Minford 2008

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Re: Minford 2008

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

burgbacker wrote:when is Minford's trip?
Last edited by RogueWarrior1965 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thenino
Freshman Team

Post by thenino »

MinnyAckMack10 wrote:Program, i like what you're saying.

I will say minford is fielding one of the better teams in the area, but not the best yet, not until they win the games. And that can be said about any team in the area. Burg is SOC Champs 'til someone knocks them off, who better than minford :?: :!: :?:

I agree.. Minford will make the SOC race VERY interesting this season. Good Luck to the Falcons :!: :!:

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I know exactly where both schools are located. Pearl is an inner city school and Hillwood is on the west side of Nashville. For the moms making the trip, there is a very nice mall, just south of Nashville, 10 minutes on interstate 65. :mrgreen:

burgbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbacker »

I am sure that Minford has looked into this already, but the rules for out fo state travel for baseball are a little different this year. I hope it dosent affect their trip.

Will the kids miss school to go?

2) Out of State Travel
A baseball team may travel out of state to compete in contest scrimmages, previews and games in states or provinces in Canada that are contiguous to Ohio regardless of distance to travel. The states include Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. The province includes Ontario. Additionally, a baseball team may travel out of state one time per sport per interscholastic season to compete in states or provinces inCanada that are not contiguous to Ohio provided there is no loss of school time. A baseball team may not travel out of state to practice.

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/rglts/BB07-08.pdf

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

burgbacker wrote:I am sure that Minford has looked into this already, but the rules for out fo state travel for baseball are a little different this year. I hope it dosent affect their trip.

Will the kids miss school to go?

2) Out of State Travel
A baseball team may travel out of state to compete in contest scrimmages, previews and games in states or provinces in Canada that are contiguous to Ohio regardless of distance to travel. The states include Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. The province includes Ontario. Additionally, a baseball team may travel out of state one time per sport per interscholastic season to compete in states or provinces inCanada that are not contiguous to Ohio provided there is no loss of school time. A baseball team may not travel out of state to practice.

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/rglts/BB07-08.pdf

Minford won't miss any school to make the trip because the games fall on Minford's spring break.

burgbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbacker »

Good. I'm glad these kids are getting such a great opportunity.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I didn't think you could travel outside the contiguous states for scrimages?
Have a safe trip

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

It should be good for them to see what will probably be some good competition. No more big fish, little pond syndrome. Are the teams they will be playing very good??

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

What do you mean by big fish in a little pond?

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Bozo wrote:What do you mean by big fish in a little pond?

It means they did very well last year, and should also this year. It will be good for them to face some very stiff competition to get them ready for the season. It is good for a team to get outside scioto county sometime and see how it is other places.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

IRONFALCON wrote:
Bozo wrote:What do you mean by big fish in a little pond?

It means they did very well last year, and should also this year. It will be good for them to face some very stiff competition to get them ready for the season. It is good for a team to get outside scioto county sometime and see how it is other places.

It will be good for our Minford Falcons to go out and play some "stiff competition". Hey, what do you say we go to every game this year. I think besides the trip down to Tennessee we can make all of these games easily. So how bout it ??

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Sounds good, the more support from the community these boys get, the better off they'll be. I look for this team to make some noise this year.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

IRONFALCON wrote:Sounds good, the more support from the community these boys get, the better off they'll be. I look for this team to make some noise this year.

I agree 110 %.

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

i think this will be a very solid team this year. good leadership.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

i think the falcons should do well this year ,as long as sum dont get the big head . but i know that coach martin will not let this happen. just keep working hard falcons . went by the field yesterday and seen sum work being done concrete trucks.man coach martin nevers stops improving the field he is a blessing for falcon baseball keep up the work coach!! go falcons.. 8)

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Here is the schedule for the 2008 MIGHTY MINFORD FALCONS :

Mar. 17 Jackson (Scrimmage) Away
Mar. 25 Portsmouth (Scrimmage) Away
Mar. 27 Gallipolis (Scrimmage) Away
Mar. 29 Eastern Meigs (Scrimmage) Away
Mar. 31 Zane Trace Home
Apr. 1 Huntington Ross Away
Apr. 2 South Webster Away
Apr. 4` Oak Hill Home
Apr. 5 Peebles (Double Header) Home
Apr. 7 Valley Home
Apr. 9 Northwest Home
Apr. 10 Lewis County Home
Apr. 11 Waverly Away
Apr. 12 Eastern (Double Header) Home
Apr. 14 West Away
Apr. 16 Wheelersburg Home
Apr. 21 Oak Hill Away
Apr. 23 Valley Away
Apr. 25 Northwest Away
Apr. 26 Coal Grove (Double Header) Home
Apr. 28 Waverly Home
Apr. 30 West Home
May.2 Wheelersburg Away
May.5 South Webster Home
May.7 Ironton Home
May.8 Zane Trace Away
May.10 Piketon ( Double Header) Home

Not sure why the games down in Nashville aren't on here.....Ohh well. Good luck to the boys and hopefully this season will be a very special one to the Mighty Minford Falcons !

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Also look for the bleachers to have stadium type seats. Nice and comfortable. Minford continues to have one of the nicest facilities in the region. The team is working hard and you know Coach Martin and Co. will have them focused and ready to play. This team subscribes to the family philosophy, so there will be no need to worry about egos or anyone getting the big head.

wolfenbaker
Waterboy

Post by wolfenbaker »

Congratulations to Jared Farmer for signing with Mt. Vernon. Have seen him play the last couple years, a very good pitcher and all around baseball player. He's fun to be around and a very respectful young man. Good luck this year!!!!
:razz:

SEOfuturecoach
Waterboy

Post by SEOfuturecoach »

The field looks nice already. Seating is great! New concrete poured last week! What an amazing job Martin does!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

SEOfuturecoach wrote:The field looks nice already. Seating is great! New concrete poured last week! What an amazing job Martin does!

He does do an amazing job. Tonight is the first scrimmage. The Mighty Minford Falcons take on the Jackson Ironmen. I don't know if I will be able to make this game but I am sure going to try. Good luck Falcons.

Return to “Baseball”