Wheelersburg Pirates SOC II Champs ?

Catch24
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates SOC II Champs ?

Post by Catch24 »

It looks as if we may play Greenup on 5/13/08. I would guess that we'll go over there.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Great Job on another SOC II Championship!! Keep ur head on straight an We'll be rooting u on for a STATE TITLE!!!

Air Force I
Waterboy

Post by Air Force I »

Congrats to the Burg

If they do play Greenup, I think it will be a good game, Greenup has given the Burg trouble the past couple years.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Greenup could well be the toughest team that Wheelersburg has faced this season. They have been doing very well.

Enemy of State_98
Riding the Bench

Post by Enemy of State_98 »

I think this would be a great game for the burg to add just before their tournament start. Greenup could give them by far their best challenge all year.

Air Force I
Waterboy

Post by Air Force I »

Greenup is a very talented club, as is Burg. If I were the coach of either team I would try and get this game scheduled to see great competition before the tournaments start.

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

Would be another good matchup, and hopefully they play at the Burg this year and capture some revenue at gate sale and concession, as we have given that up in the past for whatever reason, this game always brings a pretty big crowd but for some reason we keep forgetting that and travel over the bridge to give it away along with a home field advantage. The last time we played at home I believe was 4 years ago. Whatever happens, I hope they play somewhere.

Congrats to the Pirates on another great season, keep it going on into Tourny Time.

morrissette#18
Riding the Bench

Post by morrissette#18 »

Webster is playing a make-up game against burg tonight and we're looking to ruin the perfect season.

Enemy of State_98
Riding the Bench

Post by Enemy of State_98 »

I think if the Pirates play their game and hit the ball like they can then they should come out with the win in 5

Legacy_11
Waterboy

Post by Legacy_11 »

I agree that the Pirates should come out with a victory in 5 innings

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Congrats to the entire Burg baseball team and program but especially the 8 seniors on this team. If I remember what was said last Friday night at senior night, here is a rundown of the past 3 seasons.

Overall, these seniors have amassed some impressive accomplishments which include the following:

1. 71-9 over the past three seasons

2. 3 consecutive S.O.C. Championships

3. 3 consecutive Sectional Championships

4. 1 District Championship

5. 1 Elite Eight appearance

Hopefully this year we add more to the resume come tournament time.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

with 8 seniors it makes me wonder what will happen next year. i know they will have 2 awesome jr's next season, but they will be loosing a lot of talent

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

I dont see them running the table like they have done, but they will still be a very good team.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

They will run the table again next year they are that talented in the junior and sophmore class. IMO...

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

burggrad82 wrote:They will run the table again next year they are that talented in the junior and sophmore class. IMO...

I agree. I don't think they will miss a beat next season. They will have at least one solid pitcher in Andrew Elliot and I hear that Matt Montavon and Justin Boyer are throwing really well in JV ball. Another solid catcher is in the wings with Brandon Leach, they get their first baseman back with Bryan White, have Nick Kemper for a solid 2nd baseman, Aaron Hopper and Zach Brown for the outfield, and Brandon Hall at 3rd. So that only leaves SS(Boyer and Elliot more than likely when they aren't pitching) and one OF position to fill and I'm sure there are kids that can step right into those positions and not miss a beat. All of these kids hit very well too, so I think it will be another stellar year next season. They may not go undefeated like this group has so far, but they will be very solid and very competitive.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

i hope it will put a little more of a spot light on southern ohio baseball. seems like our area gets skipped over year after year. not trying to make anyone angry, but i get sick of hearing about all the talent in gallia and surrounding counties. we have it right here in scioto county as well

Air Force I
Waterboy

Post by Air Force I »

Aren't the pirates still playing this season? Why are you starting to talk about next season when this one's not even over yet...The Burg looks like they've worked very hard to get where they're at this season. At least let this one end before there's talk about NEXT season.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Air Force I wrote:Aren't the pirates still playing this season? Why are you starting to talk about next season when this one's not even over yet...The Burg looks like they've worked very hard to get where they're at this season. At least let this one end before there's talk about NEXT season.

Because someone asked, that's why.

Lighten up, Francis. :roll:

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

GOOD LUCK !!
Bring home the hardware, and get that ring. Possibly Southern Ohio might get some notice in Columbus, if you do.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

I agree that we should still be focused on this season, and we are, but I have to comment about next year.

This quote caught my eye
with 8 seniors it makes me wonder what will happen next year. i know they will have 2 awesome jr's next season, but they will be loosing a lot of talent

The same exact words were said by everyone after the 2006 Regional season. We were loaded and lost a ton of talent to graduation (6 starters) which 4 players went on to play college baseball. What did we do in 2007 w/ only maybe 2 everyday starters? We went 24-3.

This current group is a load of talent and will not be replaced easily. But we have guys waiting to jump on the opportunity of being everyday players and continue to win.

As the saying goes, "we reload, not rebuild".

But again, this group still has some great things to accomplish and are working to continue to improve. This is a special group that can reach their goals.

Return to “Baseball”