South Gallia Baseball

Futurebkstar
All State

South Gallia Baseball

Post by Futurebkstar »

South Gallia looks to improve this season with new faces and a new young enthusiastic coach. He will be great for the rebels program. He has a rich baseball background playing for Coach Snyder of Fairland and Coach Warnimont of the University of Rio Grande. If not mistaken he was a pitcher. This is a vital part in establishing sucess at the High School level. The Rebels loo to have a good season with all the starters returning.
GOOD LUCK REBELS!!!

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

I agree.. they have some guys that have a lot of experience under their belts and with a new coach they shouldnt be taken lightly... Too Bad Coach Brace isnt helpin out ;-) lol...

smartguy06
Freshman Team

Post by smartguy06 »

I agree with Future, the coach is very enthusiastic. I think he will do good things for the program. However, it will be up to the players to listen and do the things that it takes to win.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Remember, you know coach Brace loves basketball. (A sport you needed to play) He also has youngins that he wants to be involved with in the youth programs.

P.S. Remember, say hello to Ronnie for me.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

futurebkstar wrote:Remember, you know coach Brace loves basketball. (A sport you needed to play) He also has youngins that he wants to be involved with in the youth programs.

P.S. Remember, say hello to Ronnie for me.

LOL well its a little to late for me to do that now... lol but i completly understand his situation... ;-)

Ill let Ronnie know you said Hello... I'm probably headin out sometime soon to eat some of his wifes famous soup anyways lol

screamineagle02
Waterboy

Post by screamineagle02 »

I believe South Gallia is coming up to Eastern for a double header. Been hearing a lot of good stuff about the new coach up here in Eagle Country. Heard he got a fence and grass on the field.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Yes, he is getting a fence and grass infield. The old coach was going to do this but was told that he wasn't allowed until they knew where the new school was going to be built. The site of the field was one of the proposed sites. I am glad the school isnt going there because its a pretty place for a field. Coach Sullivan is doing great things at SG.

Sports_Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Sports_Man »

Will right field still be so short?

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

I don't think you change anything about the RF situation..As I remember that's a pretty steep hill back there!..But Lefties & righties who can go backside will have a hayday!..

screamineagle02
Waterboy

Post by screamineagle02 »

Whether right field is shorter or not it should still be at around 270'-290'. It has been many many years(late 80s early 90s) since I was there but it was not that short. As future said, "The coach is doing good things at South Gallia." I don't ever remember Hannan Trace having a fence. I guess if you hit the church or that house in center field it was a home run. Keep up the good work at SG.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I think the distance to right field will be in the 280 to 290 range. I know one person once measured it at 296 but that was to the grass line at the edge of the hill. The fence will make the field safer for the outfields. Saw a center fielder from Point Pleasant go over the hill at full speed. Was scared that the young man would hit a tree as he went over the hill.

Futurer is correct in that improvements to the field were put off untill it was seen what was going to happen with the new school and if the field would be moved. Now hope that when it clouds up a game will still be able to be played and will not take three days to dry out! 8)

Futurebkstar
All State

Re: South Gallia Baseball

Post by Futurebkstar »

I just hope the little league association understands how important it is to improve the field. This will help our facilities and improve our chances getting into a league. Coach Brace wished he could've done more with the situation and plans to attend alot of games. I know he cares so much for ALL kids in the area.

Good Luck to Coach Sullivan and the Rebels

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

280-290 down right... i could believe it... ive hit one in the trees the past two seasons up there... lol :12223

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

Wow, I was just going to mention that, mtswngrvsg. That was back in the 2005 baseball season, the only time i've ever been to SG to watch a baseball game. Definitely something i'll never forget.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

its good to hear about all the improvements...

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

The best improvement South Gallia has made is having a new coach!!!!!

SW HIGHLANDER GRAD
Waterboy

Post by SW HIGHLANDER GRAD »

From what i've heard the new coach is making a lot of improvements to the field and knows baseball so the REBELS should be ok.Look for them to be a lot better this year, can't wait to see what the new field looks like and hope he put in a good pitchers mound. The one they've had in the past was not very good but some of the other schools around pitchers mounds aren't very good .

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Code: Select all

From what i've heard the new coach is making a lot of improvements to the field and knows baseball so the REBELS should be ok.Look for them to be a lot better this year

Brace knew baseball. Winning 5-8 ball games a year under Brace doesnt seem like much. Trust me it was a difficult task with the schedule like it was. 2008 Rebels will have a tough time getting back to that Plateau but they eventually will under Sullivan. He definitely knows baseball.

This years schedule fits South Gallia alot better dropping some OVC teams. So I hope they compete like they have in years past.

Boo-Duh
JV Team

Post by Boo-Duh »

One thing was for sure, no matter how much the facilities were lacking, the Coaches and Administration always treat you with class!!! Coach Brace will be missed because I truly believe he had the kids best interest at heart. A class individual!! Coach Sullivan will be fine! Good luck to the Rebels and hope to see ya down the road!!

forrestgump
Waterboy

Post by forrestgump »

I've heard they are pretty short on players, and heard the rotation is a little thin :?:
No matter what, Sullivan is looking to turn this team around and post 10+ wins. It would be very nice for this program :122245
Goo Rebels!!

Return to “Baseball”