Re: Logan Baseball 2008

Post by Logangrad »

WOW! Nice way to start the season!

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Tough Day for LOGAN...

Varsity lost 7-6 and the JV lost 9-4 to ATHENS...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens-----101 212 0-----7 9 4
Logan------500 010 0-----6 5 0

Logan now stands at 1-1 in League play

Logan plays Fairfield Union tonight-Warren Friday and Lancaster Saturday in a twinbill.

as per LDN

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Logan cancelled ALL games (both jv and varsity as well as softball) with Fairfield Union tonight. Supposedly they were afraid it was going to rain. It didn't! The games were scheduled for a 4:30 start...lite rain didn't begin falling until after 6. FU practiced for 2+ hours and could have continued. These games should have been played.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

FrozenRope: We have been experiencing the same thing at Warren, cancelling games on the threat of rain at all levels from Jr High softball to varsity baseball. High gas prices have a lot to do with this.

20 years ago we played league DH's on Saturdays. The powers that be may want to look into that again.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Cap'nScoop....I can understand the high gas prices for SEOAL teams traveling say from Zanesville to Ironton etc.......but Logan to Fairfield Union is a very short distance (approximately 17 miles and 28 minutes according to yahoo maps...generic map Rushville to Logan). I'm not buying that excuse this time.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Fairfield Union was coming to Logan-if it had to do with gas it would be Union having the problem.

The area Logan's field is in has had problems with water this spring.The game being called could have been with the field too.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Frozen Rope; no disrespect here buddy, but before you go on a rant about what Logan did, maybe you should look at the schedule and know the facts first. You made yourself look dumb. You're griping about Logan and why they didnt come to FU and it was FU that was supposed to come to Logan. I would guess the ponds that form behind second base and short, caused a big part of the problem.

Congrats to Coach Mulrooney and the team for a solid start out of the gate.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Trust me 'buddy', I DO KNOW the facts and it happened exactly the way I said it happened. It was Logan who cancelled everything....NOT Fairfield Union. Yes I know the varsity game was supposed to be at Logan...if you would have paid attention to my post you would see that. Logan called FU and cancelled the varsity games and then when FU offered to play them AT FU, Logan said they wouldn't come because it might rain.
I'm not the one who brought up anything about gas prices, I was simply responding to another persons post. Also, didn't Logan (either varsity or jv...not sure which) play on their field Wednedsay against Athens? It didn't rain between Wednesday afternoon and Thursday afternoon, so I doubt there was standing water on the field.
Listen guys, I'm not trying to start anything with anyone....It's just frustrating because we finally get a couple days in a row where baseball could have and should have been played and the games are cancelled at the last minute simply because of a threat of rain. I just don't understand the logic, that's all. In Ohio you have to take advantage of ALL days of non-rain.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Cap'nScoop....I can understand the high gas prices for SEOAL teams traveling say from Zanesville to Ironton etc.......but Logan to Fairfield Union is a very short distance (approximately 17 miles and 28 minutes according to yahoo maps...generic map Rushville to Logan). I'm not buying that excuse this time

Yes I know the varsity game was supposed to be at Logan...if you would have paid attention to my post you would see that.

Sounds to me like you didnt in fact know that or forgot it for a second. If you knew it, then why are you trying to justify why Logan should have been able to go to FU based on geography vs. the cost of a gallon of gas?

Relax; its just a game. I would bet my house that there may in fact be one or two; possibly more; rain outs before its all said and done. And FWIW; Athens was played because it was a league game, so they lumped it through the water and ponds on the field to get that game in. It was more important.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Logan grad wrote:
Cap'nScoop....I can understand the high gas prices for SEOAL teams traveling say from Zanesville to Ironton etc.......but Logan to Fairfield Union is a very short distance (approximately 17 miles and 28 minutes according to yahoo maps...generic map Rushville to Logan). I'm not buying that excuse this time

Yes I know the varsity game was supposed to be at Logan...if you would have paid attention to my post you would see that.

Sounds to me like you didnt in fact know that or forgot it for a second. If you knew it, then why are you trying to justify why Logan should have been able to go to FU based on geography vs. the cost of a gallon of gas?

Relax; its just a game. I would bet my house that there may in fact be one or two; possibly more; rain outs before its all said and done. And FWIW; Athens was played because it was a league game, so they lumped it through the water and ponds on the field to get that game in. It was more important.

Logan Grad: All games are important!! If you can play you play!!! If it was scheduled for Logan and you can't go, the site should be switched to FU.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I am sorry but I tend to disagree a little. Games are important, but not all of them. League games come first in any situation IMO; and if there was to much water on the field or whatever the case was to justify to the powers that be that they didnt want to play the game, they must have had a good reason. With another league game tonight, something gave them their reasons.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

LoganGrad....I'm not going to argue with you anymore. All my posts on this subject have been completely factual and if you don't want to believe me that is fine. I think I'm close enough to the situation to know how it went down! But I've read plenty of your posts and if someone doesn't have the same opinion as you or they don't agree completely with you, all you want to do is name call and try your darndest to make them look bad. Therefore I will no longer post on this subject. It's over and done with and there is no sweat off my back like there seems to be yours.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I am sorry but I tend to disagree a little. Games are important, but not all of them. League games come first in any situation IMO; and if there was to much water on the field or whatever the case was to justify to the powers that be that they didnt want to play the game, they must have had a good reason. With another league game tonight, something gave them their reasons.

Frozen Rope; no disrespect here buddy, but before you go on a rant about what Logan did, maybe you should look at the schedule and know the facts first. You made yourself look dumb. You're griping about Logan and why they didnt come to FU and it was FU that was supposed to come to Logan. I would guess the ponds that form behind second base and short, caused a big part of the problem.

Congrats to Coach Mulrooney and the team for a solid start out of the gate.

Where did I anywhere at anytime call you or anyone else a name? Show me!?? Not at any time have I called you or anyone else a name on this matter. I didnt have to try anything to make you look bad, you did that all on your own. You're the one who was whining like a 8 year old girl (now; there; I may have called you a name) about why Logan wouldnt play FU in a game and didnt like why the reasons they gave because of it. So quit boo hoo'ing on this subject and this topic. All I said is that it looks like you really dont know why but if you do; then accept it but you're not happy about it. So what if they didnt play? Its the first week of the season; it was a non-league game that didnt mean as much as a league game does; try and get it re-schedule later on in the season. You came in to the topic sounding like the world was coming to an end and very angry because Logan shamed your beloved Falcons. As far as sweat being off of any body parts, this was the third or fourth post I have put on this site in months; I was checking in to see how the boys looked and ran into your whiny sappy post about "Why wont Logan play us" (in my best 8 year old girl voice).........You did the rest.....out!

osu*me
Riding the Bench

Post by osu*me »

when i was in high school, league games held seniority over other games.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan falls to 1-2 after falling to Zanesville 9 to 3

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

osu*me wrote:when i was in high school, league games held seniority over other games.

When I was in high school, playing as many games as you could in such a short period of time was a priority.

osu*me
Riding the Bench

Post by osu*me »

clearly, we went to different schools.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan-----000 000 0-----0 4 0
Athens----000 200 x-----2 1 1

Logan stands at 1-3----1-3