Waterboy

Who is the TVC Hocking Divisions best Pitchers this year2009

Post by BIG DEBBIE »

lets hear who everyone thinks the best pitchers are, you need pitching to win

Cobra
Riding the Bench

Re: Who is the TVC Hocking Divisions best Pitchers this year2009

Post by Cobra »

The best pitcher will be Titus Pierce of Eastern. Last season he battled an elbow injury and didnt get a start until mid-season. This year he will stronger than ever, I look for him to get the defensive MVP.

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

Bryan DeLong will be one of the best.

Cobra
Riding the Bench

Post by Cobra »

The topic is about TVC Hocking not Ohio.

But yes Delong will be one of the top for the Ohio

baseballmeigs
Waterboy

Post by baseballmeigs »

Bryan Delong Is my #1 Fan haha Hes a beast and incredibly Built from scrap and nothing can destroy. He's a pitcher that i can going to root for this 2008 season. :-D

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Post by s&w 7 »

Guys come one this is suppose to be about the hocking not the ohio...yes like cobra said Delong is a great pitcher but he is not in the hocking...If Bryan harris plays he has the potential to be one of if not the best in the hocking. Southern could really use him this year!

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Post by s&w 7 »

Purple Gold wrote:Who else will Southern have .

Mike Manuel, Jordan Taylor, Kyle Cunningham, and there are 3 freshman lefty's that could fill in if needed....like i said harris would help, not taking anything from these guys but 3 guys and a couple freshman will make it hard to repeat...have to see the offence step up!

BIG DEBBIE
Waterboy

Post by BIG DEBBIE »

does anyone know anything about who miller has going for them this year?

Ruban9
Waterboy

Post by Ruban9 »

Tyler Thompson and Zach Burke did very well last year for FH. I look for Thompson to be the best pitcher of the TVC Hocking. He has been very effective the last two years and looks to be strong going into his Junior year.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

s&w 7 wrote:
Purple Gold wrote:Who else will Southern have .

Mike Manuel, Jordan Taylor, Kyle Cunningham, and there are 3 freshman lefty's that could fill in if needed....like i said harris would help, not taking anything from these guys but 3 guys and a couple freshman will make it hard to repeat...have to see the offence step up!

The lefty freshman your talkin about is the Custard kid... i watched him over the summer, give him a few years and he'll be a horse in that southern lineup... But this years TVC hocking top pitchers will be Zach Burke of Fed Hock and Titus Pierce of Eastern...

Memphis Raines
Waterboy

Post by Memphis Raines »

I agree with the above post, Burke this year and maybe next year if he remains healthy. By the time the little lefty gets to be a junior he should be a respected threat.

I think that Southern the past few years could have used a lefty pitcher.

Memphis Raines
Waterboy

Post by Memphis Raines »

I couldnt thik of his name for my earlier post but now that I have thought of it I will go ahead and say it; I thought that Wesley Riffle was going to that left handed pitcher that Southern was needing, but I guess that never worked out.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Tyler Thompson could be the premier pitcher in the Hocking. Burke will continue to be a solid hurler. Titus Pierce and Thompson are the Hocking's best chances to play at the next level.

Wes Riffle was an outstanding player and a fine young man for Southern but he graduated last year. I think he had opportunities to continue baseball but chose to concentrate on his education.

Memphis Raines
Waterboy

Post by Memphis Raines »

Yes he did graduate but I thought he would join his teammate, Ryan Chapman, at Rio Grande. But I have to respect the decision to look furter ahead at his future rather than the here and now.

J-co
Waterboy

Post by J-co »

Tyler Thompson and Zach Burke are animals, with Bob Vales to work with them it would be hard to argue against them. Tyler just keeps getting better, he can also make great contact batting so don't count out fed. Also coach Fox is a big help.

longball315
Freshman Team

Post by longball315 »

i think southern did just fine without lefty pitching the last couple of seasons....wes was very good player but he did really like to pitch...the last couple of rightes southern had were pretty good

Memphis Raines
Waterboy

Post by Memphis Raines »

I am guessing that you are speaking of Johnson and Chapman. Those two were pretty efective as a one two punch in 07. Chapman struggled a bit when Johnson graduated.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I agree with GW concerning Wes, he was an outstanding player for the Tornadoes, and a great young man. When I talked to him about continuing to play, he said that the opportunities to continue playing baseball did not coincide with what he wants to do from a schooling standpoint. The schools that offered him the opportunity to play did not have the academic major that Wes wished to pursue, so he opted to go to a school that had his major, and not chase the baseball dream.

You've got to admire a young man with that type of maturity and rationale thinking.

Memphis Raines
Waterboy

Post by Memphis Raines »

Yes sir, and I commend him for that.

Return to “Baseball”