Best TVC Players in the last 5 Years

seohhoops
Freshman Team

Post by seohhoops »

G W McLintock wrote:Cory Bean is on the team at Mount Vernon. Ryan Thomas is at Rio Grande and Tyler Chadwell is at Ohio University.

Jake Hale is at OSU. Hands down the best on the hill in either division the last 5 years.

Orestes
S

Re: Best TVC Players in the last 5 Years

Post by Orestes »

Hale was definitely the best pitcher in terms of being a pro and college prospect. However, there have been others who have been better in terms of pure high school production.

OSU football has recruited guys based soley on the future. They were guys who did very little at the high school level. Meanwhile, big numbers guys sometimes don't get an OSU offer. Still, the guys with the big stats were better "high school" football players. They just didn't have the ceiling (natural ability, size, frame, speed, leaping ability, arm strength, etc.)

I'm not saying Hale wasn't a good high school pitcher. I'm just saying Chadwell, Barnhart, and Grimm were more productive as pitchers in high school games. Hale was the better future prospect as a pitcher at the college and pro level.

Never, ever would Chadwell been put in a position where he gave up 6 or 7 runs to a TVC team (FH), or would he have even been pulled against Belpre after giving up 8 or 9.

seohhoops
Freshman Team

Post by seohhoops »

First, very good post. But that poses a few questions to me. Chadwell never gave up 6 runs to a TVC team? I agree that he is probably in my mind the second best pitcher. But, he also, in my opinion, had a better defense than Jake did. Both young men are very very good pitchers in high school and hopefully even better at the DI level. Thanks for the debate Orestes, again great post.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Hey, that's the first time I've ever been thanked for debating :-D

I know that Chadwell in his junior (and last) year of pitching, did not give up more than 3 runs in a single game, including unearned runs. Yes, FH probably did have better team defense, but they have never been known for great defensive play. Chadwell's junior year was probably the best, but they were still more known for a couple ace pitchers and Rocky Brunty style gorilla ball :lol: note: gorilla ball ====== opposite of small ball.

Again, Hale was and is very good. What he's doing right now is enough proof for anybody. It's great to see him doing so well at the next level. He'll be making money to play baseball if he chooses to do so, and not many people will ever get the chance to do that.

CHFan
Waterboy

Post by CHFan »

I know this is pushing the 5 year limit of the topic, but Nelsonville-York had a kid that graduated in 2002 that played varsity ball all 4 years of his career that could flat out do it all on the diamond. Unfortunately, you can only play one position at a time. He threw several shutouts during his career. Hit for power, hit for average, speed on the bases and when he played infield, nothing got by him. I remember several diving catches in Centerfield that he made that were sure doubles! He got college offers but decided on dedicating himself to his future of becoming a Doctor. The Buckeyes have been down since then but some kids are coming up starting with this year's freshman class that could make a difference in the next couple of years. I can't wait for the season to start!!! Go Buckeyes!

1wish
Waterboy

Post by 1wish »

Eastern the last 5 years

sp:Young, Ryan smith, Joel lynch all pitched in the big won at lancaster
C: terry durst
1b:ben holter, joel lynch
2B: brad brannon, ken amsbery
ss: cory shaffer, Chris lions
3b: matt morris

Best hitter; Jimmy Puttman

miss anyone let me know

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

Josh Pugh

junkie
Waterboy

Post by junkie »

You all seem to have forgotten one player who may have had the biggest impact on a team....maybe even an entire school that i have ever seen

Adam "Ron Jeremy" Husk

dish it
Riding the Bench

Post by dish it »

Nick Springer is playing at marietta. He could really crush a ball and not to bad of a third baseman

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

dish it wrote:Nick Springer is playing at marietta. He could really crush a ball and not to bad of a third baseman

Yea he was tough!!!

1 wish... i like your selections as well...

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Cole Brown from Southern had the potential to be a great pitcher, but unfortunatly his head wasn't in the game.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Maximus wrote:Cole Brown from Southern had the potential to be a great pitcher, but unfortunatly his head wasn't in the game.

I hear you there...

student of THE ROCK
Waterboy

Post by student of THE ROCK »

I'm a little late on this thread but I've gotta throw in my 2 cents. Brad Grimm was an amazing pitcher and is definately one of the best to play in the TVC, but I think that Nick Springer is the best that I have watched play. When fed hock was in a tight spot and nick was coming up you knew that things were gonna change because he made things happen at the plate. He could kill the ball and seemed to do so whenever he wanted against any pitcher. I've heard rumors that he actually killed a pitcher in a game. Don't know for sure but that's what I heard. Any way he's an amazing hitter and I look for him to do well at meriatta.

Return to “Baseball”