TOP SOPHOMORES

bird78
Varsity

TOP SOPHOMORES

Post by bird78 »

Gotta go with the ''New Sheriff'' in the M.S.L.---Donson ''Dangerous Delivery''Dearth as he starts his second season with the Irish of Fisher Catholic. Donson --just missed getting all league as a frosh and will be a force to be recond with this year.He's grown to 6 ft' 1 and half inches and 185 lbs, and still pitching with his tutor and former major leaguer ''Alan Anderson'' who has sort of taking him under his wing. Alan used to pitch for Lancaster Gales and went on to pitch for the Minnesota Twins :-D Good Luck this year ''Donson'' ---What are some other Super Soph's--out there and what team do they play for :?: :-D :shock: :!:

bird78
Varsity

Re: TOP SOPHOMORES

Post by bird78 »

I forgot one sopomore that will help the Chiefs this year :shock: Pat Angle will have a good season as some other sophs --if they chose to play--and with Ron Janey coming back :-D hope they do---Good Luck Chiefs 8) The TALENT is there :-D :shock: :!:

threesportathlete09
Riding the Bench

Post by threesportathlete09 »

Grillo from Vinton County. He recieved all league and all district honors last year as a freshman, and hopefully will have a great year on the mound and playing shortstop for the vikings again this year. A soph from VC that will probably surprise people this year is Corey Cosgray. Last year was academically inelligible but had a great day yesterday in their scrimmage against marietta.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Sounds good 3 sport :-D Good Luck to the ''Vikings'' :-D :shock: :!:

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

Xavier Cook from Newark Catholic should be one of the best back up catchers in the state.

Bryant4219
Waterboy

Post by Bryant4219 »

Aaron Oesch from Minford should really help out their pitching rotation, and will probably see some time at shortstop, 2nd , and possibly 3rd. Not to mention this kid can CRUSH the ball!!!!! He'll be one to watch for!! :-D :-D :-D :-D

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

nerfan--seen Xavier play with Donson --last year and he'll definitely going to make some noise--best young catcher I've seen in quite some time--fundamentally sound and blocks the plate--and calls a good game also--Wish him well for me---bird78 :-D :shock: :!:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Andrew Elliot from Wheelersburg is a dandy ballplayer for a soph. His pitching has really improved in the last year or so and he was already a dominant pitcher anyway. I beleive he will step right into the rotation for the Pirates this year and really help them.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I was very impressed with Elliot in fall ball and look for him to have a big season. Great kid as well.
BG- Burg has another fine sophomore(I can't believe I am forgetting his name) that also impressed me. Although, since they only lost 1 starter last year, it'll be tough for him to get PT, but could be a very good player in the next couple seasons as well.

There should be some solid sophomores in the SVC this season, hopefully I'll see a few in the next couple of weeks and be able to give updates.

Foolsgold
Riding the Bench

Post by Foolsgold »

Andrew Elliot would in my book be the top sophomore in the area. I would venture to say, baring any misfortune, he will be one of the top D1 prospects from the area in a couple of years. He is immensely talented, hard working, and an overall good kid.

chiefsbaseball1
Waterboy

Post by chiefsbaseball1 »

i think Pat Angle is going to be one of the top sophomores in the SEOAL!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

danicalifornia, the other soph you are refering to would be Nick Kemper and I can't believe I forgot to mention him too. He is a very solid ballplayer and should really help out the team this year as well.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Oesch from Minford is a tough ball player.

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

Meigs - Ryan Jeffers, Caleb Davis, Jacob wells
Eastern - Titus Pierce, Jake Lench, Nick Brannon
Southern - Jordan Taylor , Mike Manual

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

bird78 wrote:nerfan--seen Xavier play with Donson --last year and he'll definitely going to make some noise--best young catcher I've seen in quite some time--fundamentally sound and blocks the plate--and calls a good game also--Wish him well for me---bird78 :-D :shock: :!:

bird the only problem Xavier will have this year is the senior he is playing behind was 1st team all ohio last year. LOL

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

nerkfan--know what your saying been there with nephew but like old days wait your turn and learn and reap the benefits will come ---and with Xavier --his time will come and good luck to him----fine catcher ---and maybe this year find a dh spot--lol--- :shock: :-D :!:

dish it
Riding the Bench

Post by dish it »

sports nut wrote:Meigs - Ryan Jeffers, Caleb Davis, Jacob wells
Eastern - Titus Pierce, Jake Lench, Nick Brannon
Southern - Jordan Taylor , Mike Manual

tyler thompson is one of the best if not the best sophomore in the tvc

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Donson Dearth--got his first win of the new year--to even his record at 1-1 on the young season--in a 5-2 win over West Jefferson :-D Donson got 10 K's and pitched a complete game in his 7 innings of work--striking out the side in the seventh to finish in style :shock: When --West Jeff threatened in the fifth with runners at the corners--Donson stepped off mound and threw to shortstop :shock: who threw to catcher for final out of inning 8) Donson also got a double and a single and drove home 2 runs--Way to go Donson :lol: The Irish of Fisher Catholic GO TO 2-0 in the M.S.L. --- :shock: :-D :!:

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

i think oesch from minford has found a new home on the field catching, he could play ss,3 rd, pitch. but the falcons needed a catcher, an this young man step up for the team. i think he 8 for 8 throwing runners out since taking over catching . not to mention he is starting qb on football team 8)

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

bushmaster24 wrote:i think oesch from minford has found a new home on the field catching, he could play ss,3 rd, pitch. but the falcons needed a catcher, an this young man step up for the team. i think he 8 for 8 throwing runners out since taking over catching . not to mention he is starting qb on football team 8)

I agree 100%. Oesch has really stepped up and turned into one of the better catchers from around these parts.

Return to “Baseball”