Division 4 southeast district records

Run & Gun
Riding the Bench

Re: Division 4 southeast district records

Post by Run & Gun »

i think oak hill is like 10-11 or something like that. Unbeaten against d4 schools

Sports_Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Sports_Man »

Divisional breakdown for the 15th ranked Southern Tornadoes
D1 0-1 D2 1-0 D3 3-2 D4 8-1
They should be the 1 seed eventhough they lost to Reedsville Eastern 3-2, they beat Trimble, Waterford, Miller, Beaver Eastern, South Gallia from that sectional.
Reedsville Eastern Should go 2 or 3 depending on if Symmes gets anymore wins before the draw.

vchoops
Freshman Team

Post by vchoops »

Obviously, there are some important games yet to play today and tomorrow, but here's how I'd seed them as of right now.

WEST

1. Paint Valley-They are going to enter the draw with the most wins and they without question play the toughest schedule of anyone in the sectional. They have lost twice to Adena, ZT, Huntington, and Westfall. All four of these D3 teams are very good. If they didn't have to play in the always tough SVC, they could possibly have between 17-20 wins.

2. Leesburg Fairfield-They have beaten Whiteoak Twice and toward the top of their league.

3. Notre Dame-Return a solid nucleus of players off a good team last year, and seem to be playing well of late.

4. Whiteoak-Have struggled some of late, but still solid.

5. Ironton St. Joe-On record alone, although I don't know how strong their schedule is

6. Green-Split with Clay, but I'm going to give the Cats the nod due to momentum going into the draw

7. Clay-Started the season hot, but have struggled of late, losing 8 of their last 10

8. Manchester

9. East

10. Western

WEST

1. Southern-Even though they lost to Eastern Meigs head to head, I think their overall body of work, which includes a recent beat down of a very good Meigs team earns them the top spot.

2. Symmes Valley-At 8-2 one could make the argument for them to be the one seed, but only having played 10 games might hurt them at the draw.

3. South Webster-Eastern, and South Webster have similar records. Eastern beat Southern, but South Webster has played the tougher schedule. This 3/4 spot was a coin flip for me, but I'm going with South Webster.

4. Eastern Meigs-see above explanation

5. Oak Hill

6. Eastern Pike

7. Trimble

8. South Gallia

9. Waterford

10. Miller

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

vchoops wrote:Obviously, there are some important games yet to play today and tomorrow, but here's how I'd seed them as of right now.

WEST

1. Paint Valley-They are going to enter the draw with the most wins and they without question play the toughest schedule of anyone in the sectional. They have lost twice to Adena, ZT, Huntington, and Westfall. All four of these D3 teams are very good. If they didn't have to play in the always tough SVC, they could possibly have between 17-20 wins.

2. Leesburg Fairfield-They have beaten Whiteoak Twice and toward the top of their league.

3. Notre Dame-Return a solid nucleus of players off a good team last year, and seem to be playing well of late.

4. Whiteoak-Have struggled some of late, but still solid.

5. Ironton St. Joe-On record alone, although I don't know how strong their schedule is

6. Green-Split with Clay, but I'm going to give the Cats the nod due to momentum going into the draw

7. Clay-Started the season hot, but have struggled of late, losing 8 of their last 10

8. Manchester

9. East

10. Western

WEST

1. Southern-Even though they lost to Eastern Meigs head to head, I think their overall body of work, which includes a recent beat down of a very good Meigs team earns them the top spot.

2. Symmes Valley-At 8-2 one could make the argument for them to be the one seed, but only having played 10 games might hurt them at the draw.

3. South Webster-Eastern, and South Webster have similar records. Eastern beat Southern, but South Webster has played the tougher schedule. This 3/4 spot was a coin flip for me, but I'm going with South Webster.

4. Eastern Meigs-see above explanation

5. Oak Hill

6. Eastern Pike

7. Trimble

8. South Gallia

9. Waterford

10. Miller

I agree with you to the most part with the exception of South Webster number 3. They are playing better, but they won't get a number 3. Eastern Meigs will. Tonights game vs. Oak Hill will determine number 4 and 5. basically who is home and who is away. Oak Hill beat Webster pretty bad the first time around, so that is already a strike against them.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Webster is a better team than there record shows lost 2 heartbreakers to Valley. That would have had them Over 500 in a very tough SOC II conference. So if u go on strengh of schedule Oak hill an Webster should go above Symmes Valley an Eastern Meigs JMO

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Webster has improved vastly over the season.

vchoops
Freshman Team

Post by vchoops »

Webster is a better team than there record shows lost 2 heartbreakers to Valley. That would have had them Over 500 in a very tough SOC II conference. So if u go on strengh of schedule Oak hill an Webster should go above Symmes Valley an Eastern Meigs JMO

I agree that strength of schedule is important and if records are similar I would give the nod to South Webster. However, I don't think strength of schedule should give a sub 500 team the nod over a team that is 8-2 like Symmes Valley.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I agree with that too. Just because a team plays a tough schedule doesn't mean they are going deserve a better seed. If a team plays 8 D 1 schools and loses all 8 does that mean they are better then a team that plays 8 D 3 schools or D 4 schools and are 8-0? No it doesn't, it means they should have done a better job of scheduling. :lol: Only thing you should go on is head to head, common opponents. I do think the SOC 1 is one of the weakest leagues in southeast ohio. I will say it again, as I have said it time and time again, Div. 4 in Southeast ohio is not very good!!

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

I would agree, but with most of the team playing almost double the games that they have is kind of a double standard if u go that route. But we'll see come Sunday. Thats what fun about these forums voice ur oppinion an smile an go on!!

Daisy
Waterboy

Post by Daisy »

I saw on another topic that Notre Dame won in 10 innings last night. This could make the two-seed voting really interesting between Notre Dame and Leesburg. I think Paint Valley is the one, Notre Dame two, and Leesburg three. After that seeds 3-8 are a complete guess.

In the East Sectional, I haven't seen many scores from last night or today, so I would say the original predictions would stay the same.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Did any of these teams get games in today?

Notre Dame/Northwest
Manchester/East
Piketon/P. Clay

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Post by bulkmove »

Green at S.W. today. I guess the Jeep players, coaches and some parents helped in getting the field ready. I watched the first game and S.W. won 5-4. Kyle Ramey picked up the win and I think it was the Ratcliffe kid going to Shawnee that took the loss. The second game I watched the first 2 innings and the defense for S.W. was gone. I guess some of the younger kids were put in to get "experience". Anyway, Webster falls to Green 8-7. Lewis gets the win and Patterson the loss. Both teams hit well in the first game, especially Webster. More were needed when runners were in scoring positon but they hit the ball hard for most of the game. Not sure about the second game stats other that S.W. battle back and had a runner on base in the 7 to tie but couldn't get it done. I know webster is 9-9 overall and 5-6 in the tough SOC II. Green I believe is now 7-6.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

WOW! The politics must have been very deep at the drawing on the EAST side of the bracket!! From what I gather nobody want to face S.W or Oak Hill in the 1st round so they made sure that one will be one an done, thats just wrong with Eastern Meigs getting the 1 an a JOKE!!!

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

Well I don't know if I'd cry about the Eastern Eagles getting the 1 seed for the simple fact that the COACHES on the east side voted for them to get the 1 seed.

Southern did lose to Eastern.

Symmes Valley just plain & simple didn't play enough games to get it. IMO. Only 10 games in 5 weeks is pretty weak. Not to mention how many times your ace can start on the hill in that limited amount of games compared to the amount of games the ace for the teams above Symmes in the seeding have thrown.

But hey I can't wait to see this East side of the bracket & how it turns out.

As for the SE district getting their butts kicked in regionals, kinda see that as a dramatization as 5/6 or is it 6/7 State Champions have come out of this region?! Newark Catholic, Fisher Catholic, Berlin Hiland, & Toronto have all been powers & always meet up these teams come Regional time & Green, Eastern, Southern & Trimble have all held their ground against them if you ask me.

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

As for the SE district getting their butts kicked in regionals, kinda see that as a dramatization as 5/6 or is it 6/7 State Champions have come out of this region?! Newark Catholic, Fisher Catholic, Berlin Hiland, & Toronto have all been powers & always meet up these teams come Regional time & Green, Eastern, Southern & Trimble have all held their ground against them if you ask me.

I have to agree w/you on this Redeagle. I think I'd rather play in another regional; this one has been tough since the 2000's started!

But I do think Southern should have gotten the 1 seed due to there record but it's tough to give them that when they lost to Eastern.

All & all I think the coaches on the East side did the right thing by giving Eastern the 1 & Southern the 2.

If Symmes Valley had 15-17 games in proving they can win w/o the Hatfield boy pitching they get the 1 seed hands down! But an 11-2 Symmes Valley team is not going to be fun to run into down the line in the tounament!

Good Luck to Everyone!

morrissette#18
Riding the Bench

Post by morrissette#18 »

South Webster is now 9-10 after a loss to Minford last night. We've got burg tonight and I'm pitching. It will be tough but we're looking to hurt the undefeated team.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Southern is now 13-5

they beat Reedsville Eastern last night 7-1....

vchoops
Freshman Team

Post by vchoops »

morrisette18,

What is your guys schedule for the rest of this week?

Return to “Baseball”