Does you school charge to get into baseball games?

jungleman
Riding the Bench

Re: Does you school charge to get into baseball games?

Post by jungleman »

I think there should be a limit on gate fees.I could be wrong but i believe minford charges 5 dollars a head.I mean the lady practically comes and checks cars so no one sneaks in. Give me a break,with gas the price it is ,just about cant afford to go watch your son play especially if there is 3 or 4 away games the same week.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

not to get off target here but how many of the schools that charge admission are also pay to play?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

crazymidgets wrote:not to get off target here but how many of the schools that charge admission are also pay to play?

Very good question

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon started this season, $3 adults, $1 seniors 60 +, and 12 and under free. Revenues are going down around here, people just arent going to games. Costs are going up, while we dont make money on baseball/softball, charging $3 does offset the cost of umpires.

Piketon is not pay to participate. You would have thought we were robbing people at gunpoint charging for baseball/softball. When you go to the boosters booth do you expect free food? lol

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

I knew piketon wasnt, but someone mentioned the shl schools and that most of them did. I knew Peebles was p-t-p and if they charged admission to boot didnt seem right to me.
personally i dont have a problem paying 3 bucks to get in and I know you hear about charging to get in and that it seems trivial over 3 or 6 bucks but we dont know their situation, it might be the last 10 bucks they have till payday, lots of people are living paycheck to paycheck so lets not scoff at that, to some people it might be the difference of going to watch their kids play 3 maybe 4 times a week. I know you have seen a drop in attendance in other sports this yr so 3-5 bucks must be an issue to some people.
So with that being said if the costs of umpires could be offset then there would be no reason to charge admission? Then why dont we help these parents out and have a fundraiser and stop charging all together, I would help with this or maybe the boosters would like to take charge of a project for this.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I have tried fundraising for just the athletic department, coaches wouldnt help hardly at all since it wasnt going directly, but indirectly to their sport. Hard for the athletic department to fundraise without the support of coaches and players, theres your leg work. As for hard times, yes I understand that, but it wasnt Piketon fans complaining! lol

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

I understand its hard, and thats kind of what Im talking about, theres a lot of worse off people out there than we are and we see during games in football and or basketball what teams travel the best, now does that come to lack of interest or lack of funds? So if more people come knowing they dont have to pay an admission fee will they spend enough on concessions to offset that. hence its a salel come on in its free! but were gonna make money off concessions to offset that by just getting them there. So what are concession sells doing compared to last yr when there wasnt a gate?

helter smelter
Waterboy

Post by helter smelter »

Unless running tipboards count?

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Athens High School does not charge for baseball and softball, but I think we charge for track.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

$4 to get in at Wheelersburg for Adults and it's worth every penny year in and year out to see one of Ohios best coaches work his magic. He puts a winning product on the diamond every season.

Return to “Baseball”