Re: SEOAL Scores and Standings

Post by swamisez »

Warren 12-11 over Marietta

Came back from down six runs I believe

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren trailed by 2 runs in the bottom of the 7th. After Nate Heiss reached on a fielder's choice, Tyler Spence, Cory Hooper and sophomore Zach Heath had consecutive hits to pull out the victory. It was Heath's first varsity start. Freshman Tyler Proctor got the win in relief. A very ugly game by both teams in the field and Warren had 3 runners thrown out on the base paths.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

ZvilleBlueDevil --

Not sure the batting average now, but he's really been hitting a lot better lately. Had an RBI double tonight, and was robbed of a two-run single on a shot up the middle because the secondbaseman was near the bag holding a runner. Got to get him into the weight room now, and work on his bat speed, too. I'm most proud that this career infielder has made a smooth adjustment to the outfield, and is getting better at it all the time. Thanks for asking!

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Vegas---Good Luck in tourney :lol: and ya should be proud ;-) not easy ajustment going fron infield to the outfield---Good Luck to the young man and your Blue Devils who will show them once again what the SEOAL is all about--- :-D :shock: :!:

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Thanks. My youngest is a pretty good athlete, and once his body matures, I think he could be a good one. In our program right now, it's good to be a freshman, because you get time to develop at the JV level some more before you have to start playing with the "big boys."

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Wow. Looks like the "ville" is pretty tough.

9697ironmen
Riding the Bench

Post by 9697ironmen »

any results from gallia portsmouth game tonight.

jackson 17 ironton 7 (6 innings)

sportfolio
JV Team

Post by sportfolio »

Games at Athens --
Warren 6, Athens 1 (1st game, Warren home team)
Athens 11, Warren 1 (5 inn., mercy rule) (2nd game, Athens home team)

Logan at Zanesville -- rained out in 2nd inning, will not be completed

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis 13 Portsmouth 3

GAHS will play at Warren Local May 7th for third place in the final SEOAL standings.

Friday, Blue Devils had two three-run homers (Nick Stevens and Ian Dressel), three triples, a double and six singles in win over PHS.

Jeff Golden won his third straight game and John Harcha was tagged for the loss. Both went the distance under the lights at Del Rice Stadium. Last two innings played in rain.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Tonite Athens seemed to be two different teams...

Game One found the Bulldogs leaving runners on base, making fielding and baserunning mistakes and just not getting into rhtym...

Game Two found the Bulldogs pounding the ball, getting great baserunning in certain situations and limiting the mental mistakes and just playing ball...

Not to come off sounding bad here but when was the last time Warren was Mercied by Athens? and Mercied in General?

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Not trying to make excuses but Warren had 3 starters out for game 2 with injuries and played it like a non-league game, getting a lot of kids in the game that don't normally play. Athens has made great strides with their program and Warren is down some this year but neither team is overly great as evidenced by both teams showings against Zanesville.
Warren was mercied by Zanesville on Wednesday and correct me if I'm wrong but that was the first time Athens has beat the Warriors since a sectional game in 2004.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Yeah your right...

Also, I was on that 04' Team...

9697ironmen
Riding the Bench

Post by 9697ironmen »

What teams have zanesville played non-league?

SEOAL NORTH.... is zanesville that good or the other teams down a little bit?

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

9697...a little of both. Z-ville is a very solid ballclub.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The league is a little down in baseball this year but with near 20 wins Zanesville is beating teams out of the league too.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

standings update at the top of page 2--as per LDN--05/02/08

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

9697 ...

The only loss was 3-2 to Licking Valley. They've also played and beaten Watkins Memorial, Meadowbrook, Coshocton, Philo (twice), Newark, Newark Catholic, Parkersburg South, Tri-Valley.

Games yesterday with River View and John Glenn were rained out and won't be made up. We are scheduled to play St. Clairsville on Monday, a makeup with Athens on Tuesday, then the DOC game and a regular-season game with Fairfield Union on Thursday.

9697ironmen
Riding the Bench

Post by 9697ironmen »

Z-Vegas, anytime a team goes through a season with only one loss is impressive. we are coming up there wednesday for the day of champions. it should be an exciting one. Zanesville as great pitching from what i hear, and the Ironmen put up over 12 runs a game, so it should be exciting. good luck to you and yours.

my question by no means was meant to be an insult to Z-ville

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

I didn't take it as one. Nature of the beast right now -- since we don't play anyone in the South Division, I don't think any of us have paid much attention to who Jackson has played, either. No problem.

But we do have pitching. I haven't looked lately, but I don't think we've given up 20 runs in the SEOAL this season. Strong defensively, too.

Should be good game. I'll probably be there since it's an off day for our JVs (which also won the North).

9697ironmen
Riding the Bench

Post by 9697ironmen »

congrats to both teams, i guess well just have to wait till wed.

Return to “Baseball”