Fairland rolls 12-2 over Gallipolis

jottings
SEOPS H

Fairland rolls 12-2 over Gallipolis

Post by jottings »

Fairland took advantage of wildness by three Gallipolis hurlers in the bottom of the fifth inning at Proctorville Friday evening to post a 12-2 triumph over the visiting Blue Devils in a five-inning non-league contest.

The Dragons improved to 8-1 on the season. Gallipolis dropped to 5-5.

GAHS Coach Rich Corvin rested some of his veteran players Friday in order to give several of his younger Blue Devils some game experience.

Gallia Academy has a busy week coming up.

The Blue Devils next game will be at home against Portsmouth Monday evening. Tuesday, GAHS will host Warren Local in a non-league outing. Wednesday, the Blue Devils travel to Ironton for an SEOAL contest with the Tigers. Thursday, Ironton comes to Gallipolis for a makeup game and Friday, GAHS will host Chillicothe in a South Division battle.

For four innings Friday, it was a close battle at Fairland. The Dragons got a run in the first and two in the second to take a 3-0 lead. Gallipolis plated two runs in the top of the third and Fairland came back with a run in its half of the inning to make it 4-2.

In the top of the fourth inning, GAHS threatened to score with runners on second and third, but failed to do so.

In the bottom of the fifth inning, GAHS pitchers lost control and walked a slew of Dragon hitters resulting in eight runs with nobody out, thus a mercy victory for the Dragons.

Nate Burcham went the distance for FHS. Kruize Wandling started for Gallipolis. Austin Roush replaced him in the fifth with no outs. Roush was replaced by John Troester in the fifth with no outs. Wandling was charged with the loss.

The non-league doubleheader with Chesapeake that was slated April 5 at Gallipolis has been cancelled because the Panthers do not have any open dates left on their Saturday schedule.

91blue14
SE

Re: Fairland rolls 12-2 over Gallipolis

Post by 91blue14 »

wow what a grueling week to get ready for does gahs have enough arms :?:

FormerDragon902444
Waterboy

Post by FormerDragon902444 »

I've have seen the Dragons play a few games, and I would have to say I've really not found a weakness that they have. I do not go to all the away games, but the few I have they have played awesome.

gambitplaya
Waterboy

Post by gambitplaya »

I agree FormerDragon they are really tough!

Return to “Baseball”