Wheelersburg vs Ironton round 2

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Wheelersburg vs Ironton round 2

Post by burggrad82 »

Wheelersburg home against Ironton Thursday should be Dustin Cook on the mound what's your thoughts ?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg vs Ironton round 2

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

With the Pirates mercy ruling the Tigers in the first meeting I really don't see much trouble this go around either.

Good luck Pirates.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:With the Pirates mercy ruling the Tigers in the first meeting I really don't see much trouble this go around either.

Good luck Pirates.

I would agree but if you remember last season Burg mercy ruled the Tigers the 1st meeting and Ironton handed Burg regular season loss in the last meeting. This is pretty much the same Burg team but not the same Tigers squad.

Burg must focus on Ironton and not look to Fridays big matchup with the Falcons.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

What time does this game start ?

Enemy of State_98
Riding the Bench

Post by Enemy of State_98 »

The game time has been moved up to 4

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

^^^^^^
Thanks

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I agree with Buldog, Burg must focus on the Tigers only, if not, it could be a long afternoon up on the hill.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Just confirmed game time moved to 4pm

thenino
Freshman Team

Post by thenino »

Any results from this one? I was in Wheelersburg around the time the game was over but haven't heard anything about it. I would guess since it was over around 6 30ish when i went through that it was a mercy rule.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I was there through the third ending when Wheelersburg was leading 7-0. I don't know how it ended though.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

While I was at the Academic Excellence Awards tonight I was told the final was 13-2 Wheelersburg.

thenino
Freshman Team

Post by thenino »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:While I was at the Academic Excellence Awards tonight I was told the final was 13-2 Wheelersburg.

I was wondering why there was such a big crowd at the high school.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Pirates are now 20-0.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Another good showing last night by the Pirates in their 13-2 win over the Tigers.

Cook pitched an excellent game not allowing many hits. A couple of those came in the top of the 5th. I know the 1st 2 inning he probably had 3 or 4 Ks in facing 6 batters. Defense had a few problems especially in the 5th closing out the game but Cook finally retired the 3rd out with a K.

Offensively Burg continues to get good offensive production from the lineup. Spender Hall is still delivering in the #6 DH spot as he was probably 2-2 again last night. Numerous hits again on the night from Lyon, Wamsley, Hopper, White, Cook and Elliott.

Big showdown tonight on Pirate hill as the Pirates host the Falcons for the final meeting of the season. Here's to keeping the bats hot against the Falcons and clinching another SOC 2 title tonight.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Not to be a pain but I think that Spencer had an out on his second at bat last night. I seem to recall a nice catch on a fly ball to right field so maybe 2 for 3? But yes, he seems to be hitting very well right now. It is nice to see such depth of hitting all the way through the line up.

(I have the advantage of pictures I can review. ;-) And from those, the next picture after Spencer's second at bat is Wheelersburg back in the field.)

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

drrabbit wrote:Not to be a pain but I think that Spencer had an out on his second at bat last night. I seem to recall a nice catch on a fly ball to right field so maybe 2 for 3? But yes, he seems to be hitting very well right now. It is nice to see such depth of hitting all the way through the line up.

(I have the advantage of pictures I can review. ;-) And from those, the next picture after Spencer's second at bat is Wheelersburg back in the field.)

You are probably right. I just remember 2 of his ABs were hits and I thought he may have walked the other one.

Return to “Baseball”