Marauder Miracle

MaraudingBobcat
Waterboy

Marauder Miracle

Post by MaraudingBobcat »

I saw it but I still don't believe it... The "never say die" Marauder baseball team pulled off the most exciting and amazing victory I have EVER seen to assist in their quest to repeat last years TVC Champion status. The Marauders definitely had angels in the outfield...or at least on their bats. The Mighty Marauders were losing 5-0 in the bottom of the 7th against a strong Wellston team. The kids never quit and the coaching staff didn't let them stop believing. With rally cries and chants coming from a strong Marauder fan base, momentum changed and the bats started coming to life. Then, one by one, Meigs sent players across and plate. Brian DeLong lived up to his captain status by hammering a triple to deep right field with runners on base tying the score at 5-5. Joey Unbankes safely hit away and ended up on third base courtesy of solid Meigs at-bats and overthrows by the Wellston defense. Bottom of the 7th...score tied...go-ahead run on 3rd...two outs, junior captain JT Evans steps up to the plate and with an 0-2 count, slams the ball down the third base line which scored Unbankes and MEIGS WON THE GAME!!

Thank you, Marauders, for the most memorable baseball game ever and for BELIEVING!! You guys deserved this win. Philippians 4:13
Last edited by MaraudingBobcat on Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marauderfan
Riding the Bench

Re: Marauder Miracle

Post by marauderfan »

I agree with you Bobcat, it was definitely a great night in Marauderland. Keep believing boys, and NEVER quit. Your fans are proud of you.

MaraudingBobcat
Waterboy

Post by MaraudingBobcat »

Hey Marauderfan...did you hear that tonight's game location has been changed...game is AT Nelsonville...

marauderfan
Riding the Bench

Post by marauderfan »

Yes I did. Looks like we will be heading north tonight. I would assume they will then come to Meigs on the 5th of May, instead of us going there twice.

Return to “Baseball”