Minford @ Northwest

TrojanXplosion
S

Minford @ Northwest

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Hopefully the Falcons can rebound after the loss to Valley. Who knows whats going on with the Falcons. From talking to several parents it sounds like the Falcons don't seem interested when they are out on the field anymore. Hopefully the teams attitudes can change because the Falcons are good enough to make some noise in the tournament. I wish them the best.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Minford @ Northwest

Post by Bleeding Red »

What is their record now, like 11-3?

That is still a super record, and I am sure that given the coaching staff (especially the head coach) they are not just showing up to get the games in not caring if they win or lose.

The loss to Valley takes them out of the SOC race even if they win out and beat Burg the next go around unless Burg gets tripped up by another SOC team and they split the SOC, but I am sure that Coach Martin will get the team focused and on track for tourney time.

Anyone that thinks he has thrown in the towel hasnt been around him very long.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I never said the the coach was throwing in the towel. I was just saying that the team moral is not very high right now. Which is a shame because these guys are good.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Nice 11-1 win by the Falcons this evening. Cook threw an excellent game and there were some nice contributions by the underclassmen. Minford is now 14-3 on the season, with still a lot of baseball to play.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to the Falcons on the win.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

i think coach sent a wake up call to some players. great job by the underclassmen they step and played very well. keep it rolling red. 8)

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

11-1 win is what they should be doing. 11-3 is a good record but to be successful in the tournament then you have to beat teams like Burg and Zane Trace.. You have to be an excellent ball club to beat other excellent teams... You can't salvage a loss to teams like Valley(no offense because I'm sure Shuler had his team ready to play) when you beat them 19-1 and then lose 7-4 then it has to send some hints that the team is unfocused or inconsistent. The talent is there and the towel is not thrown in(never does Coach Martin do that)... BUT you have to keep winning games you should win(unlike the 2nd valley game) and play well against tough teams(Burg, ZT). The Falcons could do some work in the tourney but they still have a way to go until they can reach the status of being able to play with good teams. good luck falcons, keep winning, stay focused, and get locked and loaded for the playoffs. I don't wanna hear anymore of this "the players aren't interested in the games anymore" nonsense!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

MinnyAckMack10 wrote:11-1 win is what they should be doing. 11-3 is a good record

I know it is only a technicality, but they are 14-3, which is an .824 winning percentage. I think a lot of teams would take that. This team is focused and they are ready to play. They are playing Coal Grove today at 5 PM (at home). It would be nice to see a good home crowd to welcome the boys back to Minford for the first home game in 10 days.

Return to “Baseball”