Southern vs Ironton St. Joe ... At Valley, District semi.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Southern vs Ironton St. Joe ... At Valley, District semi.

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Southern defeated St Joe in the district finals last year so id say St Joe is out for revenge but i think the Southern will be up to the challenge... my prediction

Southern - 6
St. Joe - 4

just a prediction though... anything is possible in tournaments...

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Southern vs Ironton St. Joe ... At Valley, District semi.

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think that St. Joe wins this one 5-2.

Caleb Blackburn should be on the hill for the Flyers and he will be tough to beat the first 5 innings. If St. Joe can start him on the hill and get a lead, they will be tough to beat. Throw strikes and make them beat you, dont give them any free passes.

The problem with the game against Southern last year was walks and not getting the weaker hitters in Southern's lineup to swing the bat or take the strikes. They seemed to be a quick team that made you pay if you walked them a free base. They had a couple nice hitters, but I think if St Joe pitching is on target it could be a fast paced game with St Joe coming out on top.

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

Last I heard, Southern was up 7-1 in the the 5th inning.

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

St. Joe rallied to tie the game at 7 in top of 6th. Southern responded with 3 in bottom to win 10-7. Good luck Southern.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Sounds like a great game. Who pitched for each team? How did St. Joe come back? How did Southern go back up?

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Chad Harvey hit a 2 run blast for the Flyers to deep left center field. I'm sorry for not knowing the names but the left handed hitter for Southern hit a 3 run shot to deep right center for the Tornados. Good luck to Southern in the rest of the tourney.

Joe Strummer
Freshman Team

Post by Joe Strummer »

Congratulations to Coach Bryant and the young Flyer squad - excellent showing this year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

St Joe should be returning alot of talent next year. They should be good defensively and be solid at the plate. If they cant get 2-3 more pitchers really throwing well during the off season, they could make a deep run next year in D4

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Wes Riffle hit that 3 run blast RiverRatRay.

Mike Manuel pithched a great game for Southern put didn't pick up the win. He deserved the win too. Southern made a few errors in the field that allowed St. Joe to come back, but give credit to St. Joe they started hitting the ball too. When the game got tied up Southern responded by Chapman getting a walk, Taylor singled, Riffle singled, then Marnhout hit a deep sac fly that scored Chapman, after that two more Tornadoes crossed the plate making the score 10-7.

bleacher coach
Waterboy

Post by bleacher coach »

Good luck to Southern in the District Finals.

Return to “Baseball”