those guys played quite a bit. Sounds like there could be a lot of question marks and holes to fill. No doubt Meigs will compete. And keep an eye on Alexander also.

Return to “Baseball”