Wheelersburg vs Valley round 1

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Wheelersburg vs Valley round 1

Post by burggrad82 »

Russell on the mound and the Burg coming of a good weekend Hitting I look for a W for the Burg. This game could be a dangerous one Coach Shuler always has his team ready to knock you off the hill.

alabama mike
SE

Re: Wheelersburg vs Valley round 1

Post by alabama mike »

Gotta keep Bucky off the base paths on Monday. Defense, pitching and hitting need to stay sharp.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I was looking at Wheelersburg's baseball schedule on the school website and noticed that the double header for May 3 is no longer listed. Did they cancel the DH for this coming Saturday?

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

drrabbit, I've not heard that. I hope we're still on.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

1st matchup between these 2. Valley looks to be improving as the beat a solid Minford club but then lost last week to Oak Hill.

I look for Burg to pull this one out as I believe they are just too much for Valley but Coach Schuler will have this team ready to challenge every pitch. Look for Russell on the hill for the Pirates. Also look for the Burg bats to continue moving back to early season form.

Not sure if we'll get this one in today or not. Rain is supposed to move out by noon and then move in again overnight. With no sunshine expected, I would not be suprised if this game is cancelled.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Wheelersburg wins 14-4.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

Great game for the burg the hits keep coming and some longballs Kyle with 1 and Jordan with 2 (grand slam) Peanut hit a ball that almost bounced off the plate. THe game got interesting in the 5th I think only one hit up till then for Valley but you can't keep a Dean Shuler team down They strung some hits with some tough plays that almost got made and scored 4 in the 5th. Jordan locked them down after the 4th run and struckout the last 2 batters. Good workout for Burgs 2nd team in the 5th. I thought it was one of Jordans best outings so far this year He had to have double digit strikeout count and pitched himself out of a jam in the 5th. Next up Northwest Look for Adam to throw. Lets hope the bats stay alive at Hagerty Field.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Jordan Russell had one heck of a game tonight. A very solid pitched game with 2 bombs (grand slam). Daniel Armstrong had another nice night behind the plate, calling a good game and giving Jordan confidence in throwing the breaking ball in the dirt.

Hitting wise, all Pirates did a good job at the plate.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

I agree a solid win against a solid Valley squad. Coach Schuler always gets the most out of his players. Valleys pitcher focused on keeping the ball down, but the Pirates were just too patient at the plate going deep into the count and forcing balls up in the zone.

Russell was a force last night on the mound and at the plate. I swear the grand slam ball was only 15 feet off the ground when it passed 2nd base and took off like a rocket to clear the CF fence. Russells first and second on the season. I believe the PDT had him at 12Ks.

I can finally see the same thing as last season starting to happen. Different players stepping up at different times throughout this lineup. Burg's HRs came from the #7 and #8 spots in the lineup. Burg is solid, very solid 1 thru 9 at the plate.

Onto Northwest to face the Mohawks on Wednesday as we move to finish out the final week of the schedule. Man where did the season go? Seems like we started.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Another quality win last night by the Pirates. Russ had some nasty stuff working last night from the mound. It was good to see him work through a tough half-inning there in the 5th.

Hats of to Dean and the boys. The more I watch his teams play, the more impressed I am with the fantastic job he does with the Valley program. I am not sure of the name of the first pitcher but he did a good job. He will be tougher when he can get more of a difference in the speed of his fastball and breaking ball.

Both teams just need to continue to work hard and listen to their coaches. The Pirates make the pligrimage out to Mohawk country on Wed.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

good win by wheelersburg. sounds like Russell has all the fixin's of a DI pitcher... I never hear anything bad about him.. Seems to me he is always consistent, always on his game, mentally focused, physically able, and a hard worker...

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

MinnyAckMack10 wrote:good win by wheelersburg. sounds like Russell has all the fixin's of a DI pitcher... I never hear anything bad about him.. Seems to me he is always consistent, always on his game, mentally focused, physically able, and a hard worker...
Good thing he paid back that dollar i loaned him ;-)

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Catch24 wrote:Jordan Russell had one heck of a game tonight. A very solid pitched game with 2 bombs (grand slam). Daniel Armstrong had another nice night behind the plate, calling a good game and giving Jordan confidence in throwing the breaking ball in the dirt.

Hitting wise, all Pirates did a good job at the plate.

Thank you catch24 for the kind words about Daniel, that means a lot coming from you.

Russ was nasty on the mound against Valley.

Return to “Baseball”