South Gallia Baseball

smartguy06
Freshman Team

Re: South Gallia Baseball

Post by smartguy06 »

Wow, this new coach must be one of a kind if he can win 10-plus!!!!!!!! Like Future said, if he can just get them back to the plateau where they have been (5-8 wins per year...I never realized they won that many :? ) they will be okay.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

2007------4 wins (Wells, Stanley, and Cardwell)
2006------6 wins (Wright, Fulks, Wells, and Cardwell)
2005------7 wins (Pelfrey, Wright, Fulks, Wells, Cardwell)
2004------9 wins (Merrick, Workman, Halley, Clary, Lee, Wright, Fulks, Lampier, and Pelfrey)

These were the main contributors to the wins.....2004 we upset state ranked Mowrystown WhiteOak 4-0. 2005 we upset ranked Symmes Valley.....2006 we upset ranked Reedsville Eastern....2007 we upset 3rd ranked ironton St. Joe 6-4.
Last edited by Futurebkstar on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Not to mention when Brace took over, the previous South Gallia team was mercy ruled every game but 3. One of them they were winning but the game was called due to fighting. Wow, he had his hands full and in his first season his team was mercy ruled just 3 times and 2 of them were to a very good Fairland team.

Goodluck to the Rebels!!!

smartguy06
Freshman Team

Post by smartguy06 »

Future,

I didn't mean to hit a nerve...I just didn't realize you all won that many. I try to keep up on all tri-state sports/teams. You filled me in on something I did not know...THANKS!

Duckhook
Waterboy

Post by Duckhook »

I do believe that the coach that was before Brace had many freshman players that learned a lot in the few years before Brace. Many were thrown into roles of playing evey game and not getting a lot of time to learn before starting varsity. I do believe that Brace reaped of this come those kids junior and senior years (9 Wins).

Just saying.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

They might of learned a little but trust me it was a challenge. That team had absolutely no discipline whatsoever. Brace had to kick the best player off the team and then they responded in beating a state ranked whiteoak 4-0. Its hard to take a 0-22 team and make them a 9-12 team the followin season. Your right they learned alot.

I guess you had to be around to understand. Like I said before they were mercied most games and finally they were ahead and their bench cleared to fight.

Run & Gun
Riding the Bench

Post by Run & Gun »

Remember... It's never too late to get a mound!!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

When you have no smoke blowers its a home field advantage!!!!!LOL

threesportathlete09
Riding the Bench

Post by threesportathlete09 »

Hey future can you enlighten me on the kid's name who plays for S.G. I think he is a sophmore or junior this year. My summer team played against his this past summer, he is a pitcher and he threw like high 70's to mid 80's but didnt have much control. I am not even sure if he threw a strike. Needs work but can be very good. I think it was hagerty or something like that. Just wondering because we play them at the VA this year.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Actually he plays for Symmes Valley!!! He played for me over the summer. Last name is Hatfield!!!!

He played a fall league at Rio Grande and led the league in K's!!!!Very good kid!!

SW HIGHLANDER GRAD
Waterboy

Post by SW HIGHLANDER GRAD »

FUTURE do u really think that the team will take a while to get to where they were last year or the past few years, doesn't the new coach know anything about baseball. I heard he's good at baseball and know's the game. 10+ wins this year would be good and i think thats a goal they should work for, and if they work hard and listen to what the coach is trying to teach them they'll do fine. Heard the pitchers would be about the same one's they had last year and that the Stanley kid curve ball is looking good. Hope Wells and Cardwell being SR's this year they need just stay calm when their pitching and not let thing get to them to easily.Good luck REBELS. :aaaaa32
I won't get to see any of the games but i've got people who will give me updates as the season goes by 8) . But if i get the chance i'll try to make one of the games.

Duckhook
Waterboy

Post by Duckhook »

Future,

I do believe that the old coach before Brace returned to college to finish his degree. That is why he wasn't around. During that time he assisted at RV, not a good team but a few wins. Later though helped with Mighty Derrow to win 19 games last year only to take a disapointing loss to Southpoint in the sectional championship. How many games did you attend when the coach before Brace was around future?

Just dropping my two cents.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Yes, I think setting 10 wins a season is a good goal. If you read all my previous posts I stated that Sullivan knows baseball. He will be good for the program. I was talking about this season. Key losses from kids not coming out.(The whole outfield)

Pitching will be the same and I think Stanley will be the man by the time its over. He really stepped up last year as a Sophmore. I just dont think they can get to that plateau with their defense. South Gallia's hitters stuggles alittle last season but played very good defense. Thats what we tried to emphasize.

I do believe that the old coach before Brace returned to college to finish his degree. That is why he wasn't around. During that time he assisted at RV, not a good team but a few wins. Later though helped with Mighty Derrow to win 19 games last year only to take a disapointing loss to Southpoint in the sectional championship. How many games did you attend when the coach before Brace was around future?

Just dropping my two cents

As for the comments about the above, I think I know who this is and I dont believe Cory was coming back no matter what he decided to do. As for him helping the mighty Derrow win 19 games, he was doing this way before he got there. As for the question how many games did I watch before coach Brace was there......Well, every football game, every basketball game, and over half of the baseball games. Brace was coaching basketball way before he coach baseball. How many Football and basketball games did Cory attend? LOL thats what i thought

Duckhook
Waterboy

Post by Duckhook »

You know I'm not going to resort to this childish immaturities but I do have to correct something. Last year was Derrow's first year as head coach of the baseball team. I know for a fact that coach Camden was called by Derrow himself to be an assistant on the team. Take it for what it's worth.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I dont disagree with you on your statements other than he had those kids playing and learning. They were totally out of control when he coached at South Gallia. i think he was way to young to be a head coach and has grown up over the years. We actually played Wellston last season and should've won the 1st game of the doubleheader but actually over our heads!!!

I am going to call it truths....The only thing I really disagreed with was the years he was at South Gallia. They never won a game while he was there. I remember coming to a game and just recently bought 3000.00 uniforms. They were getting beat 20 something to ZERO and a South Gallia kid struck out late in the game ran over to the dugout and did a Pete Rose slide in the mud. Also, not to mention at East they had a collision at home plate and South Gallia's benched cleared running out to fight. They went 0-23 and then the next season under a new coach won 9 games.....I just take it personal when our team and the kids worked so hard to get shorthanded like this.........

MY TWO CENTS

Duckhook
Waterboy

Post by Duckhook »

You know future I have no beef with you. I just have a hard time when people down other who had a vision and yea coach camden was young but he tried to create for the kids who didn't always get things that the other kids in the county had. Coach camden may not had been the perfect fit but he was willing to take on a task maybe he failed and maybe he built for the future but what ever it was it is over now those kids moved on and the team has won and kept winning wit h coach brace. I know coach camden made mistake, he was young and sometimes consumed with other matters. Have you ever been young or made a mistake future? People grow up and mature. I know for a fact coach camden watched from a distance and still have good bonds with many of his old players.

So truths future, I know camden has many other fasets in his life to worry about like the birth of his new son jan, 19th.

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

Why do people get on here and try to put others down and try to jack there own credibility up. Then on top of that talk about themselves in the third person, I thought only a professional and dumb*** would do that sort of thing.

Duckhook
Waterboy

Post by Duckhook »

Rat

Nobody is boosting their own credibility. I see you all the time at courtside there is no reason to start an argument by calling others names. I have nothing but the up most respect for you and what you have done with your teams. Good luck on future ventures.

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

#1 Ithinks it is pretty bad to talk about yourself in the third person. #2 I have not been in Courtside for about 8-9 years.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I am going to make a point on this. Baseball and softball are the hardest sports to win at at South Gallia because of the schedule. The games are played at 5:00 or 4:30 and the travel and daylight limits who SG can play in those sports. Everyone has their positives and negatives. Each of the previous coaches added to the program in one way or the other. When Coach Camden took the job the program had been ended the year before. He helped to bring it back. Coach Brace was what the program needed at the time he took the job. Coach Brace's job truly keeps him from being able to coach baseball this spring. Coach Sullivan now takes over and will try and take it to the next level and will build on everything from the past to make it better. He has then working hard and has made major imporvements to the field! It actually looks like a baseball field now and will be alot safer for the outfielders!

If you all want to blame someone here I am, so lets get this to where it needs to be, ABOUT THE KIDS!

The baseball team has a scrimage tonight at Rock Hill and want to wish them the best.
Last edited by MTSWNGRVSG on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Baseball”