Oak Hill Baseball 09'

MightyOaksFan
SE

Re: Oak Hill Baseball 09'

Post by MightyOaksFan »

As a matter of fact, I am.

But I also played baseball for Oak Hill and know that we made due with what we had. I just want our baseball team to get better. We can sit around and make excuses about why we aren't getting better or we can do something about it. I am one of those people that think that we can be good in everything, not just basketball or football. I think that we should put winners on the floor or field in every sport. There is no reason why we shouldn't if we work hard.

I also know that that "family" that you speak of is working very hard to bring the new field, and practice gym to our school. I really don't think we should sit around until the new practice facility is built to get better.

Doesn't the baseball team lift weights indoors but plays outside?

Foolsgold
Riding the Bench

Post by Foolsgold »

MightyOaksFan,

One, you really need to learn the difference between excuses and reasons. Two, as for the outside comment, you were the one who brought that up not me.

The point I have been making is that for any team to be successful you have to have support form the school, its athletic director, and its administration. They do not support the baseball team and that lack support is and has been blatant.

Why do you need another practice gym? You have two in the high school as it is. If you get another gym it will most likely restricted to certain people and sports as the other two are. y.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Here is my take on preparing for a spring baseball season. 1. priority is your pitchers. Are the pitchers allowed to throw baseballs inside? Squish balls won't cut it in this dept. Inside facilities are needed to prepare arms and condition the body. When you are expected to go outside and do these things in 30 degree weather is when injuries occur during the season. I can't think of too many schools that don't give spring sports the opportunity to practice inside their gyms.

Foolsgold
Riding the Bench

Post by Foolsgold »

Regulator, I agree with you. I believe you can distinguish the schools that do allow the spring sports to use the gyms by the teams that are consistently successful.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Didn't they build the fieldhouse with an area long enough for pitchers to throw.

I have heard the athletic director several times giving the baseball coach support and telling him to let himknow anything he needed.

In no ways am I putting blame on anyone, especially Darren Davis. Darren did well with what he had. I think that he was just stretched to thin. It is hard to work somewhere and then make it to the school for practice and be in communication with the administration, boosters, athletic director, etc.

I don't care if they are excuses or reasons or both. I just want us to return to respectability.

I don't know if you are a parent, player, or fan but if you are a player or if any players are reading this, just promise that you will work hard. Don't take a play off. Run on and off the field. Run each hit out whether it is the 1st inning and you popped out or it is the bottom of the 7th and you are the winning run. Work hard and don't disrespect the game.

jungleman
Riding the Bench

Post by jungleman »

when darren coached last year we did pitch inside but the ceiling is to low to do anything you can do is throw fast ball no breaking balls. we did not use the wiffleball machines nor the curveball machine that uses the sqish balls. we also have other machines that i dont know the name of but it has to do with timeing

our field needs a lot of work and we need to focus on the issue at hand and make this season a good one. we got a new coach with good intentions and coach kelley will do great as our coach.

jungleman
Riding the Bench

Post by jungleman »

yea
Last edited by jungleman on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Foolsgold
Riding the Bench

Post by Foolsgold »

MightyOaksFan,

How do you or anyone else involved expect the kids to not disrespect the game and play with pride and on the same hand tell them they are not good enough to use the facilities reserved for your favorite sports only. It all comes out to be nothing but lip service. Do you think the kids are not observant enough to know that the school and the administration could care less about them and their sport? Just because some make the EXCUSE that its no true means nothing to the kids that know they are looked on as second class.

You say you want them to return to respectability but fail to respect them to stand up for them even on a blog such as this one.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I guess I don't have all of the answers for you. I know what my team did to get ready for the season and we did not have luxuries to say the least. And I am also not one to tell them that they are not good enough to use the facilities. If I was in charge, yes they would be allowed to use the back gym for pitchers and for a hitting cage. Unfortunately I am not one of the powers.

Therefore,(and the meaning behind everything I have said so far) this is what has been handed to you. They can either take it and run with it or complain and wait a few more years and then complain again.

I'm not against you Fool's Gold. I am sure we have a lot of the same ideas and want the baseball team to succeed.

Oak_hill_studz
Waterboy

Post by Oak_hill_studz »

As a former Oak I can tell you that the pitchers indoors CAN through breaking balls. Lets not over exaggerate. The baseball team is dealt a raw hand but it's not that bad. In addition these blogs are bad for the players. The only reason I have commented on this one is because people come on here (usually adults or people not involved with the program) and say things like Oak Hill doesn't have talent. One year I remember talking to a classmate and they had no idea we had a baseball team. True story. They do have talent they just need some guidance and, if they can, get better methods of preparation as far as facilities go. I ask though that people not say they disrespect the game. There are kids in that school who eat, breathe and sleep baseball. They do respect the game. They themselves do not get respect. I do not recall one instance when a player refused to fix the field, prepare the field for a game, or go agaisnt a coach. Remember these are high school kids. Encourage them.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I don't think that they have disrepected the game the last couple of years. I was referring to a few years ago. I am not even going to go into what went on. I know the kids that are going to be playing and I know what Coach Kelley is going to ask of them so I am not worried about that.

Oak Hill studz: it is sad that others don't know we have baseball. I had several friends that were the same way. lol, and that was when the field was right beside the school.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

TUESDAY 31-Mar ROCK HILL AWAY 5:00
WEDNESDAY 1-Apr WHEELERSBURG HOME 5:00
FRIDAY 3-Apr MINFORD HOME 5:00
MONDAY 6-Apr PORTSMOUTH WEST AWAY 5:00
WEDNESDAY 8-Apr VALLEY AWAY 5:00
THURSDAY 9-Apr SOUTH GALLIA AWAY 5:00
FRIDAY 10-Apr NORTHWEST AWAY 5:00
SATURDAY 11-Apr SCIOTOVILLE COMM. AWAY 12:00