SEOAL outlook for 2008

Army
S

Post by Army »

Look for Chillicothe to field a really good Baseball Team this season. The CAVS could be in the hunt this 2008 season.

9697ironmen
Riding the Bench

Post by 9697ironmen »

I had a chance to see Chilli play last year along with some other teams in the league, and i felt they were the best team 1-9 at the plate, and didnt they only lose 1-2 starters as well.

also does anyone have any info on thier catcher having a Major League tryout?

"Every strike brings me closer to my next homerun" -Babe Ruth-
bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

If their catcher was the Dawes kid he was a Sophmore last year. vry good player. Not sure about the Major league tryout.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Who is the coach at Jackson?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Good question.

IronmenTradition
Riding the Bench

Post by IronmenTradition »

Im not 100% surte on this but I think it's going to be Lance Rholston (not sure on the spelling.)
Went to Alexander and ended up playing on at Ohio State. He teaches Jackson Middle School and I'm pretty sure he is going to be the head coach.

swamisez
JV Team

Re: SEOAL outlook for 2008

Post by swamisez »

Ralston was a heckuva player back in his day.

The kids at Alex would be lucky to play under someone which so many games under his belt.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren returns a solid group of letterman, led by Daniel Wagner and Cory Hooper. Runs will be harder to come by with the graduation of Wynn, Proctor and Bonnette, but they will still score in bunches. Others with proven varsity experience are Tyler Spence, Justin Adams, Josh Ward and Jeremy Murphy. Warren's biggest weakness will be at pitching depth, with only two quality starters returning (Wagner and Ward). If some of the younger guys can step up they could make a run at Zanesville for the north division title. Don't count out Marietta though...lots of talent there too.

IronmenTradition
Riding the Bench

Post by IronmenTradition »

I think Jackson can compete very strongly this year. Pitching is probly the question for the Ironmen but Tyrus Coyan, Bruce Smith, and Anthony Malone are all pretty good pitchers. I think Jackson will be strong defensively and better at the plate this year also. They are returning a lot of starters and a new transfer (Chris Comer) from Wellston who is also a pretty good player. If they play to there potential they should have a pretty good year.

As for other teams in the south Chillicothe should be pretty good again this year, along with Gallia. Portsmouth and Ironton won't be too bad either. It should be a very interesting season this year.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Does anyone know if Portsmouth will be good this year ?? I havent heard anything yet.

chilltown
JV Team

Re:

Post by chilltown »

9697ironmen wrote:I had a chance to see Chilli play last year along with some other teams in the league, and i felt they were the best team 1-9 at the plate, and didnt they only lose 1-2 starters as well.

Seth is only a junior ,The rumor is he will be going to Xavier to play baseball like his father.His father made it to AAA. However with talent like his things could change at anytime.

Chilly's year will hinge on their pitching and whether Juniors can come up big . We have our best pitcher back (Dixon) and Speakman should have a big year. We will need Carey and Corzine to continue to improve on the mound as well as Van Voorhis . I believe Carey was 4-0 last year and he and Corzine were both brought up to pitch varsity . Another Junior D Webb will need to step up and give us alot of innings. Cavs only lost a couple of kids who played from last year . Hamilton and Carey were the 2 most consistant offensive players on JV last year . Hamilton is more of an outfielder which could be crowded . Carey is an infielder and can play 3b,SS, 2b , look for him to play all those positions this year . Our defense needs improvement and some kids probably need to be moved. Also look for Alex Grow to have a big year offensively. We will definitely have a lineup that can put up alot of runs , it will come down to pitching and playing alot better defense than last year.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Re: Re:

Post by Hitchbone64 »

chilltown wrote:
9697ironmen wrote:I had a chance to see Chilli play last year along with some other teams in the league, and i felt they were the best team 1-9 at the plate, and didnt they only lose 1-2 starters as well.

Seth is only a junior ,The rumor is he will be going to Xavier to play baseball like his father.His father made it to AAA. However with talent like his things could change at anytime.

chilltown,

You are correct in that Seth's father made it in AAA and he was a wonderful talent. However, what you are saying about Xavier is not only a rumor it is false. The kids cannot be contacted by the schools until later this summer. Also, we don't want these rumors spread as there may be other collget opportunities out there for Seth. Many people read these boards and we don't want to scare anyone off. I agree with the talent he has, the sky is the limit, but lets wait on this to play out.

chilltown
JV Team

Re: Re:

Post by chilltown »

hitchbone64 wrote:
chilltown wrote:

chilltown,

You are correct in that Seth's father made it in AAA and he was a wonderful talent. However, what you are saying about Xavier is not only a rumor it is false. The kids cannot be contacted by the schools until later this summer. Also, we don't want these rumors spread as there may be other collget opportunities out there for Seth. Many people read these boards and we don't want to scare anyone off. I agree with the talent he has, the sky is the limit, but lets wait on this to play out.

I have been corrected after talking to some insiders up in Columbus over the weekend . OSU is interested in Dawes ...

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Post by cavalier11 »

Chillicothe definitely should be able to contend this year. With 8 of 9 starters back, they definitely have the talent, and I agree with chilltown, it will all hinge on their pitching. If they can be consistent on the mound and on the field, they will be able to contend with anybody in the SEOAL. The good thing about this team is that they have a good number of juniors that will be there for two more years. Those include Dawes (C/P), Webb (3B/P), Grow (SS), Glendening (OF), Corzine (OF/P), and Carey (P). And they have much more senior leadership this year in Speakman(RF/P), Dixon(P), and Dennis(1B). All in all, this team should be pretty solid if they stay together.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Anybody have a master schedule for both SEOAL softball/baseball teams? Thanks.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

still looking for schedules for Warren

Highschoolsports.net has nothing for them

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Swamisez, try looking under Vincent Warren. All of the Warrior sports schedules are there.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Whose the favorite to win the league this year . Defending Champ's Zville looking good again this year should be exciting to watch there a bunch of sophmore's and junior's and i believe only 4 senior's that start.... Good Luck Blue Devil's ;-) ;-)

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Zanes-Vegas...Do you have a baseball schedule for the Blue Devils? thanks.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

SEOAL 2008

SEOAL NORTH

ATHENS 10-2
WARREN 8-4
ZANESVILLE 7-5
MARIETTA 4-8
LOGAN 1-11

SEOAL SOUTH

PORTSMOUTH 9-3
GALLIA 8-4
CHILLICOTHE 6-6
IRONTON 5-7
JACKSON 2-10

SEOAL NORTH CHAMPS ATHENS
SEOAL SOUTH CHAMPS PORTSMOUTH

SEOAL DAY OF CHAMPIONS

ATHENS OVER PORTSMOUTH
WARREN OVER GALLIA
ZANESVILLE OVER CHILLICOTHE
MARIETTA OVER IRONTON
JACKSON OVER LOGAN
Last edited by questionmark on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Baseball”