Waterboy

Who is Stronger? TVC Hocking or Ohio

Post by RAW5 »

LETS GET IT ON!

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Re: Who is Stronger? TVC Hocking or Ohio

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Heres a comparison ... in how i think the teams matchup evenly...

Fed. Hock. & Belpre
Southern & Meigs
Eastern & Wellston
Trimble & Alexander
Miller & Vinton County
Waterford & Nelsonville York

The Hocking has the two toughest teams in Fed and Southern... and The Ohio has Meigs and Belpre as the leagues best... these 4 teams match up evenly... Southern beat Meigs 11-1 and they play Belpre tonight and Wellston on Friday...

so overall.... i think the league withthe most talent is the hocking...

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

FH beat Meigs and Belpre by a combined score of either 20-7 or 21-7. Meigs (8-0) and Belpre (12 or 13 - 7).

However, the bottom 3 of the TVC Ohio is better than the TVC Hocking's bottom 3. The TVC Hocking is top heavy. The TVC Hocking would have to sweep the top games IMO. Though, Waterford and Trimble are capable of beating the Ohio's bottom.

Plus, since Meigs won the TVC Ohio, I think it would look more like this...

FH vs. Meigs
Southern vs. Belpre (Southern beat Eastern more recently. Likewise with Belpre and Wellston).
Eastern vs. Wellston

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Orestes wrote:FH beat Meigs and Belpre by a combined score of either 20-7 or 21-7. Meigs (8-0) and Belpre (12 or 13 - 7).

However, the bottom 3 of the TVC Ohio is better than the TVC Hocking's bottom 3. The TVC Hocking is top heavy. The TVC Hocking would have to sweep the top games IMO. Though, Waterford and Trimble are capable of beating the Ohio's bottom.

Plus, since Meigs won the TVC Ohio, I think it would look more like this...

FH vs. Meigs
Southern vs. Belpre (Southern beat Eastern more recently. Likewise with Belpre and Wellston).
Eastern vs. Wellston

Southern beat Belpre tonight 12-2 in 6 innings and Meigs 11-1 in 6 innings .... this goes to show the top half of the hocking just may be stronger than the Ohios top teams....

Sports_Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Sports_Man »

I really thought that this topic would be opening up a can of worms. But surprisingly enough posters have been pretty quite.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Southern beat Belpre tonight 12-2 in 6 innings and Meigs 11-1 in 6 innings .... this goes to show the top half of the hocking just may be stronger than the Ohios top teams....

I don't really think this is a good standard of measure. I think most teams when playing out of their respective divisions, coaches don't use their front line pitchers at least Belpre doesn't. They use these games to get the younger players innings. When Belpre played FH they started a kid who had never pitched and used 3 others with limited experince. I'm sure that if Belpre pitched Packard or Tate against FH or Southern it would be a great game and wouldn't be a mercy run rule.

marauderfan
Riding the Bench

Post by marauderfan »

I tend to agree with Eagles20. When playing the other division, especially when you are in the midst of league play and you tend to use these games to get some experience for the rest of the potential pitching staff as well as other players. I know in the Meigs/Southern game, the final score was not indicative of the game. Meigs brought in a younger pitcher in the 4th inning. He pitched well for 2 innings. The score was still tied 1-1 until the bottom of the 6th, when a comination of things happened. Southern started hitting well, and Meigs had some fielding errors, so the 12-1 final score is only a partial indication of how the game as a whole went. Not to take anything away from the Southern win.

Also, we ALL know that basball is a fickle and unpredictable game. Anything can happen on any given day. Winning a game when you play a team once or at most, twice in a season, is not as good a predictor of who is stronger than if you were to play someone multiple games over time. Not to take anything away from any win. A win is a win. But to try and decide which division is stronger, with just a single or maybe at most, two games between a team, is not the best measure, even within your own division. Look at Belpre and Meigs this year. In the early season, Meigs beat Belpre by a wide margin, then later on Belpre gave Meigs their only loss in the Ohio TVC. Two good teams, and even though as my name indicates, I am a Meigs fan, I would not count anybody out, at any time... So overall I think both the Hocking and Ohio Divisions have some good teams, as well as some weak teams.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Southern pitched sophmore Michael Manuel last night against Belpre... he is going to be a great player for Southern in the future... Belpres starter did well on the mound and so did their big lefty and their left fielder who also pitched. Manuel is probably the #3 or #4 on the team... Yea southern pitched Chapman in the Meigs game but Meigs #1 in Dunfee also began the game and then they brought in Jeffers towards the end..... Im sure if Belpre pitched Packard it would have been a lot closer of a game... but it was just one of those nights where Belpre hit it right at a tornado every time at bat... southern just hit it where Belpre wasnt... thats baseball....

Alll i know is each league has some really tough kids...

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Well, Belpre's starter against FH only pitched against the first two hitters, and then was pulled. Wadaker was then put in to pitch. He pitched until FH was blowing the game open. Both teams walked too many batters in that game. I did mention that Belpre had good talent. However, after overhearing Belpre players talking to FH players, they do not all seem to like each other much, and there were several instances of just a brutal lack of hustle.

Against Meigs, FH did throw Thompson. However, at the time, he was one of FH's top 4 pitchers, and is a sophomore. The day before, FH had played a crucial league game with Eastern, much like Meigs had just played Wellston. However, the score was 8-0 and Meigs had 2 hits, and you won't win many games with 0 runs.

Obviously, these games may all have different outcomes, but we are talking about 4 games in this case and none of them were close.

Return to “Baseball”