OVC

osumufan
SE

OVC

Post by osumufan »

Predictions.... what does everyone have coming back?

unclebob
JV Team

Re: OVC

Post by unclebob »

South Point returns some pitching.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Peake returns 7 starters, 0 seniors. At least at this point. 4 solid starting pitchers.... will relief hold up? Strong top 4 hitters, but how will the bottom of the order hit and how strong will the outfield be?

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

Panthers will be in the hunt. Still a very young team, catching is questionable along with hitting. Need to figure out a way to stop people from stealing. Pitching is suspect in the early part of the season especially with multiple games so close together. I still think Peake will win the conference if they play the way they can.

SV1134
Freshman Team

Post by SV1134 »

Very hard to bet against Rock Hill. After winning their 3rd consecutive OVC Championship and making it to the District Finals, they return 6 starters. That includes all of their pitching and All-District selection Jon Joseph.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

South Point returns at least 4 pitchers in Boggs Sr., Whitt Jr., Browning Sr., and Woodard So.. I don't think any team in the league will go undfeated in league play. should be some great matchups!

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

I agree with unclebob, nobody is coming out of league play undefeated.
I think our conference has got to be one of the best in the area in this sport, and with the additions of Portsmouth and Ironton will only get better.

buckeye_25705
Waterboy

Post by buckeye_25705 »

South Point will be very strong this year. I see them taking the OVC. Very strong line-up top 6 or 7 hitters will put the bat on the ball. out field very fast and strong arms. A few changes to the infield. very solid team

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

I heard the browning kid isnt playing.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

BlockO wrote:Very hard to bet against Rock Hill. After winning their 3rd consecutive OVC Championship and making it to the District Finals, they return 6 starters. That includes all of their pitching and All-District selection Jon Joseph.
RH didn't look to impressive in the scrimmage game yesterday against ironton 6-6 through 5 innings!

was just a scrimmage so time will tell!!

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Peake looked good in scrimmage vs. Portsmouth Notre Dame Monday night, winning 11-1 against the Titans in a game stopped in the 7th inning for darkness. Only a scrimmage but Lester and Henson surrendered only 2 hits combined and 10ks in 5 2/3 innnings of work. Probably the most encouraging thing to see was the Panthers willingness to swing the bats. 11 hits and lots more balls put into play. Only 3ks for Panther hitters. Early, but encouraging!

Return to “Baseball”