Zane Trace at Minford (Opener)

TrojanXplosion
S

Re: Zane Trace at Minford (Opener)

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Minford played a heck of a game. I thought that they were going to make the comeback at the end. But, they just dug to deep of a hole. I thought that Farmer really calmed down and did a great job of holding Zane Trace to 6 runs after a tough start. Although, there were some errors and some pass balls that hurt the team in the end. Minford needs to have a short memory and not worry about this game. The season is still VERY young. Good game by Zane Trace and good luck the rest of the way. Lets get ready for the next game Falcons !!!

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

What a game to start the season off with. Minford came out slow but turned it up. Great game by both teams. Falcons keep your heads up and take it to Hunt. Ross. Good luck Pioneers! Hope to see you come tourney time. Go Falcons!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Two great pitching performances tonight in Minford. Farmer settled in after ZT scored five runs on six hits in the first inning and showed why he is one of the best pitchers in southern Ohio. Josh Roberts threw a gutty complete game for the Pioneers. Great game for an opener that only makes each team better down the road.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Good to see Ron Allen back on the field. Farmer pitched a good enough game to win, even with what was given up in the first inning. The Minford O just needs to get started sooner. Still early and with Minford only having 2 scrimmages, tonight showed they will be tough this year because they never quit and scrapped to make things happen and score runs. Looking forward to a great season in Falcon Land. Huntington tomorrow....hopefully....if the rain holds off.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think Minford looked tentative the first 4 innings. They really were shocked that ZT scored 5 runs in the 1st on them, several runs coming from errors and easy hit balls that will be routine plays later in the year.

It is hard to guage a team on their opening game, but both teams should have a solid record this year.

Minford looked to have several 1st year starters out there last night and it will only be a matter of time before they all settle down, get comfortable with their role and have some fun and win a bunch of games.

Farmer started throwing more off speed stuff in the 4th-7th innings and ZT had a hard time getting good contact on his pitches. Good performance from Farmer last night, I liked the way he adjusted his pitch choice later in the game.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Bleeding Red wrote:Minford looked to have several 1st year starters out there last night and it will only be a matter of time before they all settle down, get comfortable with their role and have some fun and win a bunch of games.

They only lost 2 seniors last year, so this is a veteran team, with most of them being starters last year, so that wasn't the case. I would chalk it up to first game jitters, keeping in mind they only had 2 scrimmages. This team has a lot of depth with several subs that can come in at a moments notice to play and not have a drop in performance. A lot of potential here.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Yeah that actually is the case....they may have lost 2 seniors, but they have more than 2 new starters. So that leaves a few kids that didnt come out to play this year I assume?

Michael Martin, Cody Brown, Robby Matheny and another kid that I appologize because I dont know his name didnt start last year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I agree a ton of potential......but they need to get the sticks out. They didnt hit the ball very well at all against Zane Trace, but it looks like they hit way better last night against Huntington Ross even though I didnt get to watch that one.

Bryant4219
Waterboy

Post by Bryant4219 »

correction, but robbie Matheny did start last year!! :-D :idea:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I stand corrected.

Return to “Baseball”