Ohio High School Baseball Coaches Association Poll Results

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Ohio High School Baseball Coaches Association Poll Results

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

The first baseball poll is out and there are a few surprises. As expected, most of the recognition is going to the big city schools. Locally, Adena, Zane Trace, and Wheelersburg are ranked 2nd, 10th and 13th respectively. Really surprised at Burg being 13th. With their record thus far, they should be in the top 5. Also surprised to see Minford with their 13-2 record not mentioned. It's only the first poll and it is a coaches poll, so that has to be taken into consideration as well. Bottom line, polls don't win championships and titles and all they are really good for is for people to talk and complain about, though the recognition is good for the programs.

Here's the link to the poll
http://www.ohsbca.org/?DB_OEM_ID=18900

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Ohio High School Baseball Coaches Association Poll Results

Post by danicalifornia »

Wheelersburg got 5 #1 votes and I'm guessing all of those are from coaches in the SE District.

Zane Trace and Adena each made deeper tournament runs last year, which would explain why they would be ranked higher, IMO.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Everybody in the Southeast knows how good the Pirates are this year. Somebody down there needs to post the team record on the coaches association website, so all the coaches know throughout the state. I would bet it would not more than 30 seconds to do.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

dont put to much into this poll ,its more of who you know poll the se district never really gets any respect .in these polls. good luck to all SE teams 8)

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Schools in the SE usually do not get the respect like the schools up north. That is ok because it does not amount to a hill of beans where you start but where you end up. The Pirates will continue to focus on one game.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

These polls are mostly based on how much information coaches send out around the state talking their team up. Polls are fun and that's basically all its for. As Bama said, it matters where you end up. Wheelersburg will just do their talking on the field, one game at a time.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bushmaster- The SE has gotten a good bit of respect in this poll though. Unioto, Adena, Zane Trace, Minford and Washington CH have all either finished as poll champions or in the Top 3 in recent years. It just depends on how you get the information out there.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I know like others have said that these polls don't mean squat, but Wheelersburg mercy ruled Zane Trace 14-2 and then ZT gets ranked 3 spots ahead of the Pirates.

Somebody needs to get a clue! :aaaaa46

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Federal Hocking got a #1 vote to come in at 17th, and I know it didn't come from Fed Hock. Fort Frye is the only coach on the voting list that has played against FH. I won't say who FH voted #1, but all you would have to do is look at their schedule and results up to this point to get the answer.

Wheelersburg is a definite top 5 IMO, and it is actually scary if they are not the best.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Once again the polls show how big of a joke they are. If Burg is not a top 5 or for that matter a top ten team, then I'll kiss your butt on Third and Main. They have some quality wins on their resume this year. They mercy ruled Zane Trace and beat a very good 13-2 Minford squad, 31-1.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Once again the polls show how big of a joke they are. If Burg is not a top 5 or for that matter a top ten team, then I'll kiss your butt on Third and Main. They have some quality wins on their resume this year. They mercy ruled Zane Trace and beat a very good 13-2 Minford squad, 31-1.

Like I said when I started the thread, polls don't win championships and titles and all they are really good for is for people to talk and complain about. I think the others are right on with their comments as well. I would rather not be ranked and then go far in tournament play than vice versa.

Also, haven't we all realized the 31-1 score was just "one of those games"? As many have agreed, there is no team that is "really" 30 runs better than another team in this area, regardless of division. In regards to Zane Trace, I would expect a different game if and when Wheelersburg faces them again as I think ZT threw their number 3 or 4 pitcher.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

If somebody would put their record on the Coach's website, they would probably be number 1 or 2 in the state.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I like being under ranked. I'd rather be better than expected than not to live up to expectations.

Return to “Baseball”