what are some thoughts on piketon baseball for this season?

duck butter
Freshman Team

Re: what are some thoughts on piketon baseball for this seas

Post by duck butter »

who is the best player then charlie hustle? how many all american teams have they made??

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

charliehustle wrote:
highandtight wrote:Fellas lets remember this is southeastern ohio we're talking about. I would agree that he may be the best 17 year old in our area, but the country, WOW. That would make him a top five pick a year from June? I hope so but doubt it.

Thanks im glad someone else pointed that out , im in enough trouble lol. Really you can make a case he's not even the best player in the svc. Still a really good player .
That might actually be the most ignorant thing i have heard, who else in the SVC has been an all american team... by their sophomore season! who else is going to be drafted, right out of high school?

Fun facts for you, in two seasons:
15 wins, .88 era, 205 k, .508 BA, and led the league in steals last season!

ou22
Riding the Bench

Post by ou22 »

im pretty sure farmer had 125 k's his freshman season and 140 k's his sophmore season so thats 265 strikeouts in 2 years!

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Hey guys who is the reigning svc poy ? Yates offensive stats were better , ptching stats were comparable other than k's . Maybe someone has complete stats we can compare . Yates is the best player in the svc voted on by the coaches and will be until someone else is named, surely u guys will admit that . Yates would have been POY even if Adena hadn't won the league . chew on that !

Jackiemoon33
Waterboy

Post by Jackiemoon33 »

TheKing28 wrote:
charliehustle wrote:
highandtight wrote:Fellas lets remember this is southeastern ohio we're talking about. I would agree that he may be the best 17 year old in our area, but the country, WOW. That would make him a top five pick a year from June? I hope so but doubt it.

Thanks im glad someone else pointed that out , im in enough trouble lol. Really you can make a case he's not even the best player in the svc. Still a really good player .
That might actually be the most ignorant thing i have heard, who else in the SVC has been an all american team... by their sophomore season! who else is going to be drafted, right out of high school?

Fun facts for you, in two seasons:
15 wins, .88 era, 205 k, .508 BA, and led the league in steals last season!
that is by far the best player, in the league,
charliehustle yes yates is good id say the second best player in the league but there is no way anybody can come close to zach farmer. Fo' sho

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Last years stats taken from svcsportszone site:
Wins: F-10; Y-4
ERA: F- .68; Y-1.78
K: F-140; Y-39
BA:F- .514; Y-.463
RBI: F- 21; Y-28
HR:F-?; Y- 6
3B: F- ?; Y-5
2B: F- 6; Y- ?
SB: F- 20; Y- 16
R: F- 21; Y- 32

Based on these stats Farmer led Yates in 6 categories, by a large margin in the 3 pitching categories. Say what you will, but, according to the scouts, Farmer is the better prospect. A lefty throwing low/mid 90's? He's been well coached to this point, imagine how much better he might get with college or pro coaching.

highandtight
Freshman Team

Post by highandtight »

I don't think anyone is arguing that Farmer is a once in a lifetime player. I saw him three time last season and he topped out in the low 90's every time. He has all the tools neede to be drafted and possibly very high. My only point is that I can't see him being an early first rounder right now. Lets remember he has two more years of domination in SEO. If he continues to improve who knows. Keep in mind that this is still Southeastern Ohio we're talking about. Not exactly the hotbed that Florida, Texas, or California are. I wish him the best of luck and will continue to follow him.

ou22
Riding the Bench

Post by ou22 »

according to mike pikes post it looks like yates isnt even compareable to farmer! but this isnt to argue about farmer i posted this to see what people thought about the team as a whole! farmer is a great talent but im sure without his team he wouldnt be where he is!

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Yates clearly had the better offensive numbers, he is great hitter . Maybe bengalfan can give us Zach's exact offensive numbers .

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Clearly? I don't know about clearly. Power numbers, RBI's, and runs scored doesn't necessarily mean clearly, but, whatever. Piketon lost in the regional final to Wheelersburg, while Adena lost in the district finals, I believe. Guess that means Adena had the better regular season, but Piketon had the better post season.

Until somebody knocks them off, Adena is the team to beat. I'd guess Farmer will pitch would pitch once if not twice against them. I look for the Streaks to have a good season, but focus on being on a roll for the tournaments.

svcbaseballfan
Freshman Team

Post by svcbaseballfan »

When I think about a POY in a league, I ask myself who would I want to build a team around if we had a draft. Farmer and Yates are clearly going to be 1 and 2. Both are great ball players who offer their teams a lot. Farmer is best for his team on the mound, where I think Yates helps his team the most when he is in the field.
I don't know what Charlie Hustle's problem is with teams other than Adena, but he has a clear bias. When it comes to playing at the next level, Zach Farmer is a name that is known across the country to MLB and College Scouts. People talked about this being SEO and not a hotbed of baseball talent, but remember, Zach plays summer baseball for a top notch program and is seen by scouts from all over. His name is not just one that is well known in SEO. Do a google search of him and look at the comments scouts have for him. He was recently picked as a Pre-Season All-Ohio Pitcher by ESPN. PBR has him as the #2 overall prospect in his class in all of Ohio. This stuff is not just SEO. People need to realize that having a player like Farmer in the league does great things for the league. Think of how many kids will be seen by MLB and College scouts this year when they come to watch Zach pitch, that otherwise would have never been noticed. It only takes being seen 1 time by a scout to make or break you.
As for the Redstreaks, they are going to be a team to contend for a league title this year. Their confidence is going to be sky high after a Regional Final game last year and returning nearly everyone from that team. Good Luck to the Redstreaks and all of the SVC.

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

What are the dates for the Adena-Piketon matchups? I understand that the weather can change some of the schedule. I would love to see these two meet on the field. Farmer has a great future ahead of him if he makes good choices and continues working hard.
Good Luck to both teams.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

mikepike wrote:Clearly? I don't know about clearly. Power numbers, RBI's, and runs scored doesn't necessarily mean clearly, but, whatever. Piketon lost in the regional final to Wheelersburg, while Adena lost in the district finals, I believe. Guess that means Adena had the better regular season, but Piketon had the better post season.

Until somebody knocks them off, Adena is the team to beat. I'd guess Farmer will pitch would pitch once if not twice against them. I look for the Streaks to have a good season, but focus on being on a roll for the tournaments.
Don't forget 2b's and 3b's . I think Farmer led in sb's and .BA

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

For the record Irvin and the Jarrod Collins should have been highly considered for POY also . Collins is back this year and will be a factor . So no i am not biased to just adena . I like good teams and good players .

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

2011 Post season awards.
Yates: SVC Player of Year. First Team all District and First Team ALL Ohio.
Prep Baseball report listed as 171th player in 2012 class in Ohio

Farmer: First Team ALL SVC First Team All District and First Team ALL Ohio. ALL Regional Team BCA. ESPN 2nd Team ALL American as Utility and Pitcher. Baseball America 2n Team All American as Utility and Pitcher. Prep Baseball Report #1 player in State of OHio in 2013. Perfect Game has him listed as the 13th player in the Nation ion 2013 Class. ESPN 2012 Preseason All American. ESPN Preseason ALL OHIO 2012( Only kid in SE Ohio) this is for all divisions.

As was said. Yates is POY until someone takes it and Adena is SVC Champs until someone beat them. ALL this is rediculous we are arguing about two teenagers. Both are great players.

Farmers Stats can be found on Baseball America, Baseball Coaches of America.
they are pretty good. Adena's stats are not complete SVC-Sportszone
Piketon @ Adena 4/4 5:00
Adena @ Piketon 4/23 @ VA 7:00

Last year is in the past. Lets move on to this year. Let the kids play the games. And yes Farmer will Pitch on 4/4 :122245

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

i cant wait! will be the game if the year in the svc the first week then for the title on 4/23 under the lights at the va that will be sick!

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

Why would Piketon give up their home field like that when we can see a tight race for the SVC crown? I like the idea of playing at the VA, but that is a HUGE game to lose your home field. I have this one marked on my calendar....Can't wait! Play Ball!

the hit king
Freshman Team

Post by the hit king »

this is for john carter, hey funny man! my name on here was tjfred before i changed it to TJFREDERICK ON MARCH 5TH. the only reason i did that was bc i haven't been on here for so long i forgot my password so i changed it to the new one i have now!!! i have never hidden behind a name, it has either been tjfred or tjfrederick. so john carter, who are you????

Jon B
Riding the Bench

Post by Jon B »

its jimmy carter's great grandson..

Jon B
Riding the Bench

Post by Jon B »

saw them scrimmage west... Bowman threw the ball well, and farmer did as well.. bennett was good too, got hit a little though..

Return to “Baseball”