Greenup vs Wheelersburg

drrabbit
All State

Re: Greenup vs Wheelersburg

Post by drrabbit »

The last time Wheelersburg went undefeated in the regular season except for a single loss to Greenup--well lets just say the season turned out pretty good...

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

Greenup has a good team Congrads. I thought there were some bright spots for Wheelersburg Adam hit the ball well, and Jordan pitched 3 no hit innings before being pulled. We'll get back on track Friday.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

sounded like a great game 8)

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

No not hurting, we have a game Friday that he will throw and thats all he was going to pitch against Greenup.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

I don't know his name but his number was 3

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Congrats to Greenup on the victory. Last night, they were the better team. The boys from Burg will be back at work today. We just need to focus on the job at hand come Friday.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Congrats to Greenup on a fine win last night against the Pirates. This was exactly the type of game that Wheelersburg needed just before the tourney.

Greenup pitcher was solid and was able to locate his pitches pretty well and pitched a nice game.

Russell pitched well and got his needed work in the 3 innings. Difference in the game was the 4th and 5th innings where a couple walks, timely hits and a couple errors gave Greenup the runs they needed to win. I do know that in both innings the leadoff batter was on base and eventually scored. Once by a walk and one by an error both in the 4th and 5th. Odds are that they will score.

Burg had the lead-off batter on with no outs in the 4th, but a hit-n-run doubled the runner off first on a hard liner to CF. Tough break as the ball was hit well. Also I think Burg left the bases loaded in the 5th or 6th as well without scoring. Too many runners left on base. Burg just hasn't been able to string the hits together when needed.

Now that the undefeated season is gone it is time to refocus on the common goal. This is an 8 game season now to the end. 1 loss and you go home.

To the players... It is time to put everything else aside and put forth the effort and extra work to accomplish the task at hand. This chance does not come around very often and you have the team to make history again at Burg. Support each other, stay focused and do the little things that win ball games.

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

FUNDAMENTALS-FUNDAMENTALS-FUNDAMENTALS Get back to them, cover the bases, batter box is the batter's, Bunts

Warm up for a game that is suppose to start at 6, don't take the field until around 6:30, not making excuses, and I like playing Greenup in all sports, it is a money maker and a good competition

Also, since we have traveled to Greenup now for the past five years, and lost each time, lets see if we can't try to get a game back at the Burg field next year, start the game at 5, even though we do not have lights, and reap the gate and concession money. No other school do we play away five years in a row and give up our home field advantage. Just my opinion, but I heard a lot of Burg fans asking why we never play Greenup at home.

Was impressed with Greenup, they made big plays and won a good game.

Russell was great on the mound last night.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Tough loss for the Pirates last night, but they just couldn't seem to catch a break. Two solid hits, one by Hopper and one by Wamsley were both tracked down and caught by a great effort from the center fielder for Greenup and both would have plated some runs. Hoppers was on a hit and run that doubled off the runner and Wamsleys was with bases loaded that would have been a Grand Slam at the Burg, but was just a long fly out at Greenup. Great effort by the Musketeers though and you have to give them credit because they got the hits when they needed them, got the breaks when they needed them, and made the plays on defense when they needed to. Hopefully this loss will show the boys that you have to play your best every day and now that they've put it behind them they can go on and win 8 more games to capture the state title.

Good luck in the tourney!!!

GO PIRATES!!!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Do they play like in basketball. one champion big school or small ?

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Yes.

Return to “Baseball”