what are some thoughts on piketon baseball for this season?

duck butter
Freshman Team

Re: what are some thoughts on piketon baseball for this seas

Post by duck butter »

im pretty sure bowman wouldve gotten hit too, but he hit them first lol besides that the streaks didnt hit very well but its early look for them to contend for league title this year

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

the streaks got lucky that wind was blowing hard out of left, it took a couple hrs foul.

Trojanfan14
Waterboy

Post by Trojanfan14 »

Farmer's arm will get blown if bumgardner keeps throwing him like he did last year. Did they loose anyone? To my knowledge they are the same team as last year.

Trojanfan14
Waterboy

Post by Trojanfan14 »

Tdriver64 wrote:Adena is WAY ahead of the pack and if history repeats its self Adena will never even see Farmer!! Farmer is a great talent but is protected by the Piketon coaching staff to insure he gets his wins. Mr. Farmer is a legit D1 pitcher or possibly a draft choice but need's to screw his head on straight and realize that what he brings to the table is a dime a dozen across the country and put his attitude in check. wish him the best of luck but he needs to mature.
Unioto will be second in SVC followed by ZT then Piketon and Westfall.

By the way, what an awesome league in SE Ohio not to be out done by the SOC, Go Burg!!

Very, very, very, well said. Except for the part about "go burg" lol.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Trojanfan14 wrote:Farmer's arm will get blown if bumgardner keeps throwing him like he did last year. Did they loose anyone? To my knowledge they are the same team as last year.

Your a joke. Or just plain ignorant of the the game of baseball.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

i agree with bengalfan76 trojanfan14 your ignorant when did he overuse him? i thought he used his talents very well

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

OSU FAN you seem to be close to the STREAKS team ,since Valley is now D-4 do you think there will be a chance that the coach will use the Farmer kid on 3/24 ? I know last years game neither team threw the ace cause the possibility of playing each other in the tourney . Would love to see Farmer pitch this year against Valley since there in seperate divisions .

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

N B Heat. yes

Trojanfan14
Waterboy

Post by Trojanfan14 »

osu fanatic wrote:i agree with bengalfan76 trojanfan14 your ignorant when did he overuse him? i thought he used his talents very well
How about in the tournament when he threw 140 pitches and came back on one day rest and threw 60 more?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

never happened, he threw 6 innings on thursday about 80+ pitches and then threw on Saturday. But nice try. Still have the pitching charts. Now go troll under another bridge :roll:

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

bengalfan76 wrote:never happened, he threw 6 innings on thursday about 80+ pitches and then threw on Saturday. But nice try. Still have the pitching charts. Now go troll under another bridge :roll:
I'm sure the boy could handle it if he is as good as they say he is. I don't buy into the whole pitch count thing too much any way, the kids are 15,16,17 years old, not like they are 40 and throwing everyday. I would bet the coach wouldn't try to ruin a kid who has a lot of baseball ahead of him.

Is there a rule on how much you can throw a kid in high school?

sports87
Riding the Bench

Post by sports87 »

i was at west and piketon scrimmage and piketon is very weak or west is very strong i think the score was 10-1 west and the only run piketon had was on a walk. if framer is all they got could be long year

Sheik Yerboutie
Waterboy

Post by Sheik Yerboutie »

Trojanfan14 wrote:Farmer's arm will get blown if bumgardner keeps throwing him like he did last year. Did they loose anyone? To my knowledge they are the same team as last year.
Sad. You don't know what you're talking about.

ucdave
Riding the Bench

Post by ucdave »

Let me assure you, Zach's arm is fine. In a 4 inning stint against us Tuesday he struck out 11 of the 12 batters he faced. Seems to be a great kid that just loves playing baseball. Wish him well unless we meet again in the tournament.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

had a rough first scrimmage but the last two the streaks are coming around getting better every time out

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

How will young freshman Williams contribute? I saw the roster and it is very unusual to play varsity unless there is no JV team. I understand he is a pretty good player. Your thoughts?

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Havent see him yet in a varsity scrimmage so im gonna guess JV?

Return to “Baseball”