Wheelersburg @ Wellston DH 4/26/2008

BULDOG
All Conference

Wheelersburg @ Wellston DH 4/26/2008

Post by BULDOG »

Wheelersburg is scheduled to travel to Wellston for a DH on Saturday. Game time to begin at 12 noon. JV is scheduled to be at Burg.

Does anyone know if Wellston's field is still an all dirt infield?

If we get much rain over night there is a possibility of moving this game to Burg. Everyone may want to check this post first thing in the morning for updates.

Regulator
All Conference

Re: Wheelersburg @ Wellston DH 4/26/2008

Post by Regulator »

Wellston has had a grass infield for quite some time. It has a lot of potential to be very nice, however the clay-sandy infield makes it not very nice. It will probably drain well, however don't be surprised if it does rain the coach cancels in a heartbeat. Wellston played a game two weeks ago on Saturday and cancel their next game with Adena because of cold. I think it may have been just as cold for the first game.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Hopefully, the rain will hold off an we can get this DH in tomorrow. After last weekends games being washed out I dont want another Sat. with no games. Go Pirates.

stillballin
Waterboy

Post by stillballin »

First of all Regulator get your facts straight. Adena cancelled the game. They only brought ten players and their lead off man got hurt during the first game.Wellston was actually taking batting practice when the Adena coach came over and said they would rather not start their game with Wellston. Wellstons game with Athens lasted 3 hours and put the scheduled games behind. Wellston is 9-3. Why would they want to cancel - they need games. They played the Burg last year at Paint Stadium. First game 12-11 Burg. Game over - Wellston wins if they get a correct call in the top of the sixth and catch a pop up in the to bottom of the seventh.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

stillballin, what about the second game of Wellston/Burg? People could use "if" in any game, bottom line is you lost.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Wheelersburg won both games in the JV doubleheader. They had four homeruns in the second game (Caleb Leach, Matt Montavon and Drew Parsley (2). In a rare happenstance, two of the homeruns were grand slams--in the same inning.

I heard the Varsity won their first game by about ten runs and was leading in the second game, 3-0 in the fourth inning. Anyone hear the final yet?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I just made a phone call and got the same info you got Doc. I heard the 1st game was a 16-5 win by the Pirates and that they were up 3-0 in the 4th on the 2nd game. Hopefully I'll get a call with the final when it's over.

Two Grand Salamis in the same inning!!!! WOW!!!!!!!
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

>>that they were 3-0 in the 4th on the 2nd game<<

That sounds familiar... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was the fourth inning about 3:30pm when the JV games ended. I hope the game is over by now!

And yes, Matt Montavon and Drew Parsley each got a Grand Slam in the fourth inning of the second JV game.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I just got a call and the Burg won the 2nd game 9-0 to get the two game sweep over Wellston and move them to 17-0 on the season.

Congrats to the Pirates on the win and to the JV for their sweep as well.

Great job boys!!!!!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Thanks for the update BG-77!

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

Long day today but the bats came alive again for the burg. Pitching was good Jordan,Aaron, Andrew all threw well. No long balls but lots of extra base hits . Jordan,Adam, Dustin all had triples. The cookout was great We thought we were going to run out of food, but we didn't Mike and Brian are the grillmasters and by looking at them you could tell they have had lots of pratice.....Big game Mon looks like Jordan on the mound against Valley hopefully the bats stay lively, this is not a game to take lightly.......

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The Pirates keep on rolling along and playing good baseball. Our first game with Valley was rained out so we are suppose to get our first look at them on Monday, if the rain holds off. Burg has a full week with Valley on Monday at home, @ NW on Wed., Ironton and Minford come to Pirate land on Thur. and Fri. Best of luck Pirates.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

A couple good wins over the weekend for the Pirates. Bats are starting to come around again as several nice hit balls on Saturday. Russell got some extra work pitching 2 innings in the 1st game followed by Hopper the remaining 5. Both threw the ball well.

Second game saw Elliott pitch a 1 hit shutout through 7 innings. Remained strong and was in command throughout the game.

Return to “Baseball”