Rannow Field

Gib25
Varsity

Rannow Field

Post by Gib25 »

We have added new sod on the field, new sod in front of the duggouts and behind home plate, a new 9 inning score board, a pop-up watering system, a new green mesh outfield fence screen, and new yellow cap on the top of the outfield fence. My parents group has certainly been a force, and Pepsi, Time Warner and Rider insurance have really come through for us. Kevin Cline has really brought the group together to make baseball a priority with the community

jottings
SEOPS H

Re: Rannow Field

Post by jottings »

Wish Gallipolis could get that kind of support for baseball. Understand the new facilities at Centenary (for spring sports) will have ouside jons instead of regular indoor facilities.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

It certainly is refreshing to see such great support and enthusiasm for Athens baseball. There is a ripple effect that occurs, as the team and their enthusiasm, passion for the game, and a "bulldog-like" drive for success has become quite evident. The community at large is very excited about Athens baseball. I commend the parents and look for this trend to continue for many years to come.

Even at the younger levels this passion for baseball is growing stronger and stronger through the Sandlot Baseball League and the All-Star travel teams from ages 8-under to 12-under that always represent Athens very well each summer.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I have always loved Rannow Field. It wasn't so much the surface as it was the location and the atmosphere around the field. I haven't seen the improvements, but I'm sure it will be great to see. I hope the FH/Athens DH doesn't get rained out, but I will at least check out some legion games.

Return to “Baseball”