Who is going to win the SOC I in 2009?

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Re: Who is going to win the SOC I in 2009?

Post by CANNIBAL »

i believe clay panthers are going to win soc I, because they have a transfer by the name of collin mcclease wow that kid can atleast throw in the high 90's and has a crazy knuckle ball.

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

i hope your joking :lol:

CANNIBAL wrote:i believe clay panthers are going to win soc I, because they have a transfer by the name of collin mcclease wow that kid can atleast throw in the high 90's and has a crazy knuckle ball.

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

CANNIBAL-hello colin.

Like I have said before, NO ONE in southern ohio can throw in the high 90's. I'm betting there are only a few that can touch mid 80's, let alone consistently throw it.

SouthernohioSB
Freshman Team

Post by SouthernohioSB »

I seriously doubt that he throws in the mid 90's. I have only know about a handful that have. Mike Crotty(Valley) early 90's, Myers kid from Symmes Valley late 90's, there are a few others but don't remember names. Cook from Wheelersburg was not in the mid 90's; he was around 85-88. He was the hardest thrower in the SOC the last few years. Where is the mccleese kid from?

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

He does not throw anywhere close to 90 Blind-ump. I have seen him play numerous times, just someone trying to stir the pot.

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

he only throws mid 70's maybe

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

The Eastern Eagles will win the SOC in 2009.

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

Yes Colin can throw fast, but i don't think he throws high 90's. Most-likely high 80's.

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

your guns must be off or something cause ive played with him and watched him and he doesnt throw in the 80's. he was the number 3 pitcher at piketon last year. if he throws high 80's i throw 110 :lol:. im not saying he is a bad pitcher im just sayin he dont throw high 80's or in the 80's. there wasnt a pitcher in pike county this year or last year that throws high 80's, maybe ryan robertson i havent seen him throw in acouple of years

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

No one in Pike County can throw in the high 80's. Robertson might be able to hit mid 80's but not consistently throw it.
Colin maybe throws in the high 60's maybe touches 70. People it's just someone trying to stir the pot.

osubuckeye
Riding the Bench

Post by osubuckeye »

CANNIBAL wrote:i believe clay panthers are going to win soc I, because they have a transfer by the name of collin mcclease wow that kid can atleast throw in the high 90's and has a crazy knuckle ball.

I continue to see this come up...and I find it harder and harder to believe..lets just understand that there are a handful of High School kids in the country that can consistantly throw in the mid or even lower 90's...and for a High School kid to be able to consistantly control a Knuckle ball...I'm suprised this kid hasn't been picked up by the Yankess.

fungo7
Waterboy

Post by fungo7 »

Eagle_2 I haven't been able to get on and read some posts for awhile until now but i was just wondering where u got your information on Notre Dame barely beating Eastern the first time they played each other. From a good source, it was said that neither game was close between Eastern and Notre Dame and both games only went 5 innings and Notre Dame won both of them. From reading alot of the posts, Symmes Valley is the team to beat. This is not taking anything away from Eastern, Clay, Green, East,or Western they all have good players coming back and this should make for an interesting SOC I season. Everything is getting ready to start and let the games begin. Play ball

Mr_player
Freshman Team

Post by Mr_player »

osubuckeye wrote:

I continue to see this come up...and I find it harder and harder to believe..lets just understand that there are a handful of High School kids in the country that can consistantly throw in the mid or even lower 90's...and for a High School kid to be able to consistantly control a Knuckle ball...I'm suprised this kid hasn't been picked up by the Yankess.

I'm pretty sure the people that are saying these things are the kids...

and i'm also pretty sure its not very true either

catscoachmac
Riding the Bench

Post by catscoachmac »

I think 90's is that magical number that gets thrown out there when it's the fastest anyone has ever faced. It's assumed that he must be throwing that hard. It'd be great to have that kind of talent coming out of SOC I consistently. Can anybody think of the last player to come out of SOC I that could legitimately hit 90's?

I got to face legit' 90's 1 time at a college tryout (that I did not make the cut for...ha ha). I was trying out for Morehead State U and faced Jon Rauch who I believe is a set-up/closer for the Arizona D-backs now. That's a whole different world those guys live in.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

last guy i can think of from SOC 1 is a guy from symes valley who graduated in 2000 or 2001...i faced him, got hit by him too lol. he got drafted but was eventualy cut i was told. last guy i know of from SOC2 was josh green from minford. he graduated the same year the symes valley guy did, but he was drafted, and i beleieve he was cut or quit, cant remember

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

there was the myers kid from symmes valley and i think before him there was a manchild, i think his name was lyle or something but they threw gas and myers had a nice cutter as well.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

thats him, josh meyers...i couldent remember his name.

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Post by OneBunter »

Eastern has a chance, but do not see the committment, but from only a few players. I have heard others are playing basketball, working etc. that is great. The ones who were not doing those things well ??????

I guess we will have to wait and see?????

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

notre dame def. isnt the favorite anymore they lost all there seniors i look for clay to come out this year and be in the race for the soc

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Of course you take Clay, I mean heck they have The One & Only "Mcclease".....

Return to “Baseball”