Coaching openings

deerhunter
Waterboy

Re: Coaching openings

Post by deerhunter »

Warren position filled by KEVIN WELSH.
Lemley wanted the position late in the process but the super does not want administration to coach.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

PurpleBlood1 wrote:Since the baseball coach will be assisting basketball I would be surprised that they start until March. Have they found an assistant for him yet?
Weightlifting and conditioning have been going on for two weeks. I believe Dwight Nida and Andy Hall are slated to be assistants and have been working with the non basketball players.

As far as Coach Justin Davis goes, he is the head baseball coach...and Freshman basketball coach. The freshmen and JV had their last practice today (no more regular season games...Minford and Gallia Academy will not be made up). Once baseball season is officially in season (Feb 24) I'm sure Coach Justin will want to shift his primary focus on his highest paying coaching job. It would take an impressive effort by the Peake hoopsters to extend Panther basketball into March.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

Only one baseball player on the varsity I think. I was glad to hear Dwight and Andy are going to be the assistants. Varsity basketball will win the next two games and make it to the Convo. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens this year. If this team comes together they could really be something this year. I still think that the parents need to keep their noses out of the coaches business.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

PurpleBlood1 wrote:Only one baseball player on the varsity I think. I was glad to hear Dwight and Andy are going to be the assistants. Varsity basketball will win the next two games and make it to the Convo. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens this year. If this team comes together they could really be something this year. I still think that the parents need to keep their noses out of the coaches business.
Lester and Webb would be the two basketball players that would miss baseball practice at the beginning.

Yes, if the players work hard and decide they want to be great, they can be. No reason they can't win the OVC and play in Chillicothe this year.

Go Peake!

Return to “Baseball”