Minford vs. Zane Trace (VA)

Bozo
S

Minford vs. Zane Trace (VA)

Post by Bozo »

Two 20 win teams going against each other today at the VA.

Bryant4219
Waterboy

Re: Minford vs. Zane Trace (VA)

Post by Bryant4219 »

This game is really to close to say who will win but I am really leaning towards Minford in this game!! They are really playing good fundamental baseball as of lately, after bouncing back from a 30 pt blowout of burg to playing them down to the last innings last game!! They also had a very good game against ironton with an outstanding pitching performance from Jerimiah Johnson. So I really like Minford in this one.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

ZT won the opener 6-5. Two pretty evenly matched teams.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

This game is promised to be a hot and tight game. I think that Minford will come out on top in the end. These two teams could see each other in the tournament somewhere. I wonder if they will still play the game??? I know the VA is a turf field but, it has been raining alot today. Anyone have any info ?

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

VA turf can take 10 inches of rain per hour. The only way that they will not play is thunder.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

....and lightning!

I think Minford is much improved than when they played against ZT early in the year.

Coach Allen I am sure has his club playing better at this point in the season, so I think this will be a great matchup between these two teams.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I will take Minford in a close game, lets say 9-6

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace 7
Minford 3

FINAL

ZT (21-3)
Minford (20-5)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Good win for ZT! I'm sure their ace wasn't out there either(he threw Tuesday) which makes this an even better win going into the tournament.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Minford was flat and played with little emotion. Too many errors, passed balls, and lack of discipline and focus at the plate. You should not have to motivate a team in a game of this type with two 20 win teams playing. Anytime a team scores 7 runs on only 2-3 hits, that explains a lot, which is what Zane Trace did.

It sure would be nice to see these two teams meet again in the regionals....with a different outcome, of course! :-D

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace threw Stocklin and Downs. Minford threw Farmer. Minford outhit ZT 7-4, but ZT hit a lot of balls hard for outs. Minford had 3 errors to ZT's one.

ZT drew 10 walks on the night. It is hard to walk them 10 times because they are very aggressive at the plate.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Bozo wrote: ZT drew 10 walks on the night. It is hard to walk them 10 times because they are very aggressive at the plate.

WOW....I did not know that. You certainly cannot walk 10 batters and expect to win.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Come on now boys!!Let's get focused and start chalking up some more of them W's!!!

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

10 walks i dont think i have ever seen farmer have 10 walks in a game or even 2 games combined. the strike zone seem to get a little tight for jared .to walk bases loaded never seen that before.i agree minford still playing flat . they seem tired .time to suck it up men.it is tourney time 8)

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I think that Minford will make the adjustments needed to make a long tourney run.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

FalconFan wrote:I think that Minford will make the adjustments needed to make a long tourney run.

The big one that is needed is a mental adjustment. That and a senior, or two, or three needs to step up and be a leader(s) on the team. When you have two top 20 teams playing you should not need to be motivated. You can have a great coach, and Minford does, but you cannot teach heart and desire. You either want it or you don't.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

i think the young men need to quit being nice guys .get a little swagger in there step .get an attitude. just like in football, whoever gets that first hit on your opponant owns him the rest of the game.i just think some go through the motions.quit taking the first punch and deliever one men 8)

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Any results on today's games at the VA...? I think Gallipolis, Zane Trace, Lucasville Valley are involved.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace 11 Lucasville Valley 1
Zane Trace 17 Gallia Academy 1

Gallipolis and Valley are playing now.

ZT (23-3)

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »