Southern 2009

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Southern 2009

Post by s&w 7 »

Lets keep this one clean and not bash any kids.

Hows the weight room turn out?

Michelangelo
Waterboy

Re: Southern 2009

Post by Michelangelo »

Its going pretty good. Those lazy seniors need to get in there a little more. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I would agree with that. The other seniors need to take a look at Zack Ash, he is a warrior in that weight room.... :lol: ...on a more serious note, best of luck this year guys, see if we can beat Newark the third time around.

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

I wish you the best of luck. How do you think the TVC Hocking looks this year.

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Post by s&w 7 »

True true the seniors need to show up and lead! All are guilty. Practice is right around the corner lets hope the laziness doesnt carry over!

Waterboy

Post by 1990 »

I hope everyone is working hard. Seniors this is your last year. Good luck and lets have another good year.

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

Who are Southern's returning pitchers? Who are the best returning pitchers in the Hocking and who do they play for? IMO pitching will play a big part on who wins the Hocking.

royrp 2
Waterboy

Post by royrp 2 »

s&w 7 wrote:True true the seniors need to show up and lead! All are guilty. Practice is right around the corner lets hope the laziness doesnt carry over!

Im pretty sure the seniors arent gonna miss practice if thats what you mean!

royrp 2
Waterboy

Post by royrp 2 »

Charlie Hustle wrote:Who are Southern's returning pitchers? Who are the best returning pitchers in the Hocking and who do they play for? IMO pitching will play a big part on who wins the Hocking.

There are really alot of question marks as to who could pitch depending on who plays and whos willing to work.... but the only sure pitcher now is junior Michael Manuel....a couple other juniors could be thrown in the mix!
....Hopefully a senior who skipped last season will play this year...played fresh and soph year.... he would play alot....good arm and can hit spots well!

....a couple freshman could also see time this year.

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Post by s&w 7 »

royrp 2 wrote:
s&w 7 wrote:True true the seniors need to show up and lead! All are guilty. Practice is right around the corner lets hope the laziness doesnt carry over!

Im pretty sure the seniors arent gonna miss practice if thats what you mean!

I didnt mean skip practice. I was just talking about slacking. Laziness can be expressed in many ways.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

What is the date of Southern's first game and/or scrimmage?

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Post by s&w 7 »

Our first scrimmage in march. If the basketball team makes it out of the districts we will be playing two scrimmages without the players who play both sports. That is going to be a time for the younger kids to show what they have and maybe put some heat on other players for positions.
Last edited by s&w 7 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

How are you scrimmaging early in March? Official full-team practices aren't even allowed to start until March 9. Even if it were allowed, I don't see anyone being able to get a scrimmage in that early with how wet everything still is and I'm sure it will probably be pretty cold early in March.

February 23 - First day of coaching - Pitchers and Catchers only
March 9 - First day of coaching - full team
March 30 - Season Begins

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

Seems to me that the 9th comes early in March, so to say that a scrimmage in early March does not sound out of the question to me.

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Post by s&w 7 »

Well frozenrope i said if they make it past districts...the regional tournament is later in march. Read the post before you try to question someone!

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Wow S&W settle down...I wasn't questioning or ripping or criticizing or whatever you want to call it at all. You've obviously read too much into my post. Believe me, as a coach I'd love to be able to scrimmage as early as possible, and anyone who is able to do so, more power to them. My only question was how they'll be able to do it legally.
I'm pretty sure I read your post correctly....here's what you said in the very first sentence: "Our first scrimmage is early in march."

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

I am shocked coachs get on here and read and post. :122246 :122246

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Post by s&w 7 »

ok so that is what my first sentence says. But there are only three weeks between the 9th and 30th so a scrimmage isnt out of the question the week of the 16th.

Sports_Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Sports_Man »

I asked coach Lemley and he said Southern's first scrimmage is March 21st @ Symmes Valley. It will be without basketball players if the basketball team goes to the regional.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Yeah that's when most teams begin scrimmaging, the last week of practice before the regular season begins. Let's all hope for some nice dry, warm weather throughout this spring. Good luck to Coach Lemley and the Tornadoes in '09.

Return to “Baseball”