what are some thoughts on piketon baseball for this season?

CoachB.
Freshman Team

Re: what are some thoughts on piketon baseball for this seas

Post by CoachB. »

Whatever happened to tipping your cap? We need more kids acting like this and a lot less meltdowns on the field/court!!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

None the less, God has blessed us with a beautiful first day of high school baseball.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

For those that are digging on Farmer you need to give it a break- first of all dont forget that he is a young man, and has learned from those mistakes (of course he is human), great kid to talk to and his father is also. Great athlete and is going to mature both on and off the field. Give him guidance if you see him making a mistake I am sure that he would take the advice and apply it to his game to benefit him. I"m sure that we all want to see him do well, after all he represents us all in Southern Ohio. With that said- Go Burg

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

bengalfan76 wrote:
charliehustle wrote:Something is lacking just a bit with Farmer . Last year at va kid from Portsmouth sent one over the scoreboard . Farmer greeted him at homeplate laughing and shook the kids hand . Im sure pro scouts and d1 colleges would have been real impressed .
Never shook his hand. Funny how this story gets a life of its own. The kid is only kid all year to hit the ball hard off him with excepion of Stonerock. Its a high school game.... Kid having fun. Would you rather he throw is glove and melt down? Kid just cant win. Jealousy in SE Ohio is amazing......
No listen up i was there sitting behind home plate , after the kid hit the mammoth homerun when he reached home plate Farmer greeted him at homeplate laughing and shook his hand . If he is a d1 prospect and maybe more than that he shouldn't have done that it looked bad . That kids next at bat he should have put a fastball right under his chin ! I'm a fan of Farmer i hope he goes all the way but there is a mental side of the game too and he might as well start working on that right now . Not a bit jealous of him , he is a great talent and makes our league look even better .

ucdave
Riding the Bench

Post by ucdave »

As the coach of a team that has been knocked out of the tournament the last 2 years by Farmer, I can assure you he is the real deal. If talent like that is a dime a dozen, I have been getting cheated. Great pitcher and Gene does a great job with the kids.

ou22
Riding the Bench

Post by ou22 »

ohhh come on! farmer is being a sport. like Coach B. said we need more of this in high school sports.

ou22
Riding the Bench

Post by ou22 »

how many people do the streaks return?

Jon B
Riding the Bench

Post by Jon B »

Everyone but one player I think.. But they have The Gun Zach Farmer, Bennett, Goober, Brabson, Pack, and also big key Chaz Bowman.

Svcfanatic
Waterboy

Post by Svcfanatic »

Pretty much everyone.. They will still lose to Westfall!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

charliehustle wrote:
bengalfan76 wrote:
charliehustle wrote:Something is lacking just a bit with Farmer . Last year at va kid from Portsmouth sent one over the scoreboard . Farmer greeted him at homeplate laughing and shook the kids hand . Im sure pro scouts and d1 colleges would have been real impressed .
Never shook his hand. Funny how this story gets a life of its own. The kid is only kid all year to hit the ball hard off him with excepion of Stonerock. Its a high school game.... Kid having fun. Would you rather he throw is glove and melt down? Kid just cant win. Jealousy in SE Ohio is amazing......
No listen up i was there sitting behind home plate , after the kid hit the mammoth homerun when he reached home plate Farmer greeted him at homeplate laughing and shook his hand . If he is a d1 prospect and maybe more than that he shouldn't have done that it looked bad . That kids next at bat he should have put a fastball right under his chin ! I'm a fan of Farmer i hope he goes all the way but there is a mental side of the game too and he might as well start working on that right now . Not a bit jealous of him , he is a great talent and makes our league look even better .
I understand where you are coming from....but disagree. Shake your head and smile at the monster HR...tell him nice shot and don't let it happen again. What did the kid do his next AB? I don't care what he does after the HR (away from embarrassing his team)....I care about the next at bats upcoming. You can't get the pitch back.

Not everyone (or anyone) is Nolan Ryan or Bob Gibson.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

I agree just dont greet him at homeplate and pat him on the back ,be a competitor . Heck take him out to dinner after the game if you are that much of a good sport . Honestly i think it was a little embarrasing .

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

wow really people, I hope most of the haters are kids and not adults now that would be embarressing. Great group of kids. Good luck on the season Streaks

bd452
Waterboy

Post by bd452 »

No listen up i was there sitting behind home plate , after the kid hit the mammoth homerun when he reached home plate Farmer greeted him at homeplate laughing and shook his hand . If he is a d1 prospect and maybe more than that he shouldn't have done that it looked bad . That kids next at bat he should have put a fastball right under his chin ! I'm a fan of Farmer i hope he goes all the way but there is a mental side of the game too and he might as well start working on that right now . Not a bit jealous of him , he is a great talent and makes our league look even better .[/quote]

charliehustle, there is a mental side to the game and obviously you don't get it. "Throw one under the chin on his next at bat"????? That proves your mental capacity for the game. I was also at the game and at the time of the PHS kid's next at bat, Piketon was still down 3 runs late in the game. But your wisdom has Farmer taking a chance at hitting the catcher who will then get a courtesy runner that might steal second base. Also, pitching on short rest the last thing you do is waste pitches. When you throw 87 mph on a bad day, you don't scare the kid. You strike him out, which he did.

spankymonkey62
Waterboy

Post by spankymonkey62 »

Piketon will run away with it this year. Should have no problems with adena with all returning starters except vulgamore. This will be a big loss but they are stacked with talent.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

farmer is a great talent but what he did showed me that he is ready to take it to the next level when you greet a kid at homeplate after he hit a bomb off of you. you can either get mad and walk the next guy or be smart and keep your composure and get the next kid out! thats what farmer did so charlie hustle go get mad and "put it under his chin" and leave the getting people out to farmer thats why piketon won the district, he didnt blow up.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

i think having a blue jackets tag is embarressing along with what your saying

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Never said he should , i was implying it might make more sense .

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

spankymonkey62 wrote:Piketon will run away with it this year. Should have no problems with adena with all returning starters except vulgamore. This will be a big loss but they are stacked with talent.

LOL :122245

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Throw it under his chin? Really? Whatever happened to giving the other guy a "Good hit" when he rocked one? That's what we did back in the day. Now, if the kid stood there admiring himself after hitting one, like they do in the major, then all bets are off.

Piketon will do fine. Gene having Farmer on a pitch count is a wise thing to do. He probably has all of them on pitch counts. But I doubt he sets his rotation up to ensure Farmer avoids the tough opponents. That's a moronic thing to say.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

mikepike wrote:Throw it under his chin? Really? Whatever happened to giving the other guy a "Good hit" when he rocked one? That's what we did back in the day. Now, if the kid stood there admiring himself after hitting one, like they do in the major, then all bets are off.

Piketon will do fine. Gene having Farmer on a pitch count is a wise thing to do. He probably has all of them on pitch counts. But I doubt he sets his rotation up to ensure Farmer avoids the tough opponents. That's a moronic thing to say.
He took his sweet time getting around the bases . I think he should be more of a fierce competitor at all times but he has a lot of talent and will be just fine .

Return to “Baseball”