TVC Scores and Standings

bigsportsfan
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC Scores and Standings

Post by bigsportsfan »

i agree with you orestes trimble played at eastern and the umpire behind that plate was right down horrible yeah trimble got beat but our boys played hard but that umpire should not even be aloud to ump games

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Belpre 9
Alexander 3

The Eagles are 2-1 in TVC Ohio action.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Southern defeated Miller 17-0 tonight...

Ryan Chapman pitched his first ever perfect game and Wes Riffle had a Grandslam and 6 RBIs

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Federal Hocking 23
Waterford 3 (5 inning)

Lots of playing time for everyone.

whatever
Waterboy

Post by whatever »

bigsportsfan I do not think you had the same umpire that he was talking about. Who was the umpires at Eastern last night? Give some input on the game.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Last edited by Fonzie on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Let the self-adulation continue! ;-) :aaaaa26

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

SD,
I knew you would voice your opinion on this one. LOL

Congrats to Chapman and Riffle. You can't argue with a perfect game or a grand slam. However, stolen bases in high school are open for debate. Some high school scorers are generous. If all 6 were indeed stolen bases then congrats to Marnhout also. He is very quick.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

GW - I've been quiet for awhile, and I didn't want to disappoint all of my supporters out there in SEOPREPS land LOL!

Just gotta keep things a little true here, and not let them get over the top ;-)

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

South Gallia defeated Vinton County last night at VA statdium......WOW, this is awesome!!!!Great job to the New Coach and The Runnin Rebels

sportfolio
JV Team

Post by sportfolio »

(Non-League from Saturday at Wellston)
Athens 7, Wellston 5 (8 inn.)
Adena 15, Athens 0 (5 inn.)
Wellston vs. Adena, cancelled

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Belpre improve to 4-2 on the season as they defeated Wahama in a double header by scores of 5-3 and 12-6. Mike Waderker blasted a HR and picked up the win on the mound in the nightcap.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Good job Eagles.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Steely Dan wrote:GW - I've been quiet for awhile, and I didn't want to disappoint all of my supporters out there in SEOPREPS land LOL!

Just gotta keep things a little true here, and not let them get over the top ;-)

LOL :lol:

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

G W McLintock wrote:SD,

Congrats to Chapman and Riffle. You can't argue with a perfect game or a grand slam. However, stolen bases in high school are open for debate. Some high school scorers are generous. If all 6 were indeed stolen bases then congrats to Marnhout also. He is very quick.

All six stolen bases were real stolen bases. Passed balls don't add to the bases stolen catagory.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Maximus wrote:

All six stolen bases were real stolen bases. Passed balls don't add to the bases stolen catagory.

True Maximus....

Sometimes i wonder if some teams add passed balls as a stolen base for a runner... just a thought...

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Remember_The_Name wrote:
Maximus wrote:

True Maximus....

Sometimes i wonder if some teams add passed balls as a stolen base for a runner... just a thought...

I'm sure that some do.

This isn't stolen bases, but there have been years where FH dominated the league as an offensive-minded team. Still, FH would have either 1 guy or 0 guys over .500 while other teams at the league meetings would have multiple players hitting over .500. Funny how somehow FH killed these teams with offensive explosions, and yet, these average teams were full of better hitters. :shock:

Sports_Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Sports_Man »

I'm sure that some do.

This isn't stolen bases, but there have been years where FH dominated the league as an offensive-minded team. Still, FH would have either 1 guy or 0 guys over .500 while other teams at the league meetings would have multiple players hitting over .500. Funny how somehow FH killed these teams with offensive explosions, and yet, these average teams were full of better hitters. :shock:[/quote]

I have heard coaches talk about this alot. I remember a few years ago hearing about a kid who hit like .800 for the season and was 0-8 or 9 in a DH against us. He had reached on errors a couple of times which we scored as errors, they scored them as hits!
BTW Orestes, Southern usually keeps a tight book. They have never had a .500 hitter! Marnhout's steals were legit, he had over 20 his freshman year, over 30 his sophomore year, and last season he had 18, in only in 16 games.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Sports_Man wrote:I'm sure that some do.

This isn't stolen bases, but there have been years where FH dominated the league as an offensive-minded team. Still, FH would have either 1 guy or 0 guys over .500 while other teams at the league meetings would have multiple players hitting over .500. Funny how somehow FH killed these teams with offensive explosions, and yet, these average teams were full of better hitters. :shock:

I have heard coaches talk about this alot. I remember a few years ago hearing about a kid who hit like .800 for the season and was 0-8 or 9 in a DH against us. He had reached on errors a couple of times which we scored as errors, they scored them as hits!
BTW Orestes, Southern usually keeps a tight book. They have never had a .500 hitter! Marnhout's steals were legit, he had over 20 his freshman year, over 30 his sophomore year, and last season he had 18, in only in 16 games.[/quote]

Let me make it clear, I was not talking about Southern or Eastern. :-D I have heard nothing about their stats.

I think FH had a .500 hitter in 2002, 2005, 2006, and 2007 while under Rocky's watch. He has been coach since the Spring of 98.

student of THE ROCK
Waterboy

Post by student of THE ROCK »

yeah it's kind of suprising that fed hock hasn't had all kinds of .700-.800 hitters with that shady book keeper they have. :lol:

Return to “Baseball”