Wheelersburg's Derek Moore

jason bourne
Waterboy

Re: Wheelersburg's Derek Moore

Post by jason bourne »

Wow, all I can say is wow. What a career that Derek has had, pretty mind boggling that the Ohio record has stood for that long and Derek pretty much blew it away. I also like yabba said cant believe he was second team , but it is what it is and I am sure that did nothing but fuel the fire for the tournament run. I am sure like baseball 16 said isn't really thinking about that now. He is probably thanking the poll voters for dissing him, and giving him that little extra to go out and prove. And he along with his teammates sure did. All I can say is wow what a team this was, someone always stepped up , made the big play,or got the big hit or made the big pitch. This along with some great individual performances was a total TEAM effort from 1- 18 .great job Pirates BACK 2 BACK STATE CHAMPIONS. GO BURG

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

That second team placement will not be what defines him. His college coaches won't care. All they know is they have a winner and one hell of a ball player. His legacy overshadows this injustice.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Where will he be playing college baseball? I.e. offers, commitment?

DreamTeam
Waterboy

Post by DreamTeam »

In my opinion, Derek has to go down as the greatest athlete in Wheelersburg history.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Tim Hardaway Jr. wrote:Where will he be playing college baseball? I.e. offers, commitment?

I am curious about this also? He is an outstanding pitcher.

DreamTeam
Waterboy

Post by DreamTeam »

I've been told Shawnee has offered him a full ride, but then also teams like OU, and D2, D3 schools are in the mix.

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

Has he made a decision yet on college? Longer he waits the Moore, haha, I think he ends up at SSU. Maybe he can help the Bears get back to the NAIA World Series in Lewiston, Idaho.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Signed with Shawnee State yesterday. Congrats to the greatest winner in OHSAA history.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

I'm surprised but that is a good signing for SSU. Hats off to their staff. Congrats to everybody involved.

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

Heck of a pitcher, but he is no Zach Farmer.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Bandwagoner wrote:Heck of a pitcher, but he is no Zach Farmer.
Should say , zack farmer is no Derek Moore ;-)

36-0 career record and two, let me repeat, two state championships. Farmer and Piketon won how many??

Again, zack is no Derek !!

ucdave
Riding the Bench

Post by ucdave »

they are both great pitchers and great kids. Why can't we just let it go at that ?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

ucdave wrote:they are both great pitchers and great kids. Why can't we just let it go at that ?
Because kids want to see the blow up from the Burg/Piketon People. This thread is about Derek Moore who is one heck of a baseball Pitcher and even better person. Zach has no dealings in this. Both are getting their education paid for by playing a game. Lets just be glad that SE Ohio got to see these two great pitchers over the past 4 years.

CoachB.
Freshman Team

Post by CoachB. »

Both are getting their education paid for by playing a game. Lets just be glad that SE Ohio got to see these two great pitchers over the past 4 years.
Great way of summing it up right there!

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

Regulator wrote:

36-0 career record and two, let me repeat, two state championships. Farmer and Piketon won how many??

I never said Derek didn't play on a better team, Wheelersburg is the better program most certainly. But was Moore a 3 time All-American? How many years was he even All-Ohio, let alone considered one of the most dominant players in the country. I never said he wasn't a special player, but to say Zach Farmer is no Derek Moore, is perplexing.. How many MLB teams offered him contracts after high school? What BIG 10 school is he playing at again? Please remind me.

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

Regulator wrote:

I never said Derek didn't play on a better team, Wheelersburg is the better program most certainly. But was Moore a 3 time All-American? How many years was he even All-Ohio, let alone considered one of the most dominant players in the country. I never said he wasn't a special player, but to say Zach Farmer is no Derek Moore, is perplexing.. How many MLB teams offered him contracts after high school? What BIG 10 school is he playing at again? Please remind me.

oldschoolwebgem
Waterboy

Post by oldschoolwebgem »

You are talking about two great high school pitchers, no doubt Derek had more support but both played on good teams. Hard to argue with Derek's career record of 36-0 and Zach's career strikeout total. Both are getting their education paid for and both have 4 more years to improve. Zach has an advantage of throwing from the left side and has more velo at this point. Support them both and Southern ohio baseball.

Return to “Baseball”