Oak Hill gets win over Minford

get-r-done-oaks
Riding the Bench

Oak Hill gets win over Minford

Post by get-r-done-oaks »

A very young Oaks team gets a hard fought Win over Minford tonight. This was a very good game for the Oaks. Great job keep up the hard work.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Re: Oak Hill gets win over Minford

Post by jungle cat »

What was the stats and score?

get-r-done-oaks
Riding the Bench

I believe the score was 9-8 with Minford scoring 2 in top of the 8th and then the Oaks scored 3 more in the bottom. I don't have the stats for the game.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

jungle cat wrote:What was the stats and score?

Too many errors and lackadaisical play by the Falcons. At some point they need to play with some intensity, which hasn't been there for awhile. Going through the motions results in games like tonight. There are simply no excuses for not making fundamental plays. Minford either needs to start playing with some emotion or the next 2-3 weeks will be long, very long.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

As , i posted early this year . it will be a long year at least coach is preparing for the furture.. playing alot of young players .. this reminds me of years past.... got to find pitching ... good luck falcons....

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

All I can say is.... WOW!

Congrats to the Oaks on the win.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I have to agree with Buldog,...WOW! Is the league that bad overall or is Waverly and Wheelersburg just that much better than everyone else?

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Honestly, The league is not very good. Some young teams trying to compete with some veteran teams.

Waverly and Wheelersburg are very good, but the dropoff is pretty dramatic after that. In all honesty, This area is not very good in baseball. Think of 5 teams South of Chillicothe that are District Champion caliber teams. Hard to do! Yes, there will be District Champions, but it is hard to figure out who. I guess the parody of average teams will make it exciting. Doesn't make it exciting for the scouts and college recruiters. ;-)

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Drive around Southern Ohio this summer and see how many kids are playing wiffleball, softball, baseball in their yards. The number of kids working on their baseball skills are very low. Until players get out of their house and away from the computer, Wii's, nintendo, etc.... we will stay weak in this area. Look at the teams who are doing well in the area-Count the number of boys on those teams who play legion ball somewhere and you'll see the more successful teams!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ripper
Riding the Bench

Post by The Ripper »

From what I've seen - it's not necessarily lack of good teams - it's lack of good pitching. Waverly and Wheelersburg have solid pitching and depth at that.

Isn't West an entirely different team when Bricker is on the mound? They can beat just about anybody with him throwing. They've got a couple of other kids who throw strikes too.

Kids don't have the arm strength nor the accuracy to compete consistently, due to lack of throwing.

Growing up , ClevelandFan, I threw everyday against the barn with a tennis ball. When the creek got up - I'd toss a milk jug in it and bomb it with rocks as it floated away.

I got my first taste of working with kids, last night, who'd never thrown before - HOLY COW! :122246

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

ClevelandBrowns#1 wrote:Drive around Southern Ohio this summer and see how many kids are playing wiffleball, softball, baseball in their yards. The number of kids working on their baseball skills are very low. Until players get out of their house and away from the computer, Wii's, nintendo, etc.... we will stay weak in this area. Look at the teams who are doing well in the area-Count the number of boys on those teams who play legion ball somewhere and you'll see the more successful teams!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!:

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

When I was a kid we had six little league teams at Minford. Last I heard, they were down to one. :122248

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Post by bulkmove »

The Ripper said it best

[quote="The Ripper"]From what I've seen - it's not [color=#0000BF][i]necessarily[/i][/color] lack of good teams - it's lack of good [b]pitching[/b]. Waverly and Wheelersburg have solid pitching and depth at that.

Isn't West an entirely different team when Bricker is on the mound? They can beat just about anybody with him throwing. They've got a couple of other kids who throw strikes too.

Kids don't have the arm strength nor the accuracy to compete consistently, due to lack of throwing.

Growing up , ClevelandFan, I threw everyday against the barn with a tennis ball. When the creek got up - I'd toss a milk jug in it and bomb it with rocks as it floated away.

I got my first taste of working with kids, last night, who'd never thrown before - HOLY COW! :122246[/quote]

It has to do with the amount of kids that can pitch or even throw hard. There aren't many of them out there. West/Bricker showed that today with the win against burg. Coaches can stress throwing, long tossing, throwing rocks at milk jugs, but if the kids don't do anything on their own, it is a lost cause.

One of the saddest things I see is the amount of kids that actually play during the summer. However, other than legion their only other opportunity is playing against college kids, and adults in the Del Rice league. Something definately needs to change.

TB Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by TB Sports »

I LOVE WHEN YOU GUYS LEAVE OUT VALLEY. thanks

BPG
Waterboy

Post by BPG »

Milk jugs, barn wall, wiffle ball sounds like a bunch of aging athletes that get
better the older they get. Memory fades from the actual truth, the more we
tell the story of hitting a milk jug floating 90 or 100 feet in the creek the more
we believe it. Four soc 2 teams have a combine loss record of 8 losses and
somewhere around 45 wins. That seems fairly good to me. It is a different time
and getting good at baseball is accomplished differently today than in years gone
by. I feel we still have some good baseball being played in this area. Players going
on to the next level almost every year. Let these kids play ball, they don't care how
many rocks you old guys threw in the creek.

wolfenbaker
Waterboy

Post by wolfenbaker »

Minford has a training facility at their school for thier kids to use to improve themselves but for some reason all you hear of is kids from other schools using these facilities. The same kids who are winning this year against Minford. What' up with that?

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

BPG, baseball is totally different than it was around this area. In the past 15 years, the overall talent/competition had gone hill drastically. The guys throwing at milk jugs are right. That helps your arm out a whole lot more than playing the Wii or pushing buttons on an ipod.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

wolfenbaker wrote:Minford has a training facility at their school for thier kids to use to improve themselves but for some reason all you hear of is kids from other schools using these facilities. The same kids who are winning this year against Minford. What' up with that?

Yes yes indeed. I would think if the pitchers on Minfords team were worked with as much as the pitchers there coach works with in the off season from other teams that Minfords pitching would be better. I see posts abot how bad Minfords pitching is but they don't get better if they only get worked with a handful of times in the preseason.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

is this a training facility for the minford baseball team? or a giving lessons on pitching and hitting for other schools facility.. wolfey and thrustonIII hit the nail on the head....iam sure that there are sum out there in minford that would volunter to open the facility for the minford players to pitch and hit during off season.. they can find another facility to give these lesson so minford kids would have time and the space to use this tax payer built and maintained facility...

get-r-done-oaks
Riding the Bench

I started this thread to get some ata boys out for the 2 teams that played the game the other night. How does it goto talking about the dominant teams of the league?

Return to “Baseball”