SEOPS H

Re: Wheelersburg vs. Hamilton Badin State Semi Final

Post by a_c_m »

Congratulations Pirates!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Fanosports and I were watching the game unfold in the extra innings and were both expressing our hope that Leach would get out of his slump and crack one. We both had to bail before the end of the game (Fanosports at the top of the 10th, I left at the top of the 11th), both wishing we could have stayed to see it play out.

Congratulations to this young man and the team on this big win. And to my buddy Fanosports, he was absolutely correct in his prediction.........which was, once the sun went down and the air started to cool, the ball was going to travel alot further and some would sail out. Glad he was right, and glad that it sailed out for the Burg.

I plan on being there Saturday for the final. Congrats to the Pirates!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

what a game and what an amazing finish. good luck on saturday

Concessionlady
Freshman Team

Post by Concessionlady »

Wheelersburg will be playing Bellville Clearfork who beat Independance 5 -0 in 7 innings.
Saturday at 1:00

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

That young man won't sleep for days! That is a memory that will last a lifetime!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

soccerfix wrote:What a knock. Lifetime memory for Caleb, his family, his team and the village of the Burg. 40 years from now they will still be talkin' about the BLAST.

You got that right!! A guy told me as we were walking out that Caleb just became an instant legend at Wheelersburg with that blast to left center and I agree. We will be talking about that monster shot for quite some time. I had just told the guy sitting in front of me at the game that Caleb was going to be the hero and win the game because he struggled so much at the plate all day. I was expecting a base hit or even a fly ball to get the runner home, but I'll take a first pitch walk off grand slam any day.

By far the best high school basebal game I have ever witnessed. It had everything you want in a ballgame. Great pitching, excellent defense, and timely hitting. The performance on the mound today by all 4 pitchers was just amazing. I think Elliott could have pitched another 10 innings if they had let him. He looked really strong on the mound and Bryce Hall did just as good a job himself getting out of two jams in the 11th and 12th innings.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it Saturday. Does anyone know if Sports Time Ohio is showing the games?

Good luck Pirates!! Bring home the gold!!!

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Nice Job Boys- was really concerned with some of the hitting thought coach would pinch hit for a couple of the boys- but leach pulled it out nice job- nice team work- ;-) Go Burg

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Very Nice plays tonight- Awesome pitching with Elliot and Hall coming in-very impressive defensive plays tonight- way to step up Caleb Leach under pressure and blast that shot over left field- what a great community and Southern Ohio crowd- thank you for coming out- that was awesome ;-) Go Burg

rabbithunter1999
Waterboy

Post by rabbithunter1999 »

CONGRATULATIONS to Caleb and the rest of the Burg team for what sounded like an amazing ball game. All of your hard work and effort is paying off. Win the State Championship for Wheelersburg and the rest of Southern Ohio. All the way Burg!!!!!!!

burgball2132
Waterboy

Post by burgball2132 »

The best ball game I've ever watched. Congratulations to Coach Estep and his staff and of course the BEST baseball team "Wheelersburg". Bring home the championship Saturday. We'll be there watching.

Great job by Andrew Elliott!! Way to hang in there 10 innings. Never give up.

QBear
JV Team

Post by QBear »

I think the games are on ONN.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I really enjoyed watching and being at this game yesterday. Both teams, as the old saying goes, left it on the field! Badin had several chances to win the game in extra innings but the Burg defense accepted the challenge. Burg made the most if its chance in the bottom of the 12th. Caleb hit a shot that was a no doubter. Congrats to all the Pirates and best of luck on Sat.!

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 807&Ref=PH

Check this link out for pics of the game. Celebration rounding third is priceless.

PinchRunner1
Waterboy

Post by PinchRunner1 »

Congratulations from the Valley Indians! Good luck to Coach Estep and the Pirates!

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

Had to leave the game early to get to Paints opening night, could not believe it when I heard about Caleb's Grand Salami!!! Great Job Caleb!! Great Job and Congrats to all player, coaches and fans. One more game to get the Trophy. Good Luck in the Championship Game.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

What a picture. That image and that moment will forever be remembered by everyone in this town.

This one is just priceless.

I wish they would gotten one of them all celebrating around home plate. Maybe Doc got one.

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

did anybody happen to get any video of this homer? caleb is my cousin and i couldnt make it up and would like to see a replay.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Check YouTube. I'm sure if any of the kids got it then it will be on there.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

I know Caleb's Dad and he has a big chest. It got bigger with one swing of a life time memory.

Return to “Baseball”