Riding the Bench

09 Eastern Eagles Baseball

Post by s&w 7 »

how they look with the injury to lynch?

achilles_1
Waterboy

Re: 09 Eastern Eagles Baseball

Post by achilles_1 »

Eastern will be fine. Lynch will be ready by baseball. Hes taking some time for basketball. He will be ready by the middle of basketball season. I dont know if he will be ready to catch. But Griffin is a very solid catcher, they will miss him at short but he akes up with it behind the plate. Eastern will be a tough game for anyone.

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Post by s&w 7 »

Anyone know who all will be playing different from last year?

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Key Players...
Titus Pierce- Pitcher- looked great over summer
Lake Lynch- Catcher- will bring alot behind the plate and at the plate
Zach Hendrix- 3rd- great hitter, good arm from the corner
Derrick Griffin- 2nd, SS, - Look for him to be the Offensive MVP.
These huys will be the key core of athletes who will stand out for them... the Kimes kid will help out alot... Coach Bowen always has his guys ready to play...

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I heard that lynch wasnt going to play baseball so he can focus on basketball in the spring

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

:122246 hmmmmm.....

Id hate to see someone with the talent he has to not play baseball but its his decision... he'll definately help out his basketball team this season... but id like to see him play baseball...

If he doesnt catch who will? Griffin?

bleacher coach
Waterboy

Post by bleacher coach »

I just went on the Eastern Local H.S. website & checked out their schedule. Wow!!! They will play some kind of schedule at some really nice places. Parkersburg,home & away,Parkersburg South H.S. @ Marietta College,Gallia Academy @ Rio Grande & @ home,Whiteoak @Chillicothe,Athens(away),Belpre (2) @ home & @ Meigs are some of their tougher non league games.

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

That sounds like a heck of a schedule, this Eastern team should be well prepared when post season comes around.

Would hate to see Lynch give up baseball.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Could be wrong but if Lynch did play baseball I doubt he would even catch. When he went down with the knee injury Griffen played great behind the plate and also played well over the summer. And I don't know how Jakes knee would hold up with the wear and tear of catching.

baseballmeigs
Waterboy

Post by baseballmeigs »

Eastern Is going to be no match for Meigs this Year.

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Post by s&w 7 »

baseballmeigs wrote:Eastern Is going to be no match for Meigs this Year.

Easy there man...Idk about that i think eastern is going to hand it to meigs this year...meigs also needs to watch out for southern!

Does anyone have any news if Lynch is playing yet?

baseballmeigs
Waterboy

Post by baseballmeigs »

Yeah ive heard some good things about both teams but ive notice that we got kids that sit in school all day and is like 6'7 its crazy how obese kids these days. All southeastern schools are great, but Meigs will come out on top

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Post by s&w 7 »

Honestly baseballmeigs, not taking anything from meigs, they are a good team, but i think the other two meigs county teams could beat them...Eastern is going to be a tough oponent for any and everyone this year. The tough schedule may not do any good for their record but it will get them ready for the tournament run!

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Regardless of who beats who amongst the 3 Meigs County High Schools in baseball, I think we can all agree that all 3 of the schools have excellent baseball talent and programs. It should be a good year for all of them.

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

Regardless of who beats who amongst the 3 Meigs County High Schools in baseball, I think we can all agree that all 3 of the schools have excellent baseball talent and programs. It should be a good year for all of them.

Well said FrozenRope9.

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Post by s&w 7 »

Good point FrozenRope.

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

FrozenRope9 wrote:Regardless of who beats who amongst the 3 Meigs County High Schools in baseball, I think we can all agree that all 3 of the schools have excellent baseball talent and programs. It should be a good year for all of them.

I could not agree more, baseball is without a doubt the best sport Meigs County as a whole has going!

Meigs league champions two years running! Eastern & Southern both making it to regionals the past two years! It's just a shame baseball can't pull in the crowd that our other sports get. Alot of peolple are missing alot of really good baseball teams!

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I talked to Lynch's brother and he says Jake will not be playing this spring

Memphis Raines
Waterboy

Post by Memphis Raines »

I hate to see this but I will admit that it will help his knee.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

grizzlyman wrote:
FrozenRope9 wrote:Regardless of who beats who amongst the 3 Meigs County High Schools in baseball, I think we can all agree that all 3 of the schools have excellent baseball talent and programs. It should be a good year for all of them.

I could not agree more, baseball is without a doubt the best sport Meigs County as a whole has going!

Meigs league champions two years running! Eastern & Southern both making it to regionals the past two years! It's just a shame baseball can't pull in the crowd that our other sports get. Alot of peolple are missing alot of really good baseball teams!

Ive seen a ton of ppl at Southern Baseball games. I remember at rio my junior year we were playing Ironton St. Joe for the district final and I honestly think we had 150 people there... or more... and i bet weve had close to 80 or more at a few of the home games over the past few years... The fans around Racine know that Souther baseball is alive and kicking... lol ...

But i agree with FrozenRope, All three will have a great year... and Back to Back Regionals for two cross county rivals these past two years, representing the TVC Hocking and all of SEO... one word... Awesome.

Im impressed with Easterns schedule... Some big wins against those schools will help them come tournament time, with the draw and overall playing in the league. But you cant pitch Pierce in all of those rough games... whats the pitching gonna be like?

And i talked to a player from Parkersburg's legion team who was from Parkersburg South and he said last season was the first year they have had a grass infield... We know where all there money goes to... But anyways... Best of Luck to Coach Bowen and Bissel in the upcoming season, well until you guys play southern... lol :)

Return to “Baseball”