Wheelersburg vs. Portsmouth II

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg vs. Portsmouth II

Post by burggrad82 »

08' Pirate wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:anyone know how many hits Burg had?

Burg only had 3 hits last night, Wes Lyon, Aaron Hopper, and Andrew Elliot were the only ones who had hits. Burg had an off night at the plate.

Maybe they should give some other kids a chance to hit. Just an idea

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

Catch24, well said, and glad that you will have your two girls and my wife said congrats should be said for the boy on the way, to carry on those traditions at the Burg, try to get your wife to the games so the boy can start hearing the crack of the bats before he even becomes a pirate-lol! Congrats man!

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Thanks Vols! She would like to get to some games, she's just not doing well right now. In fact, that's why I had to miss last weeks game @ OSU and against Ports. He'll get his share of hearing the crack of the bat though and I would say probably around a year old, we will start blocking drills :122245

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Backdoor, I kind of agree with you, but then I kinda DONT! Go ask the kids what they want. They want to win!! It is very competitive and very stressful for sure. I dont think the tradition is on their mind, I think its more the parents on their back to be honest. But that is how it is. Cant escape it and these fans on here, including me! cant wait for each game. So you live with it and cheer those kids on. I dont see a downside other than kids getting burned out early and not wanting to play, but there are always others to fill in if you slip up. Hey, college is expensive and you must perform or get lost!! Just kidding!!

Forums take the fun out of it for sure, but we cant help giving them our support like we gave our all when we played. And I did to the best of my ability just like other posters have. I dont look for Burg to be able to continue this wave of winning in any sport at all times but it sure is nice when you can come on here and root for them and they win. I have grandkids that are hitting the stage in 5th grade and I will be there to support her. I know she will have the best coaches in this area so far and if SHE wants to win, she needs to try as hard as she can to make the teams she is trying out for. Just the way it is. I will not go to practices or scrimages but I will go to games. I trust the coaches and my grandkids abilities. But if they cry foul, I will look into it but that is all. I have trust in the coaching at Burg to not get involved.

WOW, I cant believe I typed all that but that is my stance. I hope you find a game you can just sit back and relax. I cant. Too competitive!

backdoor54
Riding the Bench

Post by backdoor54 »

Haha.. im glad that I got a response.. I think I was misunderstood.. Nowhere did I say that it didnt matter who won and lost or that it wasnt the point of the game, and I never stated that everyone should play or anything of that nature, so im not sure I get the tee ball comments. I am not looking for a sport to just sit back and relax. I only meant that baseball is more relaxed than football and basketball; and it is, due to the pace of the game and the amount of games in the regular season. Football is more intense because there are only 10 games and because of the all out war on the field. Basketball is fast paced, action packed, and physical. I happen to like baseball better than the other two, but I do admit that baseball is a little more laid back due to a slower pace. I understand Wheelersburg's mentality as well as anybody else. My question was only if anybody felt like baseball itself was not good for the forums. Since asking this question iv decided on my own, however, that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The reds are analyzed every day on 700 am before the game, and they play 162 games or whatever they play. I do feel like the other sports are better suited for forums still though. The only downside is putting added pressure on a team and a group to do something that only one team does out of the whole state. There is nothing wrong with great expectations or with pressure, but sometimes they make it harder to enjoy yourself while playing a great game.

Return to “Baseball”