SE

Re: TVC Scores and Standings

Post by boilermaker »

Well Congragulations to the Mighty Tornadoes :roll: :mrgreen:

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

The Southernvs. Welston game for tonight has been cancelled and will be made up next week on Tuesday.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

What are records of Nelsonville and Alexander?

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

The Packard kid may not have pitched against Southern but Belpre was only able to manage 4 hits off Southern's SOPHMORE!..So I don't want to hear Belpre didn't pitch anyone, Southern threw a sophmore...Manuel pitched a great game!..Good win congrats to the Tornadoes!

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

redeagle, I don't see where someone was questioning anything? Did I miss something?

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

I think most of the Belpre fans would would agree, Southern played well, pitched great; Belpre didn't.
Too many errors, and two few hits.

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

redeagle, I don't see where someone was questioning anything? Did I miss something?

True, sorry I was just upset @ the effort the Eagles gave the other night.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Did Wellston and Southern play? If so what was the score?

stillballin
Waterboy

Post by stillballin »

Wellston beat NY tonight to run their record to 16-6. They did not play Southern.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Looks like a pretty good year for the Rockets, I think they were a very young ball club wasnt they :?:

Good luck the rest of the way :-D

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

^^^
boiler- They were bounced from the tournament by a 7-18 Unioto ballclub earlier yesterday.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

The TVC Ohio has had a terrible showing in the tournament. I don't think there are any teams left from this division.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

The TVC was down this year, no doubt.

Fed Hock was worried about plugging holes all year, then lost a top player b/c of grades to go with it, but still went 13-0 against TVC teams. In other years, this team would have faced some serious struggles on the offensive end throughout the whole season. There were some nice/experienced hitters on the team, but not enough to string hits together. Plus, they hit a total of six homeruns on the season, so power hitting was not there to erase the dependence on consecutive hits.

It seems like the league was young though, and I know FH had several frosh and sophs in the lineup with only two seniors. There are better things to come IMO.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Athens is going to come into the league and pretty much dominate from the start in baseball. I know Meigs will have a shot but Athens is going to be pretty good for a couple of years. They were turning the corner this year.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Federal was only undefeated in league play because they play in the TVC. It's as weak as I've seen in
years. :oops: Another disappointing tournament game for the Lancers. That's 3 years in a row they were
a top seed playing at home and lost. Maybe they should play better teams in the non conference part of
the schedule.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

freethrow wrote:Federal was only undefeated in league play because they play in the TVC. It's as weak as I've seen in
years. :oops: Another disappointing tournament game for the Lancers. That's 3 years in a row they were
a top seed playing at home and lost. Maybe they should play better teams in the non conference part of
the schedule.

That was the point in my post when I said that FH had holes and STILL went undefeated against TVC teams.

Here's my take on the tournament losses:

2008: This team was an overachiever all season long. They were young all over the field, and still won the TVC. After the first scrimmage I expected a 12-15 type of season. I am not ashamed of this team dropping out early at all. Crooksville has better players 1 through 9. FH's top may be better, but not all the way through.

2007: They were already replacing Springer, Barnhart, and Smith. Added to that, they lost Chadwell's defense and pitching to injury. They lost to Belpre 15-12 in the tournament. Does Belpre sniff 5 or 6 runs with Chadwell pitching? Think again.

2006: This one hurt. The team was built to roll, and were upset. The game was fast, and the later the game went, the tighter FH got. This happens to a lot of teams (ie. Zane Trace 2004).

The comment about non-conference scheduling makes no sense. FH was 13-0 in TVC play, and 5-7 in non-conference play. The non-conference schedule was not the problem. They were just not good enough to contend outside of a down conference.

If FH fans want to complain about tournament success, the baseball team is not the place to look. Rocky Brunty won more district games in 2003-2005 than the number of sectional titles the basketball team has won in the last 15-20 years. Put your embarrassed face next to that stat.

stillballin
Waterboy

Post by stillballin »

Athens beat Wellston in extra innings - Wellston started 5 soph and 2 Jr. I don't hardly think they are going to automatically come in and dominate. First of all the TVC held their own or was better than the SEOAL. Athens didn't dominate that conference so I don't hardly think they are going to dominate this conference. They will have a much tougher time than you think. There was a bunch of young teams. Meigs - Wellston - Belpre were all very young. Wellston was 16 - 7 and will only get better. Wellston also played Athens without Matt Lockard - 1st team all conference and District.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

While I agree that the TVC is down because of youth and is not as solid as the SVC, the splitting of the divisions (Ohio and Hocking) really boosts records and falsely ranks the TVC teams as a whole.

For instance, based on the results of inner-division games and cross-division games, I would rank this year's TVC teams as such:

1. Federal Hocking (13-0 against TVC teams, including Meigs and Belpre w/ large margins of victory)
2. Southern (mercied both Meigs and Belpre, split with Eastern, lost twice to FH)
3. Eastern (split with Southern, lost twice to FH)
4. Meigs (Ohio Division champ, could be above Eastern, not sure about placing those two)
5. Belpre (got Meigs once, and beat Wellston more recently)
6. Wellston (split with Belpre, lost twice to Meigs)

This puts the TVC in a different light IMO. All of these teams would have been better had they all played two leage games against one another. Games against bottom-feeders only weakens overall play. While I still agree that the SVC is better, it somewhat puts into perspective how Southeastern and Unioto would handle supposed 2nd and 3rd place teams.

This season, FH was already going to be a bit weaker than usual offensively. Adding to that was having one of their best hitters and overall players become ineligible in the middle of the season. To top it all off, FH ended the season with a 2 1/2 week span of having DH's canceled with decent teams, and then only playing 6 games over those 17 or 18 days. Those games included 4 teams that were total blowouts and a complete waste of time. FH was playing their absolute worst baseball at the end of the season, not counting a horrible opening scrimmage.

bcnu
Freshman Team

Post by bcnu »

Eastern advances !!!!!

Eastern 7-0 :mrgreen:

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

beecee wrote:Eastern advances !!!!!

Eastern 7-0 :mrgreen:

Great. Congrats to both Eastern and Southern. Both are solid teams with good pitching and coaching.

Return to “Baseball”