Rio Grande inks two Southern athletes

redrocket
Riding the Bench
Location: Along the river where the shotgun protects my humble abode 4 notes a week. You guess which four.

Re: Rio Grande inks two Southern athletes

Post by redrocket »

Knowing both of these young men I wish them both the very best.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I personally think a coach should not be posting on here about anything except a score. If coaches are reading these topics and taking things to heart then I believe their focus is not on the field where it should be. It was a legitimate question asked. I am sure many people would like to know how he played for one district then played for another. Fill out your line up, drag the field, line the field, and move on.

Sports_Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Sports_Man »

I agree with regulator for the most part. Looking at the number of posts I can see that Lemley hasn't posted that much. Preps is great for coaches to get scores and cancellations but coaches do not need to post. I do see the need to defend a player who, on a thread that is supposed to be positve, is being overly criticized. I do not think it is thr right thing to do to be overly critical of any young man. Anyway congrats to Chapman and Marnhout. They are joining former team mate Pat Jonhson at Rio. Good Luck Guys!

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

I don't agree regulator and sports man. Number one, this guy, or anyone else for the matter, has just as much right to post as you. He, at least, has the guts to make it known who he is, which is more than I can say for the rest of us. I would imagine, if I were a coach, that sometimes you sit back and read the crap, the rumors, the whining and complaining and you feel the need to set the record straight and give the facts. That's his right and I say if you don't like it, too bad.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

To each his own, however I have never read a post from the Lucasville Valley coach (Hall of Famer), the Wheelersburg Coach (Team 18-0), the Minford coach, or any other well known coach that is respected in the game. All I am saying, people on here have opinions and questions. It is not the coaches responsibility to answer them. If so, that is all they would do on here is defend their players.

RAW5
Waterboy

Post by RAW5 »

Sports_Man wrote:I agree with regulator for the most part. Looking at the number of posts I can see that Lemley hasn't posted that much. Preps is great for coaches to get scores and cancellations but coaches do not need to post. I do see the need to defend a player who, on a thread that is supposed to be positve, is being overly criticized. I do not think it is thr right thing to do to be overly critical of any young man. Anyway congrats to Chapman and Marnhout. They are joining former team mate Pat Jonhson at Rio. Good Luck Guys!

that would make three players in the last two years sent to rio. i must say coach lemley must be doing something right.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

ttt

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Well Regulator, you just read something from Coach Lemley from Southern. I'm not familiar with Coach, but I've seen Southern have success in the past few years. You listed a few highly respected coaches that don't post on here (that we know of), well Coach Lemley has my respect due to his success in the past and present (currently 9-4 and ranked in the state I believe) and he posts on here. I say more power to him.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

I agree with baseballstud24 this is a forum for anyone to voice their opinion. If a coach would like to set the record straight so be it. I would be intrested in hearing what a coach has to say before you regulator, he's walking the walk he takes the flack from the parents and gives his time to the boy's to inrich their lives from what i can tell He sounds like a coach that I would want my son to play for and my son plays for one of those coaches you mentioned that was 18-0. I like a coach that isn't afraid to protect one of his players from being bashed by someone thats hasn't got a clue. Coach you keep talking their are some that will listen. Congratulations to the boys on their scholorships to Rio I'm sure Brad will find a spot for them quickly.
Last edited by burggrad82 on Fri May 02, 2008 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

burggrad82 wrote:I agree with baseballstud24 this is a forum for anyone to voice their opinion. If a coach would like to set the record straight so be it. I would be intrested in hearing what a coach has to say before you regulator, he's walking the walk he takes the flack from the parents and gives his time to the boy's to inrich their lives from what i can tell He sounds like a coach that I would want my son to play for and my son plays for one of those coaches you mentioned that was 18-0. I like a coach that isn't afraid to protect one of his players from being bashed by someone thats hasn't got a clue. Coach you keep talking their are some that will listen. Congraduations to the boys on their scholorships to Rio I'm sure Brad will find a spot for them quickly.

I am not trying to start an argument, just giving an opinion. I think coaches need to stay focused on the field and not let a little chat on a forum ruffle their feathers. Broad shoulders is what I think everyone on here needs. Also it is congratulations, not congraduations.

Return to “Baseball”