Wheelersburg vs South Webster

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Wheelersburg vs South Webster

Post by burggrad82 »

Could we see another 30+ run proformance buy the Pirates?

bengalfan76
SE

Re: Wheelersburg vs South Webster

Post by bengalfan76 »

Lets keep the score in the single digits.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

You can't ask kids to not swing the bat, therefore single digits may not be possible. We can only do what we do. Hit it off the wall, get a single and take away RBI's from kids. It's frustrating but has to be done.

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Post by Michael Scott »

I am surprised Wheelersburg is crushing people this bad, I know they are an excellent team but what is up with the league this year. They are the class of the league but are the other teams pitching scrubs against them because they know they won't win? I don't think Wheelersburg is trying to run up the score but these games are terrible to watch.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I hope it is not another 30 run game. Michael, just as catch 24 says, we hit it and stop at first base, hit again and stop at second. I hate it for the teams we are playing as well because many of the kids and parents know each other. I can promise you that at no time has Coach Estep, Conn, Marks or Madden tried to run up the score on anyone. Hopefully, Ryan, Justin and Michael will be ready to roll for the Jeeps on Monday. Good luck to the Pirates! Focus on one game and that one game is Monday.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Well 1 things for sure Ill get to see some of the guys from the post team tomorrow!!!! An I hope that they dont get us yelled at by the Umpires like they have in the past, hahahahaha!!! U know who U are! See you all tomorrow night!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Michael Scott wrote:I am surprised Wheelersburg is crushing people this bad, I know they are an excellent team but what is up with the league this year. They are the class of the league but are the other teams pitching scrubs against them because they know they won't win? I don't think Wheelersburg is trying to run up the score but these games are terrible to watch.

I would not expect the lopsided wins to continue. Anytime you score 30 runs, it is because the sun, the moon, and the planets have aligned. Then to do it twice within a matter of days is something that simply will not continue to happen. I expect much closer games the second time Wheelersburg plays these teams. Don't get me wrong, they have a top notch baseball team, but this won't continue. Nor do I think they (Wheelersburg) want it to because come tournament time, you need the experience of close games in the regular season to prepare you for tournament play.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:
Michael Scott wrote:I am surprised Wheelersburg is crushing people this bad, I know they are an excellent team but what is up with the league this year. They are the class of the league but are the other teams pitching scrubs against them because they know they won't win? I don't think Wheelersburg is trying to run up the score but these games are terrible to watch.

I would not expect the lopsided wins to continue. Anytime you score 30 runs, it is because the sun, the moon, and the planets have aligned. Then to do it twice within a matter of days is something that simply will not continue to happen. I expect much closer games the second time Wheelersburg plays these teams. Don't get me wrong, they have a top notch baseball team, but this won't continue. Nor do I think they (Wheelersburg) want it to because come tournament time, you need the experience of close games in the regular season to prepare you for tournament play.

I completely agree with everything you just said.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

There is one lurking variable that could throw that off though, and it is Wheelersburg could just be that good.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Not sure what to expect of this game. Wheelersburg is on a roll right now and yes they need closer games to get prepared for the tournament. Waverly game this week could be a tight game this week.

Due to the rainouts this weekend Burg's entire pitching staff is available. I would look for possibly Elliott and/or Boyer to be on the mound tonight against Webster. Russell or Wamsley for Tuesday against Waverly, then Cook/Russell/Wamsley against Portsmouth on Thursday.

Look for the offense to stay hot against the Jeeps and put up good numbers tonight as well.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I'd say that Wheelersburg will cool off tonight and score 25 runs.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

All i have to say is it could get real ugly!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Anyone heard any results on this one tonight?

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

Burg wins 13-0 in 5 innings.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Thanks.

Congrats to the Pirates on another win.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Another good outing for the Pirates.

Andrew Elliott pitched 3 solid innings giving up 0 runs on maybe 3 hits followed by Dustin Cook the other 2.

Offense was solid as well. When I left the game at the start of the 4th with the score 13-0, Lyon had hit a 3R HR to LF, Elliott a 3R HR to CF and Hopper a 2R HR to RF. White was 3-3 with a couple RBIs and Wamsley had a double into the LCF gap as well.

Onto Waverly tonight for a rematch againt the Tigers.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

How many hits in a row does Wamsley have? I know he was 5-5 against Minford and then 4-4 against Oak Hill. How many hits did he have last night? I think 10 hits in a row will get him in the record book.

One thing for certain is that the Burg is hitting the ball very well right now. Let's just hope that it contiues tonight and the rest of the season.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

PDT had Wamsley at 1-4 against Webster.

Return to “Baseball”