TVC-Ohio

MORBaseball
Waterboy

Re: TVC-Ohio

Post by MORBaseball »

Isn't Athens' 3/22 date with Fisher just a scrimmage? Games cannot be played before 3/26, only scrimmages. Also, I believe they are hosting Lancaster on 3/26 in a single game to open the season for both.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Correct, the 3/22 date with Fisher Catholic is a scrimmage. And yes, opener on 3/26 vs Lancaster at AHS' Rannow Field.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

MORBaseball wrote:Isn't Athens' 3/22 date with Fisher just a scrimmage? Games cannot be played before 3/26, only scrimmages. Also, I believe they are hosting Lancaster on 3/26 in a single game to open the season for both.
I took it from ohsaa. I thought it was odd no OCC games. Thanks

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Excited for the scrimmage coming up soon and the late game w/ Athens; good measuring stick on both ends of the season.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Personally, I'm going to give Meigs a slight edge over Athens and Alex because of pitching depth. Everyone has a No. 1 starter, but in the TVC-Ohio you need at least two. You will come across weeks with a tough league game on Monday, then another on Thursday. Then throw in rainouts and make-ups. It's those No. 2 and No. 3 pitchers that win you league titles.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

93Bulldog wrote:Personally, I'm going to give Meigs a slight edge over Athens and Alex because of pitching depth. Everyone has a No. 1 starter, but in the TVC-Ohio you need at least two. You will come across weeks with a tough league game on Monday, then another on Thursday. Then throw in rainouts and make-ups. It's those No. 2 and No. 3 pitchers that win you league titles.
Agree plus Meigs picks up sheets from the state champion Wahama team last year to add depth to a team that returns all key players from a regional contender last year.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Sheets will give Meigs an added dimension to already a pretty good ball club...be interested to see if they put together another end of year run.

panthers77
Riding the Bench

Post by panthers77 »

Meigs is going be loaded they will have several decent pitchers and a heck of a line up hopefully they will make another run baseball is just a tough sport to repeat a lot of it is how the ball bounces that day.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

sounds like meigs is the team to beat. will their hitting be able to keep up with their pitching? last year it seemed like they relied mostly on pitching to get them through tournament play.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Rufus wrote:sounds like meigs is the team to beat. will their hitting be able to keep up with their pitching? last year it seemed like they relied mostly on pitching to get them through tournament play.
Has there ever been a team that didn't rely on pitching during tournament play. That's normal just like in the major league.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

True. Should be fun to watch. How's the rest of the league look

Return to “Baseball”