Chilliccothe @ Warren Local 5-12-08

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Chilliccothe @ Warren Local 5-12-08

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

I look for this to be a real close game. Hopefully Warren can get healthy for this one or they may be in trouble. Right now the #2 and 3 batters in the lineup are out with hamstring pulls. The Warriors will probably go with D-Wags on the hill again.

Any Chilli faithful willing to offer any insight on this game. Not sure if you have ever been to Warren's field but it is possibly the best place for fans to watch a ballgame in this area. Bring your lawn chairs and sit on the hill.

chilltown
JV Team

Re: Chilliccothe @ Warren Local 5-12-08

Post by chilltown »

We have been playing better of late. I, like you think this will be nip and tuck. We scored 7 runs on ZT... 3 top pitchers in a loss and then went and won at Athens. Make no mistake these kids can play when they want. Our overall record could be reversed easily . There are no easy outs in this lineup 1-9 are all solid hitters .

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren had another starter go down today with a concussion from an overthrown ball. They have a DH scheduled for tomorrow with Fed Hock. Might be best to play some of next years talent and rest some guys for Monday.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

I got "unofficial" word that this game is NOT happening today. Field is way too wet. Warren was given a tarp midway through the season but elected not to put it on the field after Saturday's DH. Not sure why.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Maybe an extra day to get healthy... :razz:

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

Hopefully the Warriors come ready to play today. They need to pitch Wagner in all the tournament games they can. First round games havent been easy for the Warriors under JB. Not that they have lost any, i dont think they have. But...

Anybody remember when Beebe hit a walk off grand slam to beat athens. I believe that was a first round game. Anyone know the year? Im thinking 2004 or 2005.
If it was 05 it propelled the team all the way to the regional finals.

Clover
Waterboy

Post by Clover »

tribetime asked if:

Anybody remember when Beebe hit a walk off grand slam to beat athens. I believe that was a first round game. Anyone know the year? Im thinking 2004 or 2005...........

The year was 2005 the Warriors finished the season 24-5 and lost to the State Champs from Hebron Lakewood in the Regional finals. I also remember the game against Athens in the sectionals. That Warrior team was all business and never got excited whether they were behind or leading in a game. They just did their job. It was a pleasure to watch those players just play.

J BEEBE 2005 Senior year - Center Field
D DUNFEE 2005 Senior year - DH/3rd
A CANADAY 2005 Senior year - pitcher
G JOHNSON 2005 Senior year - catcher
C LEACH 2005 Senior year - 1st. base
N.KIMBERLY 2005 Senior year - Right field
B LOVETT 2005 Senior year - utililty
C WELCH 2006 Junior year - 3rd base
A BARTH 2006 Junior year - SS
K OLIVER 2006 Junior year - Pitcher
A HOFF 2006 Junior year - Pitcher
G PROCTOR 2007 Sophmore year - 2nd. base
T WYNN 2007 Sophmore year - Pitcher/Left field
E BONNETTE 2007 Sophmore year - Outfield
D WAGNER 2008 Freshman year - Pitcher

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

That was a great Warrior team.

The year before Athens upset them in game 1 of the sectionals.

utahhatu
Waterboy

Post by utahhatu »

Chilli over Warren in this one.
4-3

Who pitched in this one?
Anyone with stats?

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Congrats to the Cavs on a big win tonight. Big heart to go down to Warren and pull out the victory.

GO CAVS!!!

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Congrats to Chilli. Warren let them hang around too long and the Cavs took advantage of that late in the game. Too many baserunners left in scoring position for the Warriors. That has been a problem all season. Goodluck Chilli against Gallia...should be a real battle.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

I just read the local newspaper article on this game. Warren did NOT lose because of an error! They lost because of their inability to drive in baserunners every inning. This has been the Warriors nemesis all season. High school kids make errors, for the past 4-5 seasons Warren has scored a ton of runs to overcome their fielding miscues. Their lack of offensive firepower magnified their mistakes in the field.

Warren's thirdbaseman has 2 more years of varsity ball...I will enjoy watching this young man play ball!

dawescpa
Riding the Bench

Post by dawescpa »

Cap'n

Agree. Chilli hit with men in scoring position, Warren did not . Chilli scored all 4 runs with 2 outs. Timely hitting plus good pitching plus adequate defense equals wins.

dawescpa
Riding the Bench

Post by dawescpa »

To further my previous point I am looking at the box score and stas for the games.
Chilli - 8 hits, Warren 8 hits, Chill 2 errors, warren 3 errors, Chilli pitching gave up 2 walks, striking out 2, Warren's pitching gave up 1 walk, striking out 4. chilli pitching faced 33 batters, while Warren faced 31. A very close, well played game I thought.

Return to “Baseball”